IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: Would you consider trading your ISF for high horsepower American Muscle?
Yes
17.92%
No
60.38%
Maybe
19.81%
Don't Know
1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Have you considered trading the ISF for American muscle?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-14, 02:16 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Have you considered trading the ISF for American muscle?

I am interested in a wide variety of vehicles and jump across car markets based on what I currently feel like driving. I love small/light sports cars, but I also love lots of raw power.

How many here have considered or are considering high horsepower American Muscle like the Mustang GT500, Camaro ZL1, and more specifically now the Challenger Hellcat or Charger Hellcat?

(I am personally tempted to get the Charger Hellcat, slap some super wide rubber on it, and call it a day.)
Old 08-14-14, 02:53 PM
LionelHutz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking about a Charger Hellcat. There probably would be some tradeoffs in refinement and driveability compared to the ISF, but "most powerful production sedan ever" makes a pretty good counterargument.
Old 08-14-14, 02:55 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only one, the new Vette/z06. Fit and finish on the interior of those cars aren't up to par for newer cars. They have improved but not quite there. Need to get on the new Vette's level
Old 08-14-14, 03:15 PM
calteg
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

I've thought about it, but above 400hp all you do is get more frustrated in traffic.
Plus, none of the cars mentioned will have the refinement or reliability of the IS-F.
Old 08-14-14, 03:31 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ I get frustrated in traffic where I live with the F. Rarely is an opportunity to really open up without being dangerous or at least obnoxious to other drivers.

I do plan on keeping the F for at least another couple of years. What comes next, who knows? I like having an somewhat unusual car though, and although I don't see a lot of ZL1s, GT500s, and obviously no Hellcats, I can't step outside without coming across a dozen Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers and Challengers.

Voted Maaaaaybe.
Old 08-14-14, 04:08 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

big american muscle has always been my first love, ever since i was little kid. i can thank steve mcqueen, road warrior, dukes of hazard, etc.

having said that, i've never owned one. the only american car i've had was a 79' buick regal my folks gave me in high school. i'm infatuated with the hell cat charger. but i'm just too chicken to give up the reliability of the lexus. i could give up refinement and even styling if i knew the reliability was there.
Old 08-14-14, 04:19 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Sure I have.

Owned two GTOs (2004 and 2006).

Took a look at a ZL1, it was very impressive, but the interior sucks, the view from the inside to outside is horrid..felt like I was in the bottom of a well. Impressive cars though.

The GT500 is not a track car, and neither is the Hellcat.

There is more to a car than horsepower/torque.

If you think our IS-F is heavy..have fun with these guys.
Old 08-14-14, 04:26 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

U forgot to put the upcoming Shelby GT350 on ur list of choices. That is gonna be the American muscle car I'm most interested in seeing when it comes out. I'm in a bind cause after owning 2 IS-F cars it will be hard to get away from the reliability and quality of the Japanese muscle sedan. GTR and RC-F are out of my $50k car budget so not sure what is next for me. If someone were to give u $45k right now and say get any 4 door sedan u want, u could get a clean low mile 2011 F with headers and exhaust that will run 4 second 0-60 and 12 sec 1/4 mile times and be basically bulletproof reliable wise. What other car in that price range can say that?
Old 08-14-14, 05:49 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

I do miss my 77 Trans Am 6.6L. Besides being a "go-fast" the ISF provides quality, driveability and a style unmatched by domestics. The ISF is not my DD though.For around town and inclement weather I have my 2001 BMW 330xi.
Old 08-14-14, 06:19 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Originally Posted by Rickna
I do miss my 77 Trans Am 6.6L. Besides being a "go-fast" the ISF provides quality, driveability and a style unmatched by domestics. The ISF is not my DD though.For around town and inclement weather I have my 2001 BMW 330xi.
Daily drive it dude! You are just saving it for the next guy!
Old 08-14-14, 06:38 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Daily drive it dude! You are just saving it for the next guy!
When I'm in it I'm enjoying it, no doubt about it.
Old 08-14-14, 06:39 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Originally Posted by cremaster
big american muscle has always been my first love, ever since i was little kid. i can thank steve mcqueen, road warrior, dukes of hazard, etc.

having said that, i've never owned one. the only american car i've had was a 79' buick regal my folks gave me in high school. i'm infatuated with the hell cat charger. but i'm just too chicken to give up the reliability of the lexus. i could give up refinement and even styling if i knew the reliability was there.
Originally Posted by ClassicSC3
nope, infact I see such a great opportunity to get vintage lux at low prices going used Japanese mid-90s cars namely the LS, GS and SCs! Performance is relative but total package including price is FOREVER!
They are pretty reliable. The down low torque you get and the ability to work on them is pretty fun too.

I seriously believe everyone should own at least one rwd V8 american muscle car in their lifetime
Old 08-14-14, 08:07 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I have also considered getting the new Z06, but I just can't justify having that as my only vehicle (I would have to sell the ISF and my truck to get one).
Old 08-14-14, 08:44 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm leaning heavily to adding the Hellcat to the stable. I did have a Superbee and it was a hoot!
Old 08-14-14, 09:05 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

By american muscle id only take the new vettes or a classic american muscle, 66 mustang etc.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: Have you considered trading the ISF for American muscle?