IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

how much would you pay for this IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-14, 10:32 AM
SeaaDucer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Post some pictures and lets take a real look at this thing, then I'm sure plenty on CL will let you
know whether its worth it or not!!!
Old 09-01-14, 12:18 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just sold my 2011 with 46K miles for $37K so if you look around enough you can find an even newer one. I just got tired of trying to sell it that I eventually just took a cash offer a guy gave me. It is actually hard to sell these cars for some reason now. I thought pricing mine at $40K was going to be a quick sell but 4 months later I finally took $37K

I think you guys will start seeing the F's become more and more affordable because the new model and most people aren't looking for a V8 car
Old 09-01-14, 12:57 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by Murph145
DD - 2014 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Hemi Sport fully loaded with leather and more goodies than most cars
Nice Truck, but it is not a Dodge. Since 2010, the RAM has been a separate and distinct line within the Chrysler lineup.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/chr...tives-car-news

Same with the Viper, it's now an SRT Viper.

Lou
Old 09-01-14, 02:55 PM
srt4evah
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's a pretty average price, considering I got the same car with 40k more miles for $6k less. Not a bad price, not a steal.

The stock rims are 19x8 and 19x9, front and rear. You'll be going down in size if you get 18x9, but as far as width you can support, it depends on the offset of the new rims I suppose but I know the stock rims can support at least 245 fronts and 285 rears, or so I have been told.

I've looked at coilovers myself, and I see Tein and KW make coilovers for the IS F, and I hear Ohlins does as well, albeit for about 500% premium over Teins...

You can save something like 9lbs with a catback exhaust from Joe Z.
Old 09-01-14, 03:31 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If its been for sale for 7 months probably priced over . Offer less or work for a better deal . With the new rcf and bmw m4 lots of trading in of isfs
Old 09-02-14, 09:32 AM
joshv06
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
If its been for sale for 7 months probably priced over . Offer less or work for a better deal . With the new rcf and bmw m4 lots of trading in of isfs
^ This, Not sure about the your area, but here in Toronto you can always get a better deal at the dealer. If its been sitting for that long they should be negotiable. I picked mine up with only 60ish, which is equivalent to your 40,000 Miles for $30,000 with all service and almost perfect shape.
Old 09-02-14, 10:21 AM
srt4evah
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'd not want to pay more than $32k.
Old 09-03-14, 07:57 PM
hapasaiyan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tgui
Back to OT with you

GL on finding an F
Well, I might as well get in on this, too, then. 😃

Dealership wouldn't even negotiate on a 2013 with 20k miles. They wouldn't budge off of 51k, so I walked. Two days later, I went to carmax and had them ship a 2010 with 58k miles from Florida to the one nearest me. It comes later next week, and if everything looks good, I'll be getting it. They are asking for 37k.

Should I bother with the maxcare warranty?
Old 09-03-14, 08:06 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hapasaiyan
Well, I might as well get in on this, too, then. 😃

Dealership wouldn't even negotiate on a 2013 with 20k miles. They wouldn't budge off of 51k, so I walked. Two days later, I went to carmax and had them ship a 2010 with 58k miles from Florida to the one nearest me. It comes later next week, and if everything looks good, I'll be getting it. They are asking for 37k.

Should I bother with the maxcare warranty?
I wouldnt but thats just my opinion. Not likely youll have major issues with an ISF such as the engine or transmission itself.
Old 09-03-14, 08:13 PM
hapasaiyan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by speeddem0n
I wouldnt but thats just my opinion. Not likely youll have major issues with an ISF such as the engine or transmission itself.
My thoughts, too. I can use that money on tires ☺
Old 09-04-14, 04:36 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

porsche dealer just offered me 30 for my 08 with 60k in trade
Old 09-04-14, 09:13 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ yea I got offered $35K for my 11 when I got my GTR though I could get more but only ended up with $37K from private party
Old 09-05-14, 02:31 AM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

^^^^ they gave you 37k and know your car for sale in lexus of riverside for 47 thousand almost 48.
Old 09-05-14, 08:36 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
^^^^ they gave you 37k and know your car for sale in lexus of riverside for 47 thousand almost 48.
Asking and selling price are two very different animals. I seriously doubt they will get more than $42k and even that will take a pretty motivated buyer. Just look at what the new site members are paying right now...
Old 09-05-14, 09:09 AM
hapasaiyan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Asking and selling price are two very different animals. I seriously doubt they will get more than $42k and even that will take a pretty motivated buyer. Just look at what the new site members are paying right now...
For the car I mentioned above:

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...7780/overview/

The dealership would not budge off their price. The car was a corporate fleet car with NO service documents. Granted, it's pre-owned and in pretty nice condition, but no service history. It was bought at auction, so they did not pay anywhere near what they are selling it for. This is the midwest, and these cars are not big sellers up here- this one has been on their lot for over 3 months now. If it had awd, it would be much more popular in this area, I'm sure. Regardless, I drove an hour to get to this dealership, and I went on the last day of the month. I told them I was very interested in the car, but I didn't need the car right now- I would only buy if I had a price I was satisfied with. I offered 46.5k and they balked. The sales manager said they just recently lowered the price 3k (gee, I wonder why), and that they couldn't come down on their price and "sell it as a loss." They said someone a few weeks prior offered 47k, so it's not like my offer was something crazy. So I said thanks and got up and left.

On the way out, the saleswoman was trying to explain to me how car purchases, especially Lexus purchases are not so much about "needs" as much as "wants." I wonder how many people they get with that line.

I won't even get into how insulted I was with their appraisal process for my current car.

So a couple days later, on my way back from transferring the CarMax car, I get a call from the saleswoman asking me if I have given any more thought on the price of the car. I said what they were asking is more than I want to pay. She said, "Ok thanks," and that was that.

Maybe in a few months they will wish they accepted my offer. haha. Either way, it works out for me. I will end up getting an older car with more miles for less money, but I have already shoved the difference away in IRAs and have some left over for tires.

Quick Reply: how much would you pay for this IS-F