IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Cell phone mount recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-14, 06:32 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts
Question Cell phone mount recommendations

Just curious, but what phone mounts if any are you guys using in your IS-F/2IS? I use a ProClip mount for my Prius which I love as it is mounted in the PERFECT spot. I've searched around the forums and hadn't seen anything about this topic so I'm hoping to see some good recommendations! I do NOT want a windshield mount or a mount on the left side of the steering wheel.

This is my current setup or lack of. Phone slides around on acceleration and is not easily viewed.
Name:  photo4_zps1db1e1e3.jpg
Views: 16087
Size:  72.6 KB

ProClip mounting option would mount the phone here which would only solve the moving around problem. I believe this location is also not easily viewed.

Love the ProClip mount that I have in my Prius! Wish we had a similar mount for the F.
One of the reasons I haven't upgraded to a newer model year Prius is due to the fact that the newer ones don't have this nice of a mount option.

Name:  photo2_zps3e4f066b.jpg
Views: 13514
Size:  78.0 KB

Last edited by caymandive; 07-21-14 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-21-14, 08:33 PM
v8sten
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cup holder.......
The following users liked this post:
10ticktommy (04-07-24)
Old 07-21-14, 08:37 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eforcity car air vent from amazon for $3
Old 07-21-14, 09:00 PM
mrkim
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find the ashtray to be a perfect holder... you auto rotate the screen when you have it on the side and plugged then TA DA... a secondary GPS and pandora radio station
Old 07-21-14, 10:25 PM
BluStreak1
Driver

I have an awesome mount... I'll take pics and post them when I get home.
Old 07-21-14, 11:02 PM
hgill02
Driver

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe

I use this one in both of my cars. Never had an issues with it. Very minimalistic. Easy adding and removing of my HTC One M8.
Attached Thumbnails Cell phone mount recommendations-airframe-black-white-renders-r0.png   Cell phone mount recommendations-airframe-safely-in-view-r0.jpg  
Old 07-22-14, 06:18 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hgill02
http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe

I use this one in both of my cars. Never had an issues with it. Very minimalistic. Easy adding and removing of my HTC One M8.
I saw this one while researching "top" car mounts and it looks like it has potential. Do you have issues with it staying in place? My concern is that with the quick acceleration of this car that the thing would just fly out of the vent. Also is there any adjustments to tilt it up/down? I couldn't tell from what I saw. Could you post a picture of your phone attached using this mount?

Originally Posted by BluStreak1
I have an awesome mount... I'll take pics and post them when I get home.
Looking forward to seeing.

Originally Posted by mrkim
I find the ashtray to be a perfect holder... you auto rotate the screen when you have it on the side and plugged then TA DA... a secondary GPS and pandora radio station
I've tried the ashtray and the problem I found is that it does not secure the phone so it shifts around while driving. Visibility is also not that good while driving.

Originally Posted by TLe2006
Eforcity car air vent from amazon for $3
Just looked into this and for the price I may give it a try! Being so cheap I do have my doubts though.

Originally Posted by v8sten
cup holder.......
This location would not be ideal for viewing or even using while plugged in.
Old 07-22-14, 06:53 AM
hgill02
Driver

I have had absouletly no issues with it ever coming off and that's with tons of hard acceleration in my Isf and g8. Taking sharp turns and have had to slam the brakes plenty. It has never moved. The back piece that goes into the air vent rotates so you can put it either vertical or horizontal.

On the road right now for work so don't have a spare camera to take photos of the phone on the mount but can do it when I get back home on Friday. If u just YouTube the mount there should be multiple reviews of it.
Old 07-22-14, 07:13 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

I have had absouletly no issues with it ever coming off and that's with tons of hard acceleration in my Isf and g8. Taking sharp turns and have had to slam the brakes plenty. It has never moved. The back piece that goes into the air vent rotates so you can put it either vertical or horizontal.

On the road right now for work so don't have a spare camera to take photos of the phone on the mount but can do it when I get back home on Friday. If u just YouTube the mount there should be multiple reviews of it.
With that kind of positive review I'm going to give it a try. I'll also post my feedback here in case anyone else is interested. Thanks!
Old 07-22-14, 08:19 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

quality is not great but for $3 i can't really complain.
Old 07-22-14, 09:13 AM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Cell Phone Mount

I had a Kuda Mount in my RX. Space may be a little tight for an IS.

http://www.kudausa.com/lexus-is-2503...lack-a993.html
Old 07-22-14, 09:33 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

curious about that vent mount, looks like could be good. wondering if it takes 2 hands to put it in that clip and take it out, waiting to hear your results cayman!

i currently use the proclip usa mount, and i love it because its such high quality. only downfall is the placement for the one for our cars isn't ideal as you stated. but i usually just pop it in and out of the holder when i need to look at it or tap something. with the proclip it slides in and out so perfectly and quickly.

Last edited by scamsel; 07-22-14 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-22-14, 11:18 AM
hgill02
Driver

I have been using it so long that I am able to get the phone in and out easily with one hand. I suggest watching a few YouTube reviews of it in action before buying it. I travel with mine too to use on rental cars. Its easy to put on and take off.

Kenu Airframe Smartphone Car Mount: http://youtu.be/hd0ANTvuw5I
Old 07-22-14, 12:38 PM
BluStreak1
Driver

Sorry guys, having some difficulties posting pics from my phone... I'll try to get them to my laptop later.
Old 07-22-14, 08:37 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been using it so long that I am able to get the phone in and out easily with one hand. I suggest watching a few YouTube reviews of it in action before buying it. I travel with mine too to use on rental cars. Its easy to put on and take off.

Kenu Airframe Smartphone Car Mount: http://youtu.be/hd0ANTvuw5I
good video, but seems like it would always sag the air vent downward, he mentions this in the video...does yours always end up pointing downward? wondered how it would end up being in the F's vent. i would be annoyed having to constantly be repositioning it.

Quick Reply: Cell phone mount recommendations