IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"Could" be big a Tuning Breakthrough

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-14, 04:55 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think we should try to keep the thread on track. I really just wanted to inform people that someone has been able to get success with tuning an US spec ISF ecu. Price speculation aside, im just hoping that SARD/Novel will share their success with the platform by selling the tuning software and ability to US consumers.
Old 08-08-14, 07:06 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Think we should try to keep the thread on track. I really just wanted to inform people that someone has been able to get success with tuning an US spec ISF ecu. Price speculation aside, im just hoping that SARD/Novel will share their success with the platform by selling the tuning software and ability to US consumers.
That would be fantastic because I would be a buyer
Old 08-08-14, 08:21 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis
Lol, What did you pay?
wat did i pay?
well i cant tell you exactly
but it cost me under 3K and thats with a spare ecu
Old 08-09-14, 02:12 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ilv1004s
wat did i pay?
(1) do you have revised RPM limit( raised)?
(2) do you have speed limiter removed ?
(3) did they have to have your car to install tune/ or is this done with a new ECU that you swap into your F
these are just a few questions , could you please answer, thank you
Old 08-09-14, 06:58 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rselby
(1) do you have revised RPM limit( raised)?
(2) do you have speed limiter removed ?
(3) did they have to have your car to install tune/ or is this done with a new ECU that you swap into your F
these are just a few questions , could you please answer, thank you
1. RPM no i didnt as i just wanted a basic tune with out stretching the motor too much (the valves and springs do like the extra revs)
2. speed limiter? ( we do not have such thing here)
3. no i downloaded the ecu data and sent it off to i had a working car the whole time

Contact NOVEL directly for info
i am the official novel distributor for australia not for NA
but this is how i tune my customers cars
Old 08-09-14, 07:52 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. RPM no i didnt as i just wanted a basic tune with out stretching the motor too much (the valves and springs do like the extra revs)
2. speed limiter? ( we do not have such thing here)
3. no i downloaded the ecu data and sent it off to i had a working car the whole time

Contact NOVEL directly for info
i am the official novel distributor for australia not for NA
but this is how i tune my customers cars
We need someone here in the US, SoCal preferably since we have the most F. This way we can do quick turn around tuning on our ecu.
Old 08-10-14, 01:06 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

It sucks, but I for one will not hesitate to spend $100/hp gained from a tune. I'd rather spend 3-4k and have a competitive 2008 ISF than fork over 40k on top of my car to get a new M3 or C63 when it comes out. I really hope this tuning solution actually hits the market. I'm happy with every aspect of my ISF except the straight line performance. ...well not every aspect, but close.
Old 08-10-14, 01:43 PM
RMA
Driver

Originally Posted by Gymkata
It sucks, but I for one will not hesitate to spend $100/hp gained from a tune. I'd rather spend 3-4k and have a competitive 2008 ISF than fork over 40k on top of my car to get a new M3 or C63 when it comes out. I really hope this tuning solution actually hits the market. I'm happy with every aspect of my ISF except the straight line performance. ...well not every aspect, but close.
You & I both
Old 08-11-14, 07:01 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrd916
Pretty sure we all knew before we purchased our cars that there was no tuning solution. We all could have bought M3 or C63 for same price and had a tuneable monster of a car. Kind of funny we have threads about a slim chance of a possible tune and people get pissed when they find out it doesn't exist.
and I will also add m3's are a pos so I wanted a reliable car and Benz and bimmer don't make those. Toyota for life.
Old 08-11-14, 08:54 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wat did i pay?
How much was the spare ECU if you don't mind me asking. I was thinking of going this route as I daily my car and don't want it sitting in the garage until they were done.
Old 08-13-14, 01:56 PM
yosacchmo
Driver School Candidate

I'm new to the ISF, but I really hope something like this comes quick. From what I've read its been a long time coming, but a good flash could really wake this motor up, i'm sure there's some lost potential. Granted my car is stock, I'm only about 4 weeks into ownership, but some TQ increases would be huge for this car.
Old 08-13-14, 02:09 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

have you looked into the typical bolt ons: intake, header, exhaust? There are substantial gains to be found in those. This tune doesnt look like a custom tune to take into account mods so its more going to be a cookie cutter tune.
Old 08-13-14, 03:01 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
have you looked into the typical bolt ons: intake, header, exhaust? There are substantial gains to be found in those. This tune doesnt look like a custom tune to take into account mods so its more going to be a cookie cutter tune.
or intake/gutted cats/exhaust lol!
Old 09-16-14, 10:54 AM
abohler
Driver

Is this thread dead? I am still hanging on to hope we can get the opportunity to advance or retard timing. That is all I need from these tunes.
Old 09-16-14, 02:41 PM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gymkata
Agreed! I've only had my ISF for a 3 weeks now, so everything is super fun still since I don't daily it. I also wouldn't mind spending a little extra for some solid hp gains! Novel makes some quality stuff, looking to pick up some headers soon.

Would love to hear about getting an ECU tune here in Cali! I'd drive to Southern Cali to get it done if I had to!

Quick Reply: "Could" be big a Tuning Breakthrough