IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Heart was set on an M3..drove away with an IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-14, 12:37 PM
justinco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
Thats great...congrats on the F and ...Yes if you decide to get some headers you will love it even more.

..snipped...

ANYWAYs....keep it forever man!...just buy other cars to add to it...then when your next BMW conks out (and it will)...you can drive it off a cliff then go home and say " sure glad my F is still running like when I first got it!" LOL
Thanks! Yes I am already itching to get some of the mods for it, but just gotta be patient

I do plan on keeping the F for a while, it is such a great car. Plus my wife said whenever I have the itch to buy another car, she is keeping the F for herself and I have to go get my own car

Originally Posted by WillRockwe
I'd like to drive an M3 and then write a detailed report on the comparison. Most online road tests are influenced by the "everybody wants one" rep of the Beemer.
The M3 (to me) certainly feels more responsive and direct than the F from a driving point of view. Steering response, chassis feel is "better" and it is light on its feet so to say. My IS-F feels really close when in F-sport mode for sure, but the rest of the package is just so much better than the M3 (imo). But yea, BMW is obviously a big player in the sport sedan segment and as a result much more popular, lots more on the road, etc...one of other the things I like about the IS-F is the exclusiveness and rarity of the car.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
You picked the better car IMO.... Congrats.... FYI, a 335i 2 weeks ago caught on fire at work... Employee pulled in the parking space, light smoke from engine then 20 min later much more smoke and fire in the front... I'm thinking electrical fire... Burnt and curled the hood and grille area....
Thanks Yikes, that is the 2nd story I have heard in the last couple months of a 3 series spontaneously catching fire I too had a 2009 335i, and while it was a nice car and fun to drive, that damn thing had more problems than all of my previous cars combined over 20 years of driving Very annoying getting stranded on the side of the highway in my practically new $40k luxury BMW, waiting for a flatbed to pick me up

Anyways I digress lol....happy to have the piece of mind of Lexus/Toyota reliability
Old 09-04-14, 09:32 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Same dilemma, but M3's have always burned a hole in my wallet. I would have justified it, if I didn't have other expenses. Heart on the m3 and still on the m3

Love the ISF, but all my posts are on the m3 forums -___-
Old 09-06-14, 01:10 PM
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by justinco
I do plan on keeping the F for a while, it is such a great car. Plus my wife said whenever I have the itch to buy another car, she is keeping the F for herself and I have to go get my own car
Congrats, I just got mine as well!

My wife said the exact same thing lol, maybe ill get an RCF in a couple years and give her the F. She is already swiping the keys to it left and right
Old 09-06-14, 04:52 PM
justinco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 786
Congrats, I just got mine as well!

My wife said the exact same thing lol, maybe ill get an RCF in a couple years and give her the F. She is already swiping the keys to it left and right
Nice, congrats as well
Old 09-06-14, 06:13 PM
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you sir!
Old 09-06-14, 07:47 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

good choice