IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

touchless car washes

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-14, 01:27 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Hey RedlineAZ where is that car wash. I live in AZ too and would like to try something other than dannys. Thanks buddy.

I have had good luck with Dannys. I use them as a starting point, then go home and give the car a layer of Zaino Z6 gloss enhancer to get rid of any water spots or smudges. Comes out pretty well.
Hey I8ABMR, the one I go to is all the way in Surprise, but its a Valero gas station with a carwash tunnel attached to it. I think all (or most) Valero gas stations should have them. This particular one is at an Albertsons, I know that Valero bought out Albertsons gas stations so I think you if you find an Albertsons with one, you will find the same car wash In all honesty though, I haven't gotten water spots from this wash because they use a spot free rinse, so by the time I get home most of the water has dried already and if there are a couple drops here and there left I will just wipe em off.

My car is black, I am really impressed with the lack of water spots lol

Last edited by RedlineAZ; 07-29-14 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-29-14, 01:53 PM
swoo350
Rookie

From what I've heard in order for it to be a 'touchless' car wash and to clean your car thoroughly the soaps have many chemicals which will strip away your sealant/wax over time if used often. I would think once in a while would not hurt if your not a detailing freak. However I would personally stay away and stick with the 2 bucket system. I find that using the 2 bucket system with some good soap (I use p21s body shampoo) makes it twice as shiny as it would from those touchless car washes.
Old 07-29-14, 02:18 PM
jt321
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey RedlineAZ, do you live out in Surprise? Im also from Surprise, im right off Litchfield and Waddell!
Old 07-29-14, 03:57 PM
revolut1on
Rookie

Originally Posted by ap2s2k
You should try it sometime lol, your not 'installing' swirls or scratches
I do the same. Blow drying the wheels really does save a lot of time and effort
Old 07-29-14, 04:27 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jt321
Hey RedlineAZ, do you live out in Surprise? Im also from Surprise, im right off Litchfield and Waddell!
Hey man, yeah I do! I live in Marley Park off of Bullard and Waddell What do you drive? Maybe I've seen you around?
Old 07-29-14, 06:56 PM
ap2s2k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, I use Toro leaf blower, blows air up to 235MPH. If you want to try it, just remember, it has to be ELECTRIC, not gas!!! Like I said, if your car has a wax on it, this method works awesome, I've been doing this for years. You start at the roof and work your way down, when I wash my F in my garage in winter, when it's -20C outside, nothing works better to get the water out of all the cavities.

Originally Posted by MYISF
So you just use a power blow dryer like for your yard I am assuming (electric or gas) and just walk around the car blowing all the water off (even the wheels)...hmmm...any down side to that? I may have to try it...
Old 07-29-14, 11:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Hey I8ABMR, the one I go to is all the way in Surprise, but its a Valero gas station with a carwash tunnel attached to it. I think all (or most) Valero gas stations should have them. This particular one is at an Albertsons, I know that Valero bought out Albertsons gas stations so I think you if you find an Albertsons with one, you will find the same car wash In all honesty though, I haven't gotten water spots from this wash because they use a spot free rinse, so by the time I get home most of the water has dried already and if there are a couple drops here and there left I will just wipe em off.

My car is black, I am really impressed with the lack of water spots lol
I work in the area. I will check it out. Thanks buddy
Old 07-30-14, 08:20 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

I work in the area. I will check it out. Thanks buddy
No problem man! It's right off the 303 and bell road on the northwest corner
Old 07-30-14, 12:19 PM
jt321
Rookie

Hey man, yeah I do! I live in Marley Park off of Bullard and Waddell What do you drive? Maybe I've seen you around?
Oh nice! We're like neighbors haha. I drive a 12 nebula gray pearl isf with blacked out exhaust tips and rear lexus badge. Everything else is stock. What about you?
Old 07-30-14, 12:38 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ap2s2k
Yes, I use Toro leaf blower, blows air up to 235MPH. If you want to try it, just remember, it has to be ELECTRIC, not gas!!! Like I said, if your car has a wax on it, this method works awesome, I've been doing this for years. You start at the roof and work your way down, when I wash my F in my garage in winter, when it's -20C outside, nothing works better to get the water out of all the cavities.
Why not gas? Accidental blowage of fumage?
Old 07-30-14, 12:43 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Oh nice! We're like neighbors haha. I drive a 12 nebula gray pearl isf with blacked out exhaust tips and rear lexus badge. Everything else is stock. What about you?
Nice man, small world!! Yeah mine is black with a stock exterior besides limo tint all around, but I have a Joe Z exhaust installed, and getting my headers and wheels on next week! I will keep an eye out for you. I'm not sure if there are any lexus meets in our area but I was interested in maybe going to one if you know of any.
Old 07-30-14, 03:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Sounds like the 3 of us all live on the west side. We should try to hit a show together sometime at Pavillions or even the Cars and Coffee show in Scottsdale
Old 07-30-14, 04:54 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Sounds like the 3 of us all live on the west side. We should try to hit a show together sometime at Pavillions or even the Cars and Coffee show in Scottsdale
I'm up for it!!! My wheels won't be here in time for this coming saturday's cars and coffee but headers and wheels will be on before the next one
Old 07-30-14, 08:50 PM
jt321
Rookie

Im totally in! Im gone for the next 3 weekends, but when im back lets plan something!
Old 07-30-14, 10:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I'm up for it!!! My wheels won't be here in time for this coming saturday's cars and coffee but headers and wheels will be on before the next one
Im totally in! Im gone for the next 3 weekends, but when im back lets plan something!
would love to meet up. Redline I am dying to hear what an ISF sounds like with the exhaust in person. Love to take a ride with you as well to check out the cabin noise. Lets represent at Cars & Coffee. PM me. Looking forward to it guys