IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Another TE37 ISF!!!! Plus Michelin P SS!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-14, 05:46 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another TE37 ISF!!!! Plus Michelin P SS!!

Got my wheels back from the powdercoat shop over the weekend and then I got them on today. Figured I should share with you guys. I woke up all early today because I was so excited, no more mismatched wheels!!!

These are TE37 19x9.5 +34 19x10.5 +35 refinished brushed aluminum plus double dark tint clear coat. The finish came out amazing, it's a bit harder for the iphone camera to capture the stunning finish. I believe this is the first time this finish was done for the TE37. I love them!!!
Tires, Michelin Super Sport 245/40/19 and 275/35/19
First 5 pics were too dark so I had to enhanced them.

Last 3 pics were not edited.

Last edited by MK4Sup_isF; 07-29-14 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-29-14, 06:16 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Those are fantastic man! I'm a huge fan of Volks, and that finish is unlike any I've ever seen. Great work. Where'd you get the decal, or did you powdercoat over it?
Old 07-29-14, 06:19 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks great. Really wish I could afford those. One of my top choices of wheels for the f.
Old 07-29-14, 06:21 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Love the finish and great specs for the ISF!
The 2piece rotors look good as well
Old 07-29-14, 06:30 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Wheels are very nice But, the tires, not so much. They are the wrong aspect ratio front and rear. They are 1" to big in outer diameter. IMHO, the added rubber of the sidewall is not attractive.

Lou
Old 07-29-14, 07:28 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vbb
Those are fantastic man! I'm a huge fan of Volks, and that finish is unlike any I've ever seen. Great work. Where'd you get the decal, or did you powdercoat over it?
I got the decals online. I'll get you the link later.
Originally Posted by Lmood
Looks great. Really wish I could afford those. One of my top choices of wheels for the f.
Thanks brother. They are definitely worth the price
Originally Posted by mikellucci
Love the finish and great specs for the ISF!
The 2piece rotors look good as well
Thanks bro, this is my super light weight setup, 10 lbs lighter at each front comers and 14+ lbs lighter each rear corners. Totally different in throttle respond.
Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Wheels are very nice But, the tires, not so much. They are the wrong aspect ratio front and rear. They are 1" to big in outer diameter. IMHO, the added rubber of the sidewall is not attractive.

Lou
Lou, that was done intentionally due to the amount of crazy bad roads here in SoCal. I don't know where did you get 1" taller. Stock is 26.2" front and 26" rear, this is 26.7" and 26.6". That's a total of .25"/.30" taller in sidewalls. Since I can't be rolling around slammed, the extra .25" of sidewalls actually filled in the fender gaps nicely. My work's parking structure will destroy all lowered cars with an aggressive lip
Old 07-29-14, 08:29 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome! I personally think it sits very nicely and probably rides really smooth. Beautiful car man!
Old 07-29-14, 08:41 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good, love the finish! The tires/wheels set up do look aggressive in the good way.

Are u going to install the centercaps?
Old 07-29-14, 08:44 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Sick finish, my friend! I know you were really adamant on having this particular finish on a new set of wheels, and these came out great. Can't wait to see them in person along with the rest of the new goodies you got for the F. No need to worry about the little mishaps before. Enjoy the new transformation for your F!

With a 245/40 and 275/35 tire combo, it does come to 0.5-0.6" increase of tire diameter all around, which isn't really a big deal in the greater scheme of things, aside from slight differential in revs./mi and thus have you cruising at 61.3 MPH when it should be reading 60. It will stick out an extra 1.2" in the rear, but a slight camber will do the job, and I know you're not lowering it to the extreme. I completely agree in keeping the sidewall the same as a stock OEM tire really helps over these roads. And knowing the potholes and jagged roads where you work, I know you were thinking of protecting these wheels over keeping them in spec with the OEM wheel and tire combo.

Photoshoot time when we get some free time in our schedules!
Old 07-29-14, 10:10 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Looks awesome! I personally think it sits very nicely and probably rides really smooth. Beautiful car man!
Thanks bro, Smooth as silk, as smooth as my 20/16kg Zeal coilovers can be anyways.
Originally Posted by roswell
Looking good, love the finish! The tires/wheels set up do look aggressive in the good way.

Are u going to install the centercaps?
I left my caps at my buddy's house. I kinda like the look without caps at the moment. The front looks fine, I just need to touch up the rust of the rear hub's nuts with some black paint. I'll see how that works out. I'll put back the caps if it didn't turn out how I wanted.
Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Sick finish, my friend! I know you were really adamant on having this particular finish on a new set of wheels, and these came out great. Can't wait to see them in person along with the rest of the new goodies you got for the F. No need to worry about the little mishaps before. Enjoy the new transformation for your F!

With a 245/40 and 275/35 tire combo, it does come to 0.5-0.6" increase of tire diameter all around, which isn't really a big deal in the greater scheme of things, aside from slight differential in revs./mi and thus have you cruising at 61.3 MPH when it should be reading 60. It will stick out an extra 1.2" in the rear, but a slight camber will do the job, and I know you're not lowering it to the extreme. I completely agree in keeping the sidewall the same as a stock OEM tire really helps over these roads. And knowing the potholes and jagged roads where you work, I know you were thinking of protecting these wheels over keeping them in spec with the OEM wheel and tire combo.

Photoshoot time when we get some free time in our schedules!
Yeah I would rather go slightly larger than stock vs slightly under size like many of us do. 245/35 275/30 create even more fender gap that required the car to ride even lower to just fill in the gap. Beside, I want to protect my investment, especially this AMAZING finish lol

Need to get my Cwest front lips on before we can do a proper shoot, my car looks naked at the front without any lip. My car better looks almost as good as yours or else I won't show up!
Old 07-29-14, 10:43 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF

Yeah I would rather go slightly larger than stock vs slightly under size like many of us do. 245/35 275/30 create even more fender gap that required the car to ride even lower to just fill in the gap. Beside, I want to protect my investment, especially this AMAZING finish lol

Need to get my Cwest front lips on before we can do a proper shoot, my car looks naked at the front without any lip. My car better looks almost as good as yours or else I won't show up!
No competition, brother! You win! I'm too plain haha. So many unique parts to your ride. Good company is all I'm looking forward to when we plan our next get together. But glad to see it all coming together. I know you mentioned a few more parts coming in, and it'll be pretty damn sick after painting and getting everything on the car.
Old 07-29-14, 11:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I dig. I think the thicker sidewall looks pretty good. I like the way it eats up some of the fender gap. A 245/35/19 enhances fender gap. People who say its not noticeable need glasses.

Ever consider a 255/35/19 for the front ??
Old 07-29-14, 11:30 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I dig. I think the thicker sidewall looks pretty good. I like the way it eats up some of the fender gap. A 245/35/19 enhances fender gap. People who say its not noticeable need glasses.

Ever consider a 255/35/19 for the front ??
Thought about it, it was cheaper than 245/40 tire too. I needed to stay close to diameter of the 275/35 rear so I wouldn't running into potential ABS issue. ABS doesn't like it that the front and rear sizes difference is too vast comparing to stock front and rear difference. I don't know how much of a different would affect our particular car but I would rather not be the one that experience it. Lol buying new tires to replace my mistake hurts my wallet
Old 07-30-14, 11:29 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 77 Posts

wheels look pretty crazy! But what 3 piece trunk spoiler is that?
Old 07-30-14, 11:35 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lol IMO you should never go larger than stock sized tires, stock is already huge as it is and protects the wheels really well.

Nice wheels though..

Quick Reply: Another TE37 ISF!!!! Plus Michelin P SS!!