Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dabs
Who cares what other people think
well said...
Old 07-18-14, 04:27 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

WOW! As the OP I should not be surprised by all the reactions and I hope u guys are having fun with this...but let me say a few things as the OP might have been misleading as follows:

1) I am not intereted in getting compliments...if u knew me u would know that...I don't do things like mod my car for anyone else...I do it for me...PERIOD! The thread was to ask why it doesn't get the reaction of enthusaist as other cars do...and from all of your post it appears that this may be hit or miss with that and maybe I just have not gvien MYISF enough exposure to have experienced what others have.

2) I hear u on the fact that exoctics get the attention at C&C but I have been to other shows (Japanese, ILDS, etc...) and like one person wrote when around that group if your car cost over $50K and you don't have a trubo they don't think your car is cool...WTF...I don't get that but "to each his own"

3) Oh and someone asked about "MY"...yes that usually stands for model year but in my case it stands for "My ISF"...you know like it is my ISF...

4) I also liked the post about taking time for the Lexus performance heritage to grow...I think there is a lot of truth to that and I think the RCF being a two door will help grow this but we all know that this all started with our ISF's...it is just that the general car public doesn't relaize that???

Look I love cars, old ones, new ones, fast ones, slammed ones, etc...and I guess I just assumed that all car people were like that??? SO I have come to realize with the help of all of your post and some thinking about it that it comes down to "Expectations" for me...I guess I expect car people to be a certain way (kind of like me) and that is not always the case...hmmm

Last edited by MYISF; 07-18-14 at 05:24 AM.
Old 07-18-14, 04:52 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

If you want attention at C&C meets get a different platform. All the responses pretty much covered everything from people thinking it's a regular IS with a kit to some people having no idea what it even is. As long as you're happy with your car and build then that's all there should be to it. C&C meets are not always about if your car is faster than half the cars there unless there's a fun cruise after lol.
Old 07-18-14, 07:58 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go to a similar event, minus the exotics, once a month if I can make it, mainly because my local group encourages me to, and my friend's 2000 Silverado gets 10x the attention my car does. It seems like most people have no clue what an IS-F is and think Lexus' in general are only driven by older women and accountants. I'm sure the most common thought when people pass by my car is "Why is some lady trying to show off her car here tonight?" Maybe people will stick around my IS-F longer when/if I ever get it modded the way I hope to, but I doubt it!

As others have said, it doesn't even really matter what people think, but I think it's safe to say fellow IS-F owners and Lexus enthusiasts also for the most part appreciate and respect how you've built YOURISF, so at least there's that!
Old 07-18-14, 09:41 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Maybe its your wheel choice? I will buy them from you....you know, to help out the situation....LOL

I would have people snap their necks for my supercharged vette, but not much for my IS-F.

The most love I get for the car is at the drive through of Dutch Bro's coffee LOL. Usually they drool over it, but thats about it lol. I do like the sleeper look of the IS-F. It looks classy and beefy, and sounds awesome without being overly flashy.

Don't understand enthusiast reactions to the ISF-sdepxmz.jpg

Last edited by RedlineAZ; 07-18-14 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-18-14, 04:13 PM
RSWill
Rookie

A true automotive enthusiast out there at those meets would at the very least chat you up about the IS-F. I found more times than not the average person out there that are attending shows, meets and events are not real savvy on the enitre automotive movement. Most folks only know about or are only interested in the group they belong to i.e. muscle, euro, classics etc. I for one show interest and can relate to most anything on wheels lol.
Old 07-18-14, 05:34 PM
Maskaveli
Driver School Candidate

I've been to the C&C here in Tampa a few times (not with my F) and most people are there to see Ferrari, Lambo, and other exotics. That being said I've had about a half dozen random people start asking me about my car at stop lights especially one guy when I walked his modded 5.0 mustang lol. I stopped in the store the other day and came back out to a guy snapping pics on his cell phone and complimenting my F. I drive mine pretty aggressive as the sound above 3K RPM is just music to my ears which is one reason I upgraded from a IS250 which I loved a lot too. I think you have one of the nicest F's I've seen, I was really impressed at the Lexus meet on Dale Mabry when they rolled your car out of the garage.
Old 07-18-14, 05:39 PM
RSWill
Rookie

what all did he have done to his 5.0 ??
Old 07-18-14, 08:40 PM
Maskaveli
Driver School Candidate

Nothing too crazy, exhaust and intake he said but he definitely didn't expect me being faster lol
Old 07-18-14, 10:05 PM
RSWill
Rookie

lol, i can imagine he was like what the heck.
Old 07-19-14, 02:18 AM
Silver08
Driver School Candidate

I'm currently entertaining selling mine because of my growing family and a need for larger SUV. This forum might be changing my mind. I do love it and it is very rare. I live in Louisville and I've seen 4 total in the 4 years I've had mine.
Old 07-19-14, 05:37 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Mine gets a little attention at the cars and coffee events, but a 20yr old NSX on wheels draws a crowd when it pulls in. I get a few head nods and thumbs up when driving, and more than a few confused stares, but I actually like the fact that this car is so rare that even some enthusiasts have no idea what it is.
Old 07-19-14, 05:59 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sean
It seems like most people have no clue what an IS-F is and think Lexus' in general are only driven by older women and accountants. As others have said, it doesn't even really matter what people think, but I think it's safe to say fellow IS-F owners and Lexus enthusiasts also for the most part appreciate and respect how you've built YOURISF, so at least there's that!
Hey man thanks for the compliments on MYSIF and I just hope I can help other ISF owners as they have questions about certain Mods...Oh and btw I am an "Accountant"...LMAO

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Maybe its your wheel choice? I will buy them from you....you know, to help out the situation....LOL
Dude...I have to applaud your persistence on wanting to buy my wheels...and that picture had me rolling...

Originally Posted by RSWill
A true automotive enthusiast out there at those meets would at the very least chat you up about the IS-F. I found more times than not the average person out there that are attending shows, meets and events are not real savvy on the enitre automotive movement. Most folks only know about or are only interested in the group they belong to i.e. muscle, euro, classics etc. I for one show interest and can relate to most anything on wheels lol.
True...true...on the rare occasion someone has shown real interest in the car they have admitted they did not know anything about it but were totally engaged in the discussion as I explained the car and the mods. And like you (know from our PM's) I too like to talk to people about their cars and am truly interested about what they have done and why...

Originally Posted by Maskaveli
I've been to the C&C here in Tampa a few times (not with my F) and most people are there to see Ferrari, Lambo, and other exotics. That being said I've had about a half dozen random people start asking me about my car at stop lights especially one guy when I walked his modded 5.0 mustang lol. I stopped in the store the other day and came back out to a guy snapping pics on his cell phone and complimenting my F. I drive mine pretty aggressive as the sound above 3K RPM is just music to my ears which is one reason I upgraded from a IS250 which I loved a lot too. I think you have one of the nicest F's I've seen, I was really impressed at the Lexus meet on Dale Mabry when they rolled your car out of the garage.
Hey man nice kill and your USB ISF is sweet! I think maybe if a group (7-8) of ISF's here in Tampa where to roll into some of these shows/meets all together that maybe people would say "Damn Lexus are performance car"...well maybe???

Quick Reply: Don't understand enthusiast reactions to the ISF