IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Might be that time to let her go =(

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-14, 07:21 PM
Polkman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might be that time to let her go =(

With a wedding coming up and looking to buy our first house, it may be time to trade my F in. Sadly i have started to part her out and began looking at other cars. I've been eyeing a Genesis 5.0 r-spec lately. Has anyone had any experience with those cars? I will definitely come back to the F family later on, but as for now let the car shopping begin!
Old 07-15-14, 08:19 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Polkman
With a wedding coming up and looking to buy our first house, it may be time to trade my F in. Sadly i have started to part her out and began looking at other cars. I've been eyeing a Genesis 5.0 r-spec lately. Has anyone had any experience with those cars? I will definitely come back to the F family later on, but as for now let the car shopping begin!

dude i was in ur shoes my wedding will be 10/3/2014 and i dont know what to do either me and my wife like the car so much but i think i will keep mine and shopping another family car for her later
Old 07-15-14, 08:58 PM
Navydoc13
Driver

Originally Posted by DansonISF
dude i was in ur shoes my wedding will be 10/3/2014 and i dont know what to do either me and my wife like the car so much but i think i will keep mine and shopping another family car for her later
ill take the RMI scoops off your hands
Old 07-16-14, 05:07 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Navydoc13
ill take the RMI scoops off your hands
As the eagle flys over the injured prey waiting for the cars to finish passing by to swoop in for the meal. LMAO
Old 07-16-14, 06:17 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Polkman
Wait, wait, wait. Why in the hell would you do that?? That Hyundai is going for about $43,500 right now. You can find FBO ISFs for less than $40k! Check my sig for a second. This is my 2nd ISF. I bought this one in October last year for $36k w/ 49k miles. So I'm confused why you would trade out.
Old 07-16-14, 06:32 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Keep the F!

If you do sell, make the most out it for your situation and either get the cheapest car you can stand to drive, or maybe even drop down to temporarily sharing a car with your fiance if possible. The extra cash should give you a lot more options when house shopping.

Also, if you do go through with it, I'll be down by Miami in a couple of weeks. Maybe I could pick up that Tom's
Old 07-16-14, 06:34 AM
Polkman
Driver

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Wait, wait, wait. Why in the hell would you do that?? That Hyundai is going for about $43,500 right now. You can find FBO ISFs for less than $40k! Check my sig for a second. This is my 2nd ISF. I bought this one in October last year for $36k w/ 49k miles. So I'm confused why you would trade out.
There's some certified genesis r spec 2012s here around 28k. I currently own a 2012 isf and not interested in owning the later year versions.
Old 07-16-14, 07:08 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would not let a marriage or house shopping get in the way of selling your F, unless you're really strapped for cash.

IMO I don't know why people sell the F and get something similar in price, you end up either losing money or breaking even due to the tax you pay on the other vehicle. Unless you're getting a mini van, SUV or a really low end sedan, I wouldn't do it....,
Old 07-16-14, 07:59 AM
Polkman
Driver

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I would not let a marriage or house shopping get in the way of selling your F, unless you're really strapped for cash.

IMO I don't know why people sell the F and get something similar in price, you end up either losing money or breaking even due to the tax you pay on the other vehicle. Unless you're getting a mini van, SUV or a really low end sedan, I wouldn't do it....,
I wouldn't necessarily say it's similar in price. There's a 15k-20k difference in the 2012s F/Genesis. I was looking to get a sedan with more room, and the genesis caught my eye. I'm still currently doing my research and they're maybe other options I can look at.

I would like to keep my F but realistically I'm kind of tired of paying $1300+ on payment/insurance/gas a month.

And of course. "Happy wife, Happy life"
Old 07-16-14, 08:05 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

You selling that Toms diffuser? PM me lol!
Old 07-16-14, 08:06 AM
DONT SLEEP
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Paying a lot of money for weddings (1 day event) is overrated. I can understand the savings for a house though...
Old 07-16-14, 09:13 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

You would be better off selling the F, buying a used Civic until you buy your house, then pay off bills and buy something else later on..
Old 07-16-14, 09:18 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DONT SLEEP
Paying a lot of money for weddings (1 day event) is overrated. I can understand the savings for a house though...
what he said ^^^
Old 07-16-14, 09:33 AM
mrkim
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know court weddings are cheaper... lol and there's always Vegas weddings
Old 07-16-14, 10:03 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

at least in asian tradition, guests normally bring cash as gifts. my wife and i (3 yrs ago next month), only had a few items on our registry, so, most people brought money. if you go real cheap on the wedding, some people MAKE money. all in all, we broke even. so, my suggestion is to keep the F and have a "traditional asian" wedding.

Quick Reply: Might be that time to let her go =(