IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

How often do you guys go WOT????

Old 08-09-14, 12:07 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Every weekend I get to drive her. Freeway onramps and the occasional long stretch of highway when I know law enforcement isn't lurking are what she likes.I definitely give her an audience when I floor in the middle of a large stretch, and there are still neck breakers to this day. And then there's the intrigued douchebag who thinks he's stepping to a 2IS with a body kit. Never a dull moment with this one...
Old 08-09-14, 05:39 AM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some of these comments are making me lol...for me, it's every chance i get. Mostly freeway onramps or when streets are clear. it's my daily, i cant help it...
Old 08-09-14, 07:51 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Took the car to Canada last year. After crossing the border there are a ton of long stretches. Let's just put it this way, I was WOT in almost every gear...
Old 08-09-14, 09:24 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Well, I guess I'm different than most of you guys. To me, part of the beauty of the F is that you don't really need to "floor it" like you do with most other cars. Just a little pressure on the go pedal, and I can "fly". What a feeling, what a CAR!!!!!!

Lou
Old 08-09-14, 09:43 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

every month after everything is at normal temp...
Old 08-09-14, 11:13 AM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Well, I guess I'm different than most of you guys. To me, part of the beauty of the F is that you don't really need to "floor it" like you do with most other cars. Just a little pressure on the go pedal, and I can "fly". What a feeling, what a CAR!!!!!!

Lou
I can definitely agree with and appreciate this statement :-) Took a former mustang owner for a ride a few weeks ago and he was really impressed. Said he was waiting to see how it would pull into and after 4th since that's where some cars seem to taper off (in his experience). I told him that's one of the things I love about this car, it seems like acceleration is endless. I often run out of road before power/gear - haha.

As for time spent going WOT...like most seems like I'm in it at least once every time I get behind the wheel and mines my daily also. Can't stop, won't stop - haha I like it ;-)
Old 08-09-14, 02:20 PM
ISFahaoo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BieberNutz
I can definitely agree with and appreciate this statement :-) Took a former mustang owner for a ride a few weeks ago and he was really impressed. Said he was waiting to see how it would pull into and after 4th since that's where some cars seem to taper off (in his experience). I told him that's one of the things I love about this car, it seems like acceleration is endless. I often run out of road before power/gear - haha.

As for time spent going WOT...like most seems like I'm in it at least once every time I get behind the wheel and mines my daily also. Can't stop, won't stop - haha I like it ;-)
very true, this happend to me last night, haha I ran out of road before power haha.
Old 08-09-14, 02:34 PM
v8sten
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had fun beating on my F last night. It surprised me when I down shifted and went from about a 60 roll it spun a little and kicked *** end out. I was not expecting that. I was running my friends 2014 Camaro SS. No match for the ISF
Old 08-09-14, 04:14 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Well, I cruised along the beach today for a bit after taking my wife to pick up some purse she found on craigslist and, partly because of this thread, took the "long" way home. Too much fun! It's probably a good thing my normal commute and daily driving is so restrictive.

I totally agree with Lou though. I don't need to floor it to get my enjoyment. I'm in love with this car every time I get behind the wheel, whether I'm driving through my normal city traffic, or on a long empty stretch of road.
Old 08-09-14, 04:15 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,837 Likes on 2,326 Posts

Plenty when I'm by myself. Never when I have my 1 year old with me.
Old 08-09-14, 11:01 PM
powermungr
Rookie

I didn't really think there was any other way to drive it. Then again there are days when I don't drive the F and then its like Christmas when I do.
Old 08-10-14, 04:51 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

merging, and I merge a lot.
Old 09-19-14, 12:23 PM
Ftime
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I changed me accelerator peddle to a toggle switch, off or on. It gets tricky in traffic.
Old 09-19-14, 12:37 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ftime
I changed me accelerator peddle to a toggle switch, off or on. It gets tricky in traffic.
LOL!!!!!!!

Whenever I see a long freeway on ramp, which is every night when I leave work. Especially on ramps with high walls on both sides. I love the sound of the Sikky and Meistershaft. Oh don't even get me started on long tunnels such as under airport runways, all of my windows would be down and the sunroof open!
Old 09-19-14, 12:47 PM
hapasaiyan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Plenty when I'm by myself. Never when I have my 1 year old with me.
Our daughter (2yrs) was with us when I drove it home. Was in a merging lane and floored it. Once I let off, my daughter said "whoa." That was a proud dad moment. Then for the rest of the ride home, she kept saying "Daddy, go fast." lol. She's a bad influence.

To the OP: whenever I can.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How often do you guys go WOT????