IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Stolen/Totaled IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-14, 06:52 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your insurance policy as well, they usually cover new purchases under your existing policy within a certain amount of days. No one ever insures their new car before its even delivered to them, so I would explore your other existing policy that you have on a different vehicle to see if thats the case.
Old 07-16-14, 06:57 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

looks like they rear ended a semi truck or something
Old 07-16-14, 08:34 PM
vlam09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
You never took delivery of the vehicle, you should have absolutely no loss in what you paid for the vehicle. Let the dealer know you paid them in full and completed your portion of the agreement, but they failed to deliver the vehicle to you in the condition it was purchased so they need to reimburse you, and tell them to deal with the shipping company and the insurance. Who hired the shipping company, you or the dealer? I would go after the dealer who failed to hire a transport company capable of safely securing your investment and delivering it to you.

Also, FYI insurance companies are negotiable with what they will reimburse you for a totaled vehicle. If you end up having to deal with their insurance instead, let the shipping yard know you will hold them personally responsible for the difference in loss (if the insurance doesn't pay you what you spent).

Lastly, let every involved party know you're going to blast them all over the internet, this story will go viral with their names all over it. This is a story Yahoo news would LOVE to share with the world. I would NEVER do business with anyone of them, they seem like they are trying to toss blame around on everyone but themselves....
This has probably been the absolute best piece of advise I have heard on my situation yet! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to give me advise I really do appreciate it so much. The dealer was the one who booked the transport company. According to the dealer he said he booked a very well known shipping company in the country I forgot its name but turns out he went to a broker and they booked some small family run shipping company. Insurance called me today and are still waiting on the police report to finally put a price on everything but part of me doesn't want to accept the bare minimum. Call me greedy, selfish, or stupid but I have wasted well over a month on this case and I know my time can not be replaced. I did consider doing that but I felt that I should give them all the benefit of the doubt and be mature about the situation but I feel like if I don't do that then the shipping company and dealer really didn't lose anything. Everything I have been told from the dealer/shipping company doesn't add up. It does seem like they are constantly blaming each other for the situation and no one really wants to man up. Time will tell what happens. Insurance should be contacting me sometime soon to discuss the numbers.
Old 07-16-14, 08:36 PM
vlam09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Check your insurance policy as well, they usually cover new purchases under your existing policy within a certain amount of days. No one ever insures their new car before its even delivered to them, so I would explore your other existing policy that you have on a different vehicle to see if thats the case.
Again thank you very much for the advice I really never even thought of that! I will definitely be looking at my insurance policy first thing in the morning. The same dealer called me today asking am I in the market yet for another car because he has a GT-R he will let go for a good price because of what happened but I am kind of skeptical about the company now.
Old 07-16-14, 08:37 PM
vlam09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
looks like they rear ended a semi truck or something
I was thinking more like the end scene of Mr. Deeds when he buys everyone corvettes and Crazy Eyes says, "Damn these things are fast" and wrecks it lmao
Old 07-16-14, 09:20 PM
mrkim
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vlam09
Again thank you very much for the advice I really never even thought of that! I will definitely be looking at my insurance policy first thing in the morning. The same dealer called me today asking am I in the market yet for another car because he has a GT-R he will let go for a good price because of what happened but I am kind of skeptical about the company now.
If he is going to give you a GT-R for a good price, tell him no. Demand it for the same price due to the fact they totalled your car. It's either give to you as the same price as the isf you purchase or nothing.

Their just trying to save their butts because they screwed up royal.
Old 07-17-14, 03:29 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

This is just weird.....i have a feeling the shipping company took this car out for a ride.
Old 07-17-14, 06:51 AM
vlam09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ULTSISF
This is just weird.....i have a feeling the shipping company took this car out for a ride.
That's what I believe too
Old 07-17-14, 07:21 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTSISF
That's what I believe too
+3, i believe they took a joyride!

Any cameras in the area?
Old 07-17-14, 07:36 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mrkim
If he is going to give you a GT-R for a good price, tell him no. Demand it for the same price due to the fact they totalled your car. It's either give to you as the same price as the isf you purchase or nothing.

Their just trying to save their butts because they screwed up royal.
SOOO they are trying to sell you a more expensive car? To be honest, you went out looking for a specific car. An IS-F cant get anymore specific than that. Unless the GT-R is sold for the same price, then I would pass on it especially with this situation.
Old 07-17-14, 11:53 AM
vlam09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hypervish
+3, i believe they took a joyride!

Any cameras in the area?
I would assume they should have cameras being that they are a shipping company transporting valuable cargo. But no one has said anything as to how it happened or who was the culprit yet. Still waiting on the police report
Old 07-17-14, 11:56 AM
vlam09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
SOOO they are trying to sell you a more expensive car? To be honest, you went out looking for a specific car. An IS-F cant get anymore specific than that. Unless the GT-R is sold for the same price, then I would pass on it especially with this situation.

Exactly! Not just a specific car but a specific color and decent mileage for a great price. That's what insurance isn't understanding everytime I contact them. I most likely will pass on the GT-R unless they give it for the same price as the IS-F but that is highly doubtful
Old 07-18-14, 02:34 AM
crazee201
Pole Position

Vlam you definitely should get your story out. I remember there was a situation where the dealer wrecked a customer's corvette and that went viral. The owner ended up getting a free corvette from another dealership. Btw what was the name of the dealership you went to and the shipping company that they used?
Old 07-18-14, 09:06 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

The fact of matter is that most drivers do not know how to handle a powerful vehicle like an ISF. And when someone takes (steals) it for a joy ride, they are overcome by the power and simply can't handle it and most of the time it ends up with disastrous results like this.

Thie OPs vehicle was stolen, pure and simple. The Police should be investigating this as Grant Theft Auto, a Felony. Since the car was in the care of the shipping company, and was still titled with the dealer, the dealer should be jumping up and down trying to resolve the theft. If he is not, something is wrong here.

The OP is should have access to the Police report and any reports on further investigations. Both the dealer and the shipping company should be working to satisfy their client, the OP.

I agree the OP should use the internet and any other means at his disposal to publicize this event.

Lou
Old 07-18-14, 09:57 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys I am a new member here and I am seeking some advice. I recently bought an IS-F from a dealer out of state. I flew over there and did all the paperwork got the title and made sure it was in pristine conditions. After that I had them ship the car to where I live. About a week later 3 days before my car was supposed to arrive the dealer calls and says that the car is shipped. The following day he calls me back saying that someone stole my car from the shipping yard and a couple of days later they said that it was found and that it was totaled. I have been in contact with their insurance and they know that it was their fault and they have been cooperating with me on getting my money back. My question is how much should I realistically be expecting to receive back from them?...
Every bloody penny. If they push back, tell them you will have a lawyer engage...and get one. You can then sue for his fees as well.

Quick Reply: Stolen/Totaled IS-F