Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-16-14, 12:21 AM
crazee201
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they can guarantee you another car for what you paid for that's good. If not you can go thru the legal process but it will take time and chances are, you will win the case or they will settle and make a little bit extra for your time and loss.
Old 07-16-14, 04:34 AM
RMA
Driver

2008MY ? That sucks, sorry to hear the news.
Old 07-16-14, 07:08 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that's def some heavy body work to restore it.
I would return it and get another one, or if I want to keep the car.. I would ask for money back from the purchase price to the car's value same as a car with accident history.
Old 07-16-14, 07:30 AM
vlam09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RSWill
I may have missed it but are you financing the car (a bank having a lien on it) or did you buy it out right.
I paid for it in full
Old 07-16-14, 07:32 AM
vlam09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by crazee201
If they can guarantee you another car for what you paid for that's good. If not you can go thru the legal process but it will take time and chances are, you will win the case or they will settle and make a little bit extra for your time and loss.
Yes that's what I was leaning towards but I don't think I want to drag it out anymore its been well over a month since this all happened.
Old 07-16-14, 07:33 AM
vlam09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 9aristo
the shipping people probably took it on a joy ride, screwed up and left it there lol
That was the assumption when I first received the news
Old 07-16-14, 07:42 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

that should buff right out....

jk, jc man that sucks, bummer luck man. hopefully you get it squared away. did they find the idiots that stole that? not sure how they could have just walked away from that one!
Old 07-16-14, 09:16 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can probably get back all the expenses you paid to visit the dealership since you said you flew, if you have receipts of course. You took the time out to go visit the dealership and find a "specific" car; not just any old car from any old dealership.. My parents are going through a similar issue at the moment. Not for a car but a house but its almost similar. Paid for a house did all the paperwork but before the house can close there were extensive damages by the previous/current owner and can no longer sell the house in the paid for condition. So they have filed for reimbursement in full plus expenses for time taken out visiting it and plane fare since the house was cross country
Old 07-16-14, 10:44 AM
vlam09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
You can probably get back all the expenses you paid to visit the dealership since you said you flew, if you have receipts of course. You took the time out to go visit the dealership and find a "specific" car; not just any old car from any old dealership.. My parents are going through a similar issue at the moment. Not for a car but a house but its almost similar. Paid for a house did all the paperwork but before the house can close there were extensive damages by the previous/current owner and can no longer sell the house in the paid for condition. So they have filed for reimbursement in full plus expenses for time taken out visiting it and plane fare since the house was cross country

This was the original plan. Like I mentioned to their insurance how would I find another in that exact condition with that few miles and that exact color. They have agreed to reimburse me for the plane tickets but it seems like they are just wanting to pay back the bare minimum which is making me consider filing a lawsuit against them. The owr of the shipping company has been avoiding my phone calls so I have
a slight hunch saying that he had something to do with my car being stolen and wrecked
Old 07-16-14, 01:17 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

The car was damaged pretty bad. Did you find out who the culprits are or could it have been a joyride gone bad at the shipping yard?
Old 07-16-14, 01:25 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vlam09
This was the original plan. Like I mentioned to their insurance how would I find another in that exact condition with that few miles and that exact color. They have agreed to reimburse me for the plane tickets but it seems like they are just wanting to pay back the bare minimum which is making me consider filing a lawsuit against them. The owr of the shipping company has been avoiding my phone calls so I have
a slight hunch saying that he had something to do with my car being stolen and wrecked
To be honest, If I was the owner of the shipping company, I would be avoiding any calls too because there is really NOTHING you can say to make things better for the purchaser of the car with out dishing out tons of money (which i'm pretty sure they don't want to do). The car was taken on their time and wrecked under the care and handling of the shipping company. Plus its EXTREMELY hard to steal an IS if you don't have the keys since its not a standard ignition like most cars which leads to believe it was an employee who had the keys that must have done it and wrecked it in the process. Chances are the employer is covering up for the stupidity of their employee

You can file a law suit for more money but it has to be justifiable. For the car, you WONT get back anymore than you paid for it since you never took collection of the car. Any thing you sue for would have to be any expenses incurred during the process such as plane ticket, time taken off of work, rental car (if any after flight), hotel, and anything you have an actual receipt for during that time. Anything more than that I doubt a judge would grant because there really is no pain and suffering when purchasing a $40k sports car that they made plenty of. (unless its one of a kind)
Old 07-16-14, 01:34 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

its so crazy how bad it was wrecked, hopefully they were at least a little busted up as a result.
Old 07-16-14, 06:28 PM
vlam09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
The car was damaged pretty bad. Did you find out who the culprits are or could it have been a joyride gone bad at the shipping yard?
No sir the cops are still doing an ongoing investigation.
Old 07-16-14, 06:46 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

You never took delivery of the vehicle, you should have absolutely no loss in what you paid for the vehicle. Let the dealer know you paid them in full and completed your portion of the agreement, but they failed to deliver the vehicle to you in the condition it was purchased so they need to reimburse you, and tell them to deal with the shipping company and the insurance. Who hired the shipping company, you or the dealer? I would go after the dealer who failed to hire a transport company capable of safely securing your investment and delivering it to you.

Also, FYI insurance companies are negotiable with what they will reimburse you for a totaled vehicle. If you end up having to deal with their insurance instead, let the shipping yard know you will hold them personally responsible for the difference in loss (if the insurance doesn't pay you what you spent).

Lastly, let every involved party know you're going to blast them all over the internet, this story will go viral with their names all over it. This is a story Yahoo news would LOVE to share with the world. I would NEVER do business with anyone of them, they seem like they are trying to toss blame around on everyone but themselves....

Quick Reply: Stolen/Totaled IS-F