IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Wicked c.a.s. Sub box , anyone ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-14, 07:11 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wicked c.a.s. Sub box , anyone ?

I just received mine today , great box i am very pleased but i got a few questions ,because i didnt received any instruction booklet . First does this need to be bolted down ? If so where do you attach it and how? Any pics of the relocation of the mesh hooks? And do i need to remove the plastic tray in the rear left corner to instal this? So far except for no instructions im very pleased w the looks, fit ,customer service ,delivery time , and most important sound, it is a bit pricey thought.
Old 09-12-14, 06:15 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You can leave the tray in place if you remove the lower hook. I put painters tape over my tray so it wouldn't get scratched up. I have the original prototype box in my trunk and it fits tight without and fasteners. If the box you got fits the same as mine then you won't need to bolt it down. I love to corner really hard with my car and it has never moved.
You'll need to make your own hook for the bottom of the net and you can relocated the plastic top hook by drilling a hole in the box or using an existing hole in the trunk that's kinda high up and in an weird position.