IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: Would you consider trading your ISF for high horsepower American Muscle?
Yes
17.92%
No
60.38%
Maybe
19.81%
Don't Know
1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Have you considered trading the ISF for American muscle?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-14, 10:09 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think any of those cars mentioned are in a different league than the ISF.

vette, gt500, hellcat, new Z28 are all powerfull American muscle cars.

not sure how a F would compare to any of those really.

I don't know I think I am jaded now that I own a GTR just ruins all other cars for me
Old 08-14-14, 10:53 PM
jamesw95
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will likely trade my F for a new vette within the next year. I love the F but miss my C6 vette. Mainly the manual tranny.
Old 08-14-14, 11:03 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Only for the new Z06.
Old 08-15-14, 12:44 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

As much as I dont like American cars I almost bought a GT500 or ZL1 but found there to be way to many threads on quality issues and supercharger issues on the forums for me to take the plunge ( plus the fact that the ZL1 was release was delayed bec of "quality issues". I thanked the guys on the forum for being honest and I bought my ISF 2 weeks later.
Old 08-15-14, 05:24 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes the Hellcat, GT500, etc are amazing cars in their own respect we have to look at the data. SRT the only reason even as they said, and many of the larger sedans and 4 door car manufacturers deem such horsepower is in means ofcoarse to feed the HP wars, but to actually compensate for the weight difference to produce numbers to compete within the class and beyond in other respects. Keep in mind if you have ever driven a challenger and compared the vehicle data its a 4400 pound car. Thus, to produce 0-60 times, 1/4, etc they have now gone to an 8 speed auto and increased horsepower to in end align the POWER to WEIGHT ratio. Because in the end physics always comes into play. You require a greater force if the object you have is more resistive to external forces (heavier in comparison to lighter of the same), and imagine use on the track the even larger brakes are going to take a beating etc. So, technically if the car was lighter Dodge could have produce better numbers or same with less powerful engine and or reaped super car numbers with same power plant and lighter chassis.

But, again these questions are hard to answer because everyone has a different end objective and the choices and options are so broad you almost have to have one of each!
Old 08-15-14, 05:50 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Since I was interested in a 4 door only. I considered the CTS-V..but thats about it when it comes to American for me. The latest Camaro Z28 looks like something I would consider..if I was getting a coupe.
Old 08-15-14, 06:15 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Only American car I would ever trade up for is a Viper.
Old 08-15-14, 06:24 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd rock a Chevy SS if I were to go cheaper. It surely is far more easy to mod.

Have you considered trading the ISF for American muscle?-rc9ouk5.jpg
Old 08-15-14, 06:32 AM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Murph145
I think any of those cars mentioned are in a different league than the ISF.

vette, gt500, hellcat, new Z28 are all powerfull American muscle cars.

not sure how a F would compare to any of those really.

I don't know I think I am jaded now that I own a GTR just ruins all other cars for me
I know they aren't direct competitors. Most are in a similar price range with the ISF though. It is apples to oranges, but my question was who would consider going from apples to oranges...lol.
Old 08-15-14, 08:02 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ Exactly. I hate when people look at these threads and say "ISF and blah blah are in a different league"......well no ****.... people are just trying to gauge interest from others to see if it would be a viable upgrade, not comparing the cars!
Old 08-15-14, 08:16 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Had a 1971 Cutlass SX for 13 years. Sold in 08 and got my eff in May of this year.

It's surprising how much they actually have in common. Seems this dying v8 generation is quite the homage to cars like this. Hell, my buddy's 2013 m3 on a cold start sounds shockingly like a cammed big block from the 70s. Amazing.

I love my ISF, and I'm never trading it. However, a 1968 Charger is probably my favorite car of all time and one will be in my garage someday.

The ISF is a brilliant automobile and the Japanese are our pals. All this being said, the way I see it: ISF + American Soil = American Muscle.
Old 08-15-14, 08:38 AM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

If this SARD tune ever comes through and I can get 440+whp, I don't think I will consider another car. I have BC Racing coils with Swift springs sitting in my computer room. All I will need is a true LSD and the ISF will go from great to fantastic.
Old 08-15-14, 09:30 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
^^ Exactly. I hate when people look at these threads and say "ISF and blah blah are in a different league"......well no ****.... people are just trying to gauge interest from others to see if it would be a viable upgrade, not comparing the cars!
then might as well compare it to a porshe gt3 if its apples to oranges. Only real car worthy of a top end upgrade IMO.

lol you should watch jay lenos garage on you tube and see him compare and look at the new hell cat. It is no joke and has a nice updated interior. The ISF stock is slow and heavy its a fun daily car but its interior isnt really anything special IMO. They are nice cars but getting dated.
Old 08-15-14, 10:26 AM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would be willing to leave for a sing ray z06.
Old 08-15-14, 10:28 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Murph145
then might as well compare it to a porshe gt3 if its apples to oranges. Only real car worthy of a top end upgrade IMO.

lol you should watch jay lenos garage on you tube and see him compare and look at the new hell cat. It is no joke and has a nice updated interior. The ISF stock is slow and heavy its a fun daily car but its interior isnt really anything special IMO. They are nice cars but getting dated.
Yes, his review is nice, but it would be interesting to see how the drivetrain of the auto 8 holds up to 707HP.

Quick Reply: Have you considered trading the ISF for American muscle?