IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"Could" be big a Tuning Breakthrough

Old 08-07-14, 04:51 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

sucks that we have to pay so much for power, you can get the gains of intake header exhaust and tune for an isf for the price of one little chip for a bmw.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-07-14, 04:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis
LMFAO, if they are looking for $4000+, I'd rather buy track time, gain experience and become a better driver. Big waste of money.... I think the most I'd spend is $2000 and thats pushing it. $1500 to me is perfect.
I agree 110%. In the end its about balance, skill, and seat time. Not saying it will not help on the street , but once you have had your car on the track you realize all that tuning to add a little power will still not drop your lap times like learning to drive. We all think we know how to drive.......but .......most have no clue how to handle the car at the limit. Still learning and looking forward to more track days !!
Old 08-07-14, 05:25 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol, for those of you who are comparing this to seat time is kind of ridiculous.. it serves its purpose to modify the vehicle the way we want it.

the whole argument of comparing this to seat time is like saying, I'd rather save $3-4k of buying new exhaust/headers and just put it into seat time, I'll end up being faster than those guys with headers/exhaust and no seat time.. well sure you might, but those guys with headers and exhaust did it for their own pleasure and other reasons rather than get achieve better lap times.

If you can't afford it, don't bash on it.
Old 08-07-14, 07:01 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty sure we all knew before we purchased our cars that there was no tuning solution. We all could have bought M3 or C63 for same price and had a tuneable monster of a car. Kind of funny we have threads about a slim chance of a possible tune and people get pissed when they find out it doesn't exist.
Old 08-08-14, 01:38 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISFpat
If you can't afford it, don't bash on it.
This has nothing to do with being able to afford it but if you want to be my financial planner because obviously you know my financial situation please PM me. You have no idea what you're talking about. Being spanked by a stock e46 M3 on a tire on a track made me realize I'd rather spend my money investing in me rather than the car. The car gets sold and so does the power, the talent stays with me for life. One track day could cost up to $1500 when it's comes to wear on your brakes, tires, fuel consumption and track time, and you leave with nothing more than with experience. I guess the ones who won't track can't afford it.....it's personal preference and I was just stating mine.

Last edited by Compthis; 08-08-14 at 03:20 AM.
Old 08-08-14, 05:26 AM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

lol reading through some of the stuff u guys are saying is funny lol
i for one have a reflashed ecu performed by novel
and no it doesnt cost 1500000000
and yes it does work
Old 08-08-14, 06:15 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ilv1004s
lol reading through some of the stuff u guys are saying is funny lol
i for one have a reflashed ecu performed by novel
and no it doesnt cost 1500000000
and yes it does work
Lol, What did you pay?
Old 08-08-14, 06:18 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate008
Price point will be ridiculous and won't account for the mods on the car (headers, exhaust, etc.) since the ECU will have to be shipped to Japan to get the tune I'm sure.

I'm glad someone is tackling the lack of tuning issue and making progress for this car but I don't see how it will be very beneficial or "worth" the cost.
Originally Posted by I8ABMR
if NOVEL is doing it , it should sell for a reasonable $15000 for the ECU. LOL
Well SARD set the market b/t $3,000-$3,500, depending on what you want done, so NOVEL already has a price point to deal with. If they try to push that, their tune better provide better performance than SARDs. Otherwise, they won't find any buyers.
Old 08-08-14, 06:40 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

This has nothing to do with being able to afford it but if you want to be my financial planner because obviously you know my financial situation please PM me. You have no idea what you're talking about. Being spanked by a stock e46 M3 on a tire on a track made me realize I'd rather spend my money investing in me rather than the car.
so why the extensive mod list then? An ECU tune with power and response tweaks would make you even faster on the track than without. Thats a mod you get to enjoy 100% of the time whether youre on a track or not. And yes I have been road courses several times in my ISs. Mods unlock the cars and the drivers potential on the track. Its not just the car.

No idea why people are so against this ECU tune when for the longest time bolt ons is all this car had to offer.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 08-08-14 at 06:44 AM.
Old 08-08-14, 07:04 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yet another ECU tune thread going in the wrong direction. It's really like a broken record at this point guys so lets move on. The little bit of positive reinforcement we have seen is really nice.
Mrd916 really hit the nail on the head.
Old 08-08-14, 07:55 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
so why the extensive mod list then? An ECU tune with power and response tweaks would make you even faster on the track than without. Thats a mod you get to enjoy 100% of the time whether youre on a track or not. And yes I have been road courses several times in my ISs. Mods unlock the cars and the drivers potential on the track. Its not just the car.

No idea why people are so against this ECU tune when for the longest time bolt ons is all this car had to offer.
I also said this:

If I could do it all over again, I would scrap the power adders and pile up some Hoosiers and Carbotechs

Last edited by Compthis; 08-08-14 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-08-14, 09:52 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also said this:
Practice what you preach?

You can sell your mods easily for over $2-3k and pile up on tires and get you enough money to any track in the US. Thats money sitting on your car that could of given you more experience and become faster than any of those mods could have.
Old 08-08-14, 12:23 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I know its works because Taku = Novel bought an ISF smoky granite mica from the US and shipped to Japan , they have been working on it for a while now still waiting for the final stage
Old 08-08-14, 01:10 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Practice what you preach?

You can sell your mods easily for over $2-3k and pile up on tires and get you enough money to any track in the US. Thats money sitting on your car that could of given you more experience and become faster than any of those mods could have.
Now you're just being a total idiot. Spend $1000 in labour to recover $2000 dollars worth of modifications and run the risk of breaking things in the process for no reason. Then there is my time which I can't believe I'm wasting on you. I'm done justifying myself and my bankroll to you, Get a life.

Mods I'm sorry for this rude response but ISFPAT is off his rocker and needs to be brought down to speed, it must be ECU driving him over the edge.
Old 08-08-14, 01:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,112 Likes on 1,289 Posts

OK guys knock if off.

If you've already stated your negative opinion in this or other threads, move on. Let the folks who do have interest discuss it without a repeat of past arguments.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Could" be big a Tuning Breakthrough