IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

To those who have SIKKY headers and Joe Z PTS Exhaust installed..

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-14, 06:41 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To those who have SIKKY headers and Joe Z PTS Exhaust installed..

How's it going everyone? I picked up a pair of SIKKY headers as well as the JOE Z PTS Exhaust and it has been sitting in my garage for about two weeks now due to being extremely busy... I have owned my 08 ISF for about 3 months now and wasn't really expecting to purchase headers, or exhaust for AT LEAST a year of owning but ended up coming across a local deal I could not pass up on so i hopped on it..

now...my question is to those who have the current setup already installed.

1. On a scale from 1-10. How much louder is it than a stock setup when you drive normal?
( I ask this because this is currently my only vehicle and is used daily to commute 30 miles to work each day. I am looking for a commuter though)
2. How does it sound inside the vehicle on the freeway? Annoying on long trips? (drone, etc.)
3. Are you tired of the sound of these 2 bad boys together or is this combination just too sexy to get over? I've watched plenty of youtube videos with this setup but you just can not compare a recording to hearing it live and I have never heard an ISF with headers OR exhaust in person.
4. Did it void your guys' warranty?
5. Have you had any issues with the car at all after install? (minus the whole check engine due to o2 sensor, or loosening of bolts, etc.)

After getting a couple of quotes on install, I found someone to do the install for 650 for both headers and exhaust and I'm scheduled to take it in next wednesday as of right now.

Guys with the same setup please chime in on your thoughts: What do you guys think?

Im excited and anxious at the same time!

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails To those who have SIKKY headers and Joe Z PTS Exhaust installed..-img_4422.jpg  
Old 07-30-14, 08:01 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My friend and I had our headers installed at Lexus of Tampa recently. We are both running Joe Z exhaust, he has Sikky and I have PPE and we are running no cats. I have ridden in his car and like mine it is very loud but we both think our cars sound great. Car sounds like an old school muscle car without cats and mine has a bit of a gas smell going on which I actually don't mind at all. His Sikky combo doesn't seem to have as much gas smell as mine. Lexus did not void my CPO warranty, nor his if he has one, I think his car is CPO like mine. I was in his car and u can cruise around on the highway at 80 and it's not bad at all. U will def get lots of attention from people in a good way, I always get asked why my car sounds so mean. Compared to stock it's absolutely night and day difference in sound but no audio clips can do it justice.
Old 07-30-14, 08:45 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Thanks for your input..curious to know, do your cars sound different because of the different headers but same exhaust setup? I have heard great things about the Lexus of tampa, I would say you guys are lucky as the Lexus dealership here is more strict on upgrades. Also how about rattles? have you noticed any unusual rattles inside/outside your car after install?

Originally Posted by Mrd916
My friend and I had our headers installed at Lexus of Tampa recently. We are both running Joe Z exhaust, he has Sikky and I have PPE and we are running no cats. I have ridden in his car and like mine it is very loud but we both think our cars sound great. Car sounds like an old school muscle car without cats and mine has a bit of a gas smell going on which I actually don't mind at all. His Sikky combo doesn't seem to have as much gas smell as mine. Lexus did not void my CPO warranty, nor his if he has one, I think his car is CPO like mine. I was in his car and u can cruise around on the highway at 80 and it's not bad at all. U will def get lots of attention from people in a good way, I always get asked why my car sounds so mean. Compared to stock it's absolutely night and day difference in sound but no audio clips can do it justice.
Old 07-30-14, 09:02 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea we are lucky. Our service manager John is the best and gives us VIP service on everything. No rattles or any codes on either of our cars, only one mechanic there is allowed to touch the IS-F and he really takes his time with header installs. I do know that the Sikky header install on my friend's car involved some sort of bolt cutting to keep it from rubbing against the header but it wasn't a big deal.
Old 07-31-14, 10:55 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

U r going to love that set up , dont forget to get Joez intake too . Its a great combo even the creator Joez himself would agree with me lolz . Let it break in and enjoy the beast
Old 07-31-14, 11:21 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

It's going to definitely be louder, kind of annoying at first, but then you'll get to a point where you're gonna absolutely love it and possibly want it even louder! lol Or, you might just hate it! I commute M-F 50 miles round trip, and the first couple of weeks, I almost found it a little annoying, two years later, I'm wishing it was louder. You're going to love the power difference.

Are you in NorCal or SoCal?
Old 07-31-14, 12:02 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

haha I cant wait man.. oh and i forgot to mention I already have the Joe Z intake with the aFe drop in filter lol are you running the same setup?

Originally Posted by blitz_714
U r going to love that set up , dont forget to get Joez intake too . Its a great combo even the creator Joez himself would agree with me lolz . Let it break in and enjoy the beast
Old 07-31-14, 12:07 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

I have a feeling that I'm going to feel the same way you did about this lol. So you've had the setup on for over 2 years? I'm hoping to find someone that can smog it without removing headers.

I am located in Turlock, Ca. about 1.5 hours East from the Bay area. How bout you?

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
It's going to definitely be louder, kind of annoying at first, but then you'll get to a point where you're gonna absolutely love it and possibly want it even louder! lol Or, you might just hate it! I commute M-F 50 miles round trip, and the first couple of weeks, I almost found it a little annoying, two years later, I'm wishing it was louder. You're going to love the power difference.

Are you in NorCal or SoCal?
Old 07-31-14, 12:10 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah i'm the 1st one in Socal to run that set up let me find some videos and post it here for you lolz
Old 07-31-14, 12:12 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...installed.html
Old 07-31-14, 12:32 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Man that sounds awesome!! I have a question though..what gaskets do i need for the headers and where can i get them? do I have to contact sikky? and what about the o-ring part ? I'm just really confused as to how many gaskets i need to buy for these headers and the PTS exhaust. Any kind of info would be a great help bro lol

Old 07-31-14, 01:06 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

double up the gasket , its come with Sikky and double it up with oem gasket too to prevent it leaking make sure installer marks a line for steering shalt before losing it up. Also make sure to install the o2 simulator correctly like the diagram. I believe Sikky already solved the problem with the dipstick. All come with newer dip stick . Hope that help

Last edited by ISF4life; 07-31-14 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-01-14, 07:03 AM
JoeSupra
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you pass inspection with this combo? Im guessing you woulf have to keep your cats? I live in jersey and thats one thing id worry about.
Old 08-02-14, 05:46 AM
ISFalex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I got to this thread a little late, but I had to share my love for this setup!!
To answer your questions,

1- The vehicle is probably a 6. It is loud but composed. It's awesome!
2- It sounds great inside the car. There is no drone and you hear it only on acceleration and downshifts (My favorite part ) You can still hear the radio easily.
3- The sound still makes me smile every time I start it up!! You will never get tired of it.
4- My warranty was not voided, and even the guys at Lexus love the sound.
5- I had it go into limp mode only once. Started the car back up and it was fine. I pass inspection and even pass emissions! No loose bolts or check engine lights at all.

To wrap it all up, it is completely worth it 100% I hope you enjoy the setup as much as I do!
Old 08-02-14, 12:40 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

4 years with the set up now and there are nights when im tired the drone gets to me a little but i would not take it off. sounds incredible and the gains are noticeable. can use bluetooth or talk to someone in the car just fine. little loud for back seaters. It sounds fantasitc but if loud gets to you id just put the headers on.

Quick Reply: To those who have SIKKY headers and Joe Z PTS Exhaust installed..