IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Most nitrous stock motor can take?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-14, 12:16 PM
v8sten
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say MotorSport 109 or VP Import. Call VP racing fuels for better information. 210-635-7744

As far as removing the primary cats you will have to run o2 simulators on the secondary o2 sensors or you will throw a CEL code, I believe. I believe that PPE and Sikky make them.
Old 07-28-14, 12:35 PM
abohler
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v8sten
I would say MotorSport 109 or VP Import. Call VP racing fuels for better information. 210-635-7744

As far as removing the primary cats you will have to run o2 simulators on the secondary o2 sensors or you will throw a CEL code, I believe. I believe that PPE and Sikky make them.
I already have the 02 sim from sikky, just waiting to use it when I gut the primary. Thanks for the heads up on the VP number.
Old 07-28-14, 10:04 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MYISF
Per the reply below (bold) what do you mean by issues on the exhaust side???
Lack of flow with the sikky headers caused the "record" car the detonate in cylinder #1. Its not my car so I wont go into detail as to the extent of damage that the detonation caused, but ill say that its not something you'll want to go through. I personally killed a few number 1 plugs on a 150 shot in cylinder #1 due to the sikky headers before my engine builder saw the set for the first time.

Originally Posted by abohler
So All in all you think I could go up to 175 with a standalone cell, and gutted/deleted cats? I am planning on running a degree or 2 colder plugs as well to keep it safe. Would you suggest considering getting better rods to go up a bit, or at that point should I just reconsider revamping the whole motor?

Also, I have seen a lot of your project with the 2ur motor, what are you doing for an ecu in the high hp motor?
I would say that the car should be perfectly fine at 175 with the setup you have in mind. From what we have seen when my motor was apart, the stock engine is amazingly well designed and fortified. With a proper header, I believe that the stock motor could easily make 800-900hp with a turbo.

With my big power motor, ive been torn between the AEM infinity and Motec. Life has been coming at me fast ( GF moving in, mom asking for kids , etc lol ) so ive been kinda side tracked from the project

Originally Posted by v8sten
I understand the tuning issue. I was just merely stating that you can mix the fuels. It was stated above that it would not be a good idea, ive been doing it for years. thats it. the timing and compression issue i completly understand, i was just stating the cats and o2 sensors would be hating life when you run C16 LEADED fuel thru them. there are perfectly good UNLEADED race fuels that would work and the o2 sensors and cats would be happy.
All the info from your posts are good.
Old 07-29-14, 08:30 AM
abohler
Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Lack of flow with the sikky headers caused the "record" car the detonate in cylinder #1. Its not my car so I wont go into detail as to the extent of damage that the detonation caused, but ill say that its not something you'll want to go through. I personally killed a few number 1 plugs on a 150 shot in cylinder #1 due to the sikky headers before my engine builder saw the set for the first time.

I would say that the car should be perfectly fine at 175 with the setup you have in mind. From what we have seen when my motor was apart, the stock engine is amazingly well designed and fortified. With a proper header, I believe that the stock motor could easily make 800-900hp with a turbo.

With my big power motor, ive been torn between the AEM infinity and Motec. Life has been coming at me fast ( GF moving in, mom asking for kids , etc lol ) so ive been kinda side tracked from the project

Thanks so much for helping me out here. All this info has been great. Really appreciate it.
Old 07-30-14, 05:15 PM
abohler
Driver

Originally Posted by rselby
whats your time and trap speeds now with 100 shot or rwhp,, have similar set up as you and N02 has crossed my mind
I haven't tracked the car yet. Will put up times when I get a chance.
Old 07-31-14, 08:51 AM
specie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe that the stock motor could easily make 800-900hp with a turbo.
That's a pretty bold statement. Even motors engineered for turbochargers (ie supras and gtrs) are on the edge of reliability at that power level.

The nitrous motor that detonated in cyclinder 1, is that due to headers design or maybe due to cyclinder 1 getting more nitrous? Is it a direct port setup or just from 1 nozzle?
Old 08-08-14, 08:51 AM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

By making the whole system programable or tuneable you mean like a maximizer or some sord of system ?
Old 08-08-14, 08:57 AM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

My plan or strategy on my car is not go over the 100 shot! Ive seen this cars when the owner or programer try to push more than 125 shot the ecu feels the NOS presence and starts to rich the mixture and the car struggles big time , lots of NOS on this engine will cause a detonation very dangerous where our hollow cams will let go , then you have a blown engine

Last edited by KOKISF; 08-08-14 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-21-16, 03:57 PM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

whos car was it that had the motor blow with the sikky headers?