IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Traded MYISF for 997 4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-15, 04:30 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
how do you like the 997.1 turbo vs the 997.2 c4s?

The interior and electronics of the 997.2 seem superior
Well it is funny you ask...the 2009 TT is kind of different model as follows:

1) It has the 997.1 body & Mezger motor (Porsche racing motor and bullet proof)

2) It has the 2009-2013 electronics (PCM)

It does not have the PDK transmission and is one of the last Turbos to be offered with the 6MT (which I have)...so IMHO I got the best of both worlds...I got the upgraded electronics but I got the Mezger engine...in 2010 The Turbo started using the DFI motor and they are still not sure what the tuning potential is or the strength of that motor...for instance with my car...the dealer offers what they call a conservative tune (cost $2,000) and my car will then have 530hp / 520Tq...that is more than the 2015 991 TT (not the Turbo S)...and they say my car can handle it all day long...
Old 01-05-15, 04:36 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Oh and BTW it had been in the shop having the following mods done...and then the dealer showed it off this weekend at their Cars & Coffee (a couple of my old ISF buddies came out to check it out...nice reunion):

1) SACHS 2.5 racing clutch
2) Powder coated Turbo wheels (stock wheels are forged and light)
3) Added spacers (Porsche option if you want when you buy the car)
4) Cermaic coated exhaust tips and Turbo badge satin black

I think it all came out perfect! Here are a few shots from this weekend at the show!

Traded MYISF for 997 4S-cl_2.jpg

Traded MYISF for 997 4S-cl_1.jpg
Old 01-05-15, 05:43 AM
UniqSC
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MYISF
Oh and BTW it had been in the shop having the following mods done...and then the dealer showed it off this weekend at their Cars & Coffee (a couple of my old ISF buddies came out to check it out...nice reunion):

1) SACHS 2.5 racing clutch
2) Powder coated Turbo wheels (stock wheels are forged and light)
3) Added spacers (Porsche option if you want when you buy the car)
4) Cermaic coated exhaust tips and Turbo badge satin black

I think it all came out perfect! Here are a few shots from this weekend at the show!
Awesome machine!
Old 01-05-15, 06:38 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow man, car looks great with the subtle mods. With a drop it would look even better!
Old 01-05-15, 08:49 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice ride man.
Old 01-05-15, 09:51 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does not have the PDK transmission and is one of the last Turbos to be offered with the 6MT (which I have)...so IMHO I got the best of both worlds...I got the upgraded electronics but I got the Mezger engine...in 2010 The Turbo started using the DFI motor and they are still not sure what the tuning potential is or the strength of that motor...for instance with my car...the dealer offers what they call a conservative tune (cost $2,000) and my car will then have 530hp / 520Tq...that is more than the 2015 991 TT (not the Turbo S)...and they say my car can handle it all day long...
I did not know that... what a machine

That is the direction i'm going next, I love the GTR tuning potential but there is something about a 997 TT
Old 01-05-15, 10:21 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UniqSC
Awesome machine!
Thank you...

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Wow man, car looks great with the subtle mods. With a drop it would look even better!
Thanks man and I hear you about lowering it but with the AWD things get a little sticky when you start lowering these...can be done but not sure it is the best thing for the performance of the AWD...this thing goes around corners (off ramps, etc...) like it is on rails and I do not want to do anything to change that!!!

Originally Posted by darbs242
Nice ride man.
Thanks...it sure is fun

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I did not know that... what a machine. That is the direction i'm going next, I love the GTR tuning potential but there is something about a 997 TT
The GTR is capabale of tuning as well. I hang with a few and like you said there is just somehting about a 9977 TT...it just looks meaner and faster to me even sitting still...but hey to each his own as the GTR is a fast car...
Old 01-05-15, 10:25 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Nice choice. 2009 911 turbo is a special one then. I have my eye on 2011/2012 997 gts.
I am intrigued by you info about the mezger engine and updated electronics
Now I am split again..........
Old 01-05-15, 12:04 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rossi
Nice choice. 2009 911 turbo is a special one then. I have my eye on 2011/2012 997 gts.
I am intrigued by you info about the mezger engine and updated electronics
Now I am split again..........
Well it goes a little further than that with the 2009 TT being rare as follows:

1) Porsche cut back on Turbo car production due to the 2008 economy in anticipation of poor sales.

2) They also did not sell many because the 2009 997.2 DFI motor was out but not in the Turbo...so people held off on buying Turbos in 2009 in anitcpation of the 2010 DFI model....thinking it would be better???

3) I think I have read that less than 1,200 of 2009 models were sold in the USA and around 65-70% of those were tiptronics...meaning that less than 400 wer 6MT. And I have one of them...LOL

Good Luck with your search as they are out there but there is nothing wrong with a GTS...they are very nice and usually come stock with more HP than the S models. A good place to look and learn is the Rennlist forums.
Old 01-05-15, 04:46 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Well it goes a little further than that with the 2009 TT being rare as follows:

1) Porsche cut back on Turbo car production due to the 2008 economy in anticipation of poor sales.

2) They also did not sell many because the 2009 997.2 DFI motor was out but not in the Turbo...so people held off on buying Turbos in 2009 in anitcpation of the 2010 DFI model....thinking it would be better???

3) I think I have read that less than 1,200 of 2009 models were sold in the USA and around 65-70% of those were tiptronics...meaning that less than 400 wer 6MT. And I have one of them...LOL

Good Luck with your search as they are out there but there is nothing wrong with a GTS...they are very nice and usually come stock with more HP than the S models. A good place to look and learn is the Rennlist forums.
Not again ...... LOL
About six months ago I finally got my 2009 Cayenne GTS with manual tranny. Only 432 ever made with manual transmission worldwide during their three year production between 2008-10. I went with the upgraded PCM as well. After searching for over a year, I scored Carmina red Gts with black alcantara and only 31k miles on it , California car which ended up for short time in Washington state.
Had it delivered, puts a smile on my face as much as the ISF if not more with the stick.

And yes, I have been on the Rennlist forum for some time. Same user name :-)
Old 01-12-15, 06:11 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Not again ...... LOL
About six months ago I finally got my 2009 Cayenne GTS with manual tranny. Only 432 ever made with manual transmission worldwide during their three year production between 2008-10. I went with the upgraded PCM as well. After searching for over a year, I scored Carmina red Gts with black alcantara and only 31k miles on it , California car which ended up for short time in Washington state.
Had it delivered, puts a smile on my face as much as the ISF if not more with the stick.

And yes, I have been on the Rennlist forum for some time. Same user name :-)
Wow! A Cayenne GTS with manual...SWEET! That is my favorite Cayenne model.

Oh so you already have a 911 GTS...my bad I misunderstood...very nice.

I am on Rennist as MY997...do you hang on the 997 forum?
Old 01-12-15, 06:27 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Not again ...... LOL About six months ago I finally got my 2009 Cayenne GTS with manual tranny. Only 432 ever made with manual transmission worldwide during their three year production between 2008-10. I went with the upgraded PCM as well. After searching for over a year, I scored Carmina red Gts with black alcantara and only 31k miles on it , California car which ended up for short time in Washington state. Had it delivered, puts a smile on my face as much as the ISF if not more with the stick. And yes, I have been on the Rennlist forum for some time. Same user name :-)
Oh man, I went the opposite, had an 08 Cayenne GTS manual and after I got rid of it, nothing quenched my needs like the ISF now has. You're going to love that Cayenne, I still regret trading it in but my company had me driving about 50k miles a year and I didn't have the heart or wallet to put those miles on that Porsche. First and only mod I did on that sucker was unplugging the vacuum line to the switchable exhaust. Had to have that sound all day every day.
Old 01-21-15, 10:17 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

One thing about the 997.1 Turbos are they are real quiet...I miss MYISF Sikky/Joe Z combo

But I am looking to fix that...check out this exhaust (or lack thereof) made by Fabspeed. This helps with back pressure and sounds amazing...lsiten to this video and enjoy the turbo whistle...

Traded MYISF for 997 4S-exhaust_fabspped_muffler_delete_3.jpg

Old 01-21-15, 11:50 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Car is looking awesome!

Once you do the exhaust the car will come to life that is for sure! I know when I got my GTR I was shocked at how quiet it was but that is all turbo'd cars in general but once I free'd up the exhaust the car is a beast.

Have fun with the car I think my next car might be a new turbo s love the new lights
Old 01-21-15, 04:22 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Some iteration of the 911 is absolutely the car I want next. It has been my dream car for over 20 years. Of course I'd love a Turbo S, but I think I'd be satisfied with a 4S for sure. I've "shopped" online for one off and on for years, but I just can't justify it to myself or my wife yet. You have such a beautiful car man, congrats!

Quick Reply: Traded MYISF for 997 4S