Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Wheel color...LOL

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-14, 10:28 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrd916
MYISF is in my Lexus meet up club and his car looks perfect, it def doesn't need any drop in the front. If ur going with the matte graphite choice I would get his exact same specs and u will be very happy.

Thanks man!

I ended up changing my order from silver to Matte Graphite. I got the same specs as MYISF but I went with a +32 in the front, I think its going to look awesome! Thanks for all the help guys! I was seriously on the fence about it. I think it will look more aggressive with the darker wheels, and with my PPE headers (going to be installed on the 6th) and my Joe Z exhaust, it will sound as aggressive as it looks
Old 07-26-14, 10:29 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Next order of business.....Brake Caliper color...any input???? LOL
Old 07-26-14, 10:48 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

another vote on the graphite!
Old 07-26-14, 10:50 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

There are many, since the matte graphite is a dark wheel color. I'm personally not a fan of blue on the IS F just because I know some people will automatically mistake it for the F-sport brake caliper. Red is another option, but to stand out, and I know few have gone this route, maybe orange or bronze/gold.
Old 07-26-14, 11:44 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mrd916
MYISF is in my Lexus meet up club and his car looks perfect, it def doesn't need any drop in the front. If ur going with the matte graphite choice I would get his exact same specs and u will be very happy.
Thanks Matt...that means alot coming from someone with a "sweet" ISF like yours...how are the PPE headers working for you?
Old 07-26-14, 12:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MYISF
Thanks Matt...that means alot coming from someone with a "sweet" ISF like yours...how are the PPE headers working for you?
to be honest buddy when I look at pics of your F with the 20s it makes me want to go with the 20s rather than 19s. Car looks great with no drop. The ISF is already lowered more than a standard IS so its not too bad
Old 07-26-14, 01:37 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

Get the graphite. The silver doesnt blend with your body color.
Old 07-26-14, 05:09 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
to be honest buddy when I look at pics of your F with the 20s it makes me want to go with the 20s rather than 19s. Car looks great with no drop. The ISF is already lowered more than a standard IS so its not too bad
I say "GO FOR IT"...
Old 07-26-14, 06:42 PM
roswell
Pole Position

I have yet to see an ISF with 20's in person, but it sounds like it's the way to go to get rid of the wheel gap w/o lowering. My 19's looked weird at stock height. Lol

OP, good choice for changing ur order.. Post pics once u get them.

Last edited by roswell; 07-26-14 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-26-14, 06:48 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

To be honest, I would MUCH rather keep it stock height, with camber wear and stuff like that I used to eat through tires so quickly. On my wifes G37 I am lowering it because even with 20's the body gap is going to be horrible, but from the looks of it and in pics I don't think its necessary on the IS-F. I was originally going to lower it but the more I think about it, I would rather just leave it. I will post pics once my wheels arrive

As for the caliper color....I was thinking maybe bright yellow! I see a lot of red ones, but not many yellow BBK's.
Old 07-26-14, 09:09 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@MYISF, the headers are perfect Bret, with installation it was the best $2k mod to get for the car. John hooked me up again, I ordered a new rear tail light and I didn't feel like installing it cause I'm very lazy and he only charged me $20 to have it installed at Lexus while I waited.
Old 07-26-14, 09:22 PM
LexyISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
As for the caliper color....I was thinking maybe bright yellow! I see a lot of red ones, but not many yellow BBK's.
Your future car perhaps?

I like the blue calipers on ISF's. I think they look great without being over the top.
Old 07-26-14, 10:11 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexyISF
Your future car perhaps?

I like the blue calipers on ISF's. I think they look great without being over the top.
DUDE!!!!! You're the man!!!! Awesome pic, thanks so much for that! I was trying to envision it, I really appreciate you taking the time to post that for me. I am so much more excited to see this now!
I did consider blue for a while, I had a blacked out vette with blue calipers and it always received a ton of compliments. Because everything is so dark on the IS-F, I figure a nice POP of color would look good I considered orange and green and a few other bright colors, but that is a little over the top.
Old 07-27-14, 11:56 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Its going to look great man !
Old 07-27-14, 12:05 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Its going to look great man !
Thanks so much for the smooth purchase!

Guys, I bought two sets of wheels from Need 4 Speed (one set for my IS-F and one set for my wife's G37s Sedan), and Dan at Need 4 Speed has been phenomenal. Seriously excellent customer service, I probably exchanged 40 PM'S with him before I pulled the trigger and he helped me make an informed decision for a smooth purchase. I am looking forward to getting the wheels! I will post pics once they arrive. So far I have nothing but positive things to say about N4S, OUTSTANDING customer service, and unbeatable prices!

Quick Reply: Wheel color...LOL