IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-12, 10:50 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?

Since most of us IS-F owners have already sampled the best Lexus has to offer so far (not counting the un-attainable LFA of course) just curious what you guys think of the upcoming car?

We recently all saw the new GS (F-sport) version first at SEMA and later when I was at CES, we got a chance to actually sit in the 5-axis version of the car. I love that car’s body work and the Pioneer audio system was amazing as well. I can only hope Lexus remembers to keep some of the 5-axis lines when they build the new GS-F.

Do you think this car can compete market share wise with the highly anticipated new M5? Or the veteran E63 AMG which has proven itself worthy.

After I sold my IS-F, I’m at a cross-road of debating to go back to BMW M-cars (which I’ve always been a fan of) or wait for the upcoming GS-F.

For me I love the IS-F but it’s just simply too small of a car for me to own these days.

Love to hear comments/thoughts – would you trade your IS-F for the GS-F?

rick
Old 02-03-12, 11:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

there isn't even enough remote news on the gsf to make it worth discussion of whether it will be good or bad. not even a potential engine choice
Old 02-03-12, 11:23 AM
LBmtb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
there isn't even enough remote news on the gsf to make it worth discussion of whether it will be good or bad. not even a potential engine choice
What he said.

However - If I wanted a full (or mid depending on who you ask) performance sedan I would have bought something else. I like the ISF's balance of size, space, comfort, performance, and agility. For me, it's the best daily driver I could ask for.
Old 02-03-12, 11:39 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

What GS-F ?? !!!

~ Joe Z
Old 02-03-12, 03:45 PM
dano9258
Driver

^^^ Like the above poster stated. There has been no GS-F announced yet. Its all speculation at this point. The GS F Sport will be no where near the M-5, or even the ISF in terms of handling and power.
Old 02-03-12, 05:35 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like everyone has said above. I guess we will see when, if, it actually is going to be in the lexus line up.
Old 02-03-12, 06:03 PM
andysvette
Driver

A true F-Car want a be. No V8 what gives.
Old 02-03-12, 06:55 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

There will not be a GS-F. it would end up costing $20k more than an M5 so there is no point.. All there is going to be is a GS F Sport.
Old 02-03-12, 09:51 PM
Mickeytl
Driver School Candidate

I really do like the aggresive body style...think the rear somewhat looks like the isf. But, it's way too much and not enough power. Guess I wouldn't mind owning one.
Old 02-03-12, 10:53 PM
Underdog_
Rookie

Why is Lexus hell bent on diluting/confusing the "F" brand with the crappy "F Sport" sub-brand? In addition, throwing "F" into various model designations further confuses the effort. It bugs me every time I hear it.

To this end, almost every car dude I've met assumes I've added the F-Sport parts to my IS, when it's actually an IS-F. When I tell them about the IS-F, it's clear they never knew it existed.
Old 02-03-12, 11:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
There will not be a GS-F. it would end up costing $20k more than an M5 so there is no point..
and you know this from...?

Originally Posted by Underdog_
Why is Lexus hell bent on diluting/confusing the "F" brand with the crappy "F Sport" sub-brand? In addition, throwing "F" into various model designations further confuses the effort. It bugs me every time I hear it.

To this end, almost every car dude I've met assumes I've added the F-Sport parts to my IS, when it's actually an IS-F. When I tell them about the IS-F, it's clear they never knew it existed.
bmw have msport packages on normal 3/5/7 series as well, mb i believe also have sport setups on certain models, what's the problem? it's just a sports lines. people mistaking your isf as fsport because lexus hasn't fully expanded the f line. imho fsport is a good starting point for them
Old 02-03-12, 11:31 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I agree. Though distinguishing between say an ISx50 F-sport with an IS F is more than just a badge, most people do recognize the similar look and placement of those badges and group them together. BMW has had their M performance package, as well as Mercedes with its AMG performance package, so there should be no reason why Lexus cannot produce the F-sport package for its lineup. Will we see a GS F? I don't think it'll come soon. I do believe Lexus is seeing where BMW and Mercedes will take their Ms and AMGs, and will hopefully construct a prototype that is set to sway future owners into a GS F, should there be enough of a demand to produce a sizable batch. It's a difficult group to gauge, as there have been many here who want the GS F, but at what cost and performance from the factory? Should there be an F variant in each model? Competition says yes, but because the F marquee is still new, I would not want the GS F or any other F version to be rushed into production.
Old 02-04-12, 12:00 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Honestly if lexus cares about the F brand they will make a GSF. Not making one will show they don't care.

The ISF can't carry the whole F brand.
Old 02-04-12, 07:13 AM
ILowNslowI
Pole Position

I saw a brand new GS with the F-Sport package at westside lexus here in houston yesterday, went to go get a couple things for the F...it looks slickkkkkk!!!! for an f-sport...
Old 02-04-12, 10:05 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There will always be a battle between True F and F sport. I consider us as the OG F. MMMMM intersting plate ideas.

TRUE F
TRU-F
OG F
GOT F
ONLY1F

Quick Reply: Current IS-F owners, what are YOUR thoughts on the upcoming GS-F?