PPE Headers Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-14, 06:37 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPE Headers Installation

Edited with new pics

I dropped off my IS-F at PPE Engineering this afternoon to get some of their ceramic coated headers installed. I've realized after reading a few threads that some guys got a CEL, so being that I'm pretty local to PPE, who better to install them then the guys that make them? I decided to have take my car to the experts and have PPE Engineering do my install, in hopes that I can clear up some misconceptions that this is a PPE product issue vs. installer error. I'm super excited to get it done the right way, and paired with my Joe Z exhaust its going to sound amazing! I will update with some pics and sound clips as the progress continues. Until then, heres a pic of my F waiting to get the headers put on! Should have my Vossens by this weekend, so it will be like owning a new car again

Name:  xMpNzOx.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  147.7 KB

Here are a few pics of the 02 sensor wiring extensions. Notice the bracket that was removed (it was visible in the first pic, gone in the second). According to Paul at PPE, this bracket needs to be removed allowing the extension to be routed away from the header so that it won't melt. I believe a lot of the problems with melted harnesses is due to this bracket not being removed. Also, notice the position of the wiring extension. Maybe Paul or Eric from PPE can chime in on this if I am missing something.

Name:  3I3gtlC.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  137.8 KB
Name:  f3uIuzk.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  141.6 KB
Name:  kSKSsPU.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  91.8 KB
Name:  pq1PzBN.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  91.2 KB

Last edited by RedlineAZ; 02-24-15 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-06-14, 09:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey buddy congrats ! I'm sure you are going to be very happy. I'll need to swing by to hear it. Thanks for letting me check out the exhaust. Car sounded amazing and I'm am intending on getting an exhaust in the near future. I admire you and PPE for helping explain to me , in particular , about the install issue as well as to shed light on the true lack of drone with v8 exhausts . I couldn't believe how quiet you system was cruising on the freeway .
Old 08-06-14, 09:23 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Hey buddy congrats ! I'm sure you are going to be very happy. I'll need to swing by to hear it. Thanks for letting me check out the exhaust. Car sounded amazing and I'm am intending on getting an exhaust in the near future. I admire you and PPE for helping explain to me , in particular , about the install issue as well as to shed light on the true lack of drone with v8 exhausts . I couldn't believe how quiet you system was cruising on the freeway .
Glad you finally got a first hand experience...

Looking forward to the videos with the Exhaust & PPE Headers

Joe Z
Old 08-06-14, 10:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Glad you finally got a first hand experience...

Looking forward to the videos with the Exhaust & PPE Headers

Joe Z
I was floored , Joe Z. Davis drove the car kind of easily and the tone of the system was deep and amazing. On the freeway when he accelerated it was like the noise of the exhaust went down as opposed to up and into the cabin and while he was cruising it was totally silent. I would have never believed it if I hadnt checked it out. Its nuts that a V6 exhaust system would drone 2 times as bad as a v8. I totally intend on adding an exhaust to my car sooner than later. I am a believer. Very happy RedlineAZ took the time to let me check it out.

Funny story. I was going to meet up with him in the afternoon . During the day I was running errands and saw a black ISF in a parking lot. I was excited to I had to roll by and wave. As the car passed I could hear that it had an exhaust. I texted Davis to tell him I heard an ISF in a lot with a exhaust and I thought it was a sign that I should get an exhaust ( between meeting him and running into the F with an exhaust) . What was funny was the black car was his. His wife was running errands in his car. Small world. Great exhaust. Very cool Club Lexus member.

Thanks again RedlineAZ for taking the time to let me check out your exhaust .
Old 08-07-14, 12:05 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Paul and his crew are great people. I did the same thing. I live in Tucson and drove up to Tempe to have PPE install their headers on my F. I couldn't be happier with the service they provided, not to mention the way my car sounds and performs. By the way PPE's new dual mode exhaust is amazing. I got to see it in person. The quality and workmanship put into each system is top shelf. These guys are the real deal. They truely take pride in the products they sell.
Old 08-07-14, 12:45 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

My PPE's coming tomorrow instal next week hope it goes smooth!
Old 08-07-14, 05:50 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking of driving from CA to AZ to have PPE install the headers. Get it done right the first time from the source.
Old 08-07-14, 06:06 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Amen brother.
Old 08-07-14, 08:49 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

I was floored , Joe Z. Davis drove the car kind of easily and the tone of the system was deep and amazing. On the freeway when he accelerated it was like the noise of the exhaust went down as opposed to up and into the cabin and while he was cruising it was totally silent. I would have never believed it if I hadnt checked it out. Its nuts that a V6 exhaust system would drone 2 times as bad as a v8. I totally intend on adding an exhaust to my car sooner than later. I am a believer. Very happy RedlineAZ took the time to let me check it out.

Funny story. I was going to meet up with him in the afternoon . During the day I was running errands and saw a black ISF in a parking lot. I was excited to I had to roll by and wave. As the car passed I could hear that it had an exhaust. I texted Davis to tell him I heard an ISF in a lot with a exhaust and I thought it was a sign that I should get an exhaust ( between meeting him and running into the F with an exhaust) . What was funny was the black car was his. His wife was running errands in his car. Small world. Great exhaust. Very cool Club Lexus member.

Thanks again RedlineAZ for taking the time to let me check out your exhaust .
Pretty small world huh?! My wife was excited about bumping into another IS-F and funny how it ended up being you lol. I appreciate the kind words! I'm glad you liked the exhaust! It is definitely a lot harder to tell how an exhaust sounds from a video, no videos do this Joe Z exhaust justice! Same with the PPE headers, I highly encourage any of you guys looking to get one to meet with a local forum member that has one and check it out in person. They sound amazing! I should have my car back from header install tomorrow. The anticipation is killing me! LOL!

It was really nice meeting you Tammer! Hopefully we can swing by a Cars and Coffee meet soon!
Old 08-07-14, 09:01 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Its just a wonderful mod.

I was a bit troubled to hear of ppl gutting their cats and getting the same results...lol...but ehh they look cool (if I could see them that is)

I love the sound also...and the real world feel of the extra HP...(unlike that mental HP like when ppl pop in a hi flow filter and say ,,,yeah the car is faster...LOL)
Old 08-07-14, 09:24 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^They didn't get the same results. Gutted cats got 6WHP over stock.

Lou
Old 08-07-14, 09:57 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
^^^^They didn't get the same results. Gutted cats got 6WHP over stock.

Lou
Is that so...I could have sworn I read somewhere on here that people who gutted the cats,...got near same results as those with sikky and PPE's....no?

LOVE MY PPE's either way
Old 08-07-14, 10:38 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^No! It fizzled out as I knew it would.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...me-soon-5.html

Lou
Old 08-07-14, 11:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Pretty small world huh?! My wife was excited about bumping into another IS-F and funny how it ended up being you lol. I appreciate the kind words! I'm glad you liked the exhaust! It is definitely a lot harder to tell how an exhaust sounds from a video, no videos do this Joe Z exhaust justice! Same with the PPE headers, I highly encourage any of you guys looking to get one to meet with a local forum member that has one and check it out in person. They sound amazing! I should have my car back from header install tomorrow. The anticipation is killing me! LOL!

It was really nice meeting you Tammer! Hopefully we can swing by a Cars and Coffee meet soon!
It was a pleasure , Davis. I really appreciate you taking the time to let me check it out. It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to hitting Cars & Coffee with you in the future. I am dying to hear what your beast sounds like now. Add to that the Vossens and you have yourself one bad *** F !!!
Old 08-08-14, 07:36 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

It was a pleasure , Davis. I really appreciate you taking the time to let me check it out. It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to hitting Cars & Coffee with you in the future. I am dying to hear what your beast sounds like now. Add to that the Vossens and you have yourself one bad *** F !!!
Thanks man! Looking forward to it! We will get together once the car is back and you can check out the headers and wheels

Quick Reply: PPE Headers Installation