IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Best Places To Purchase Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-14, 11:47 AM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Best Places To Purchase Mods?

I am beginning to start buying mods for my car. Curious to see where everyone purchases from and pricing. I am looking to get Joe z exhaust, possibly intake, Toms rear diffuser, and whats a good place to find rims volks, works, advans, vossens etc used or new.
Old 07-14-14, 11:52 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can get your JoeZ exhaust & intake from Carson Toyota - ask for Luis
Old 07-15-14, 08:41 AM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out the vendor marketplace?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...rketplace-118/
Old 07-15-14, 09:28 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Fart and Sminal or Costco
Old 07-15-14, 11:24 AM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by boostftw
Was curious which vendors are most popular on here. Seeing as there is not much aftermarket support for these cars, I'm sure most of them get it from the same place so which ever has the fastest shipping/cost.
Originally Posted by 2ndGF
You can get your JoeZ exhaust & intake from Carson Toyota - ask for Luis
Thanks, do they have them in stock ready to ship? Also anyone have experience with vip auto salon? They have Joe Z exhaust, intake and afe filter if bundled you get free shipping.
Old 07-15-14, 11:32 AM
J2K
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Do yourself a favor a do not order from VIP Auto Salon. There are several threads detailing people's poor experiences.
Old 07-15-14, 11:34 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by itsmejon
Was curious which vendors are most popular on here. Seeing as there is not much aftermarket support for these cars, I'm sure most of them get it from the same place so which ever has the fastest shipping/cost.

Thanks, do they have them in stock ready to ship? Also anyone have experience with vip auto salon? They have Joe Z exhaust, intake and afe filter if bundled you get free shipping.
Welcome to the site. Lot's of GREAT information here. Learn to use the search function. All the questions you have been asking are well covered here. As far as VIP is concerned, stay away Do a search and you'll see why. As far as an item being in stock, the best way to find out is to call the vendor for the product you are interested in.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 07-15-14 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-15-14, 11:42 AM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by J2K
^^ Do yourself a favor a do not order from VIP Auto Salon. There are several threads detailing people's poor experiences.
Bummer alright thanks for the heads up much appreciated.

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Welcome to the site. Lot's of GREAT information here. Learn to use the search function. All the questions you have been asking are well covered here. As far as VIP is concerned, stay away Do a search and you'll see why.

Lou
Sorry, just seems I'm not using the right keywords and a lot of threads are really old so I'm not sure if things have changed and some of the links are expired. This forum doesn't seem very active. Crap good thing i didn't pull the trigger when i had cart full of goodies.
Old 07-15-14, 02:24 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

This forum doesn't seem very active.
Well, you are dead wrong there. There forum is where it's happening for anything Lexus especially performance. As I said, Lot's of Great information here, you just have to look for it. The other Lexus forums - Not So Much.

Lou
Old 07-15-14, 02:44 PM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

[...]

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING from VIP

You've been warned three times now.
Old 07-15-14, 02:50 PM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Well, you are dead wrong there. There forum is where it's happening for anything Lexus especially performance. As I said, Lot's of Great information here, you just have to look for it. The other Lexus forums - Not So Much.

Lou
I understand this Ive been on the other forums but it seems the F crowd just isn't really there. Having to revive threads from 3-6 months or even longer or with out dated info and links kinda sucks.

I do appreciate you taking your time to respond.

Originally Posted by Beachtyme
DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING from VIP

You've been warned three times now.
Haha yes sir, this is a reason why i asked where people shop at seeing as they are a vendor here.
Old 07-15-14, 03:21 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The forum is def the most active one so no idea where u getting that from. Mods are difficult to find because A.) It's a niche car and not many were made and B.) It is now a discontinued model. Joe Z exhaust is easy to get and so are wheels but finding carbon fiber lips and diffusers is very difficult. Check classifieds for used ones is one of the better options
Old 07-15-14, 04:21 PM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mrd916
The forum is def the most active one so no idea where u getting that from. Mods are difficult to find because A.) It's a niche car and not many were made and B.) It is now a discontinued model. Joe Z exhaust is easy to get and so are wheels but finding carbon fiber lips and diffusers is very difficult. Check classifieds for used ones is one of the better options
I'm just saying compared to other car forums I've seen the audience is quite slim for this vehicle. Which sucks cause i was looking forward to sharing experiences with other F owners. This forum is awesome, I'm not taking anything away from it. Ive been looking through members classified for a while now haven't found anything that i was interested in. Just curious what vendors are easiest to work with and have products in stock or readily available. I just keep getting told to do a search for old threads that have been dead for a while. When i do bring a thread back up i hardly get a response or answer i was looking for. I am not in no way what so ever trying to say this forum is bad just seems harder to find up to date information. Please do not take what i am saying in a negative way because its far from what I'm trying to do. Just trying to make sure i do things proper.
Old 07-15-14, 04:57 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No prob man, I wasn't bashing on u. I was just defending this forum cause guys here have saved me a lot of time and $$ with their knowledge. As far as performance mods ur in luck cause PPE and Sikky make headers that add around 40-50 HP and they are usually in stock. PPE had to make mine but it only took 2 weeks. They run about $1300 plus install will be $600-$900 depending on ur shop's rates. U can add an intake for about 5 more ponies and exhaust will get u 20 or so more. Don't believe any thread involving ECU upgrades or Twin Turbo kit as they will just frustrate u with false hope. Once u do exhaust, intake and headers ur done performance wise.
Old 07-15-14, 10:25 PM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mrd916
No prob man, I wasn't bashing on u. I was just defending this forum cause guys here have saved me a lot of time and $$ with their knowledge. As far as performance mods ur in luck cause PPE and Sikky make headers that add around 40-50 HP and they are usually in stock. PPE had to make mine but it only took 2 weeks. They run about $1300 plus install will be $600-$900 depending on ur shop's rates. U can add an intake for about 5 more ponies and exhaust will get u 20 or so more. Don't believe any thread involving ECU upgrades or Twin Turbo kit as they will just frustrate u with false hope. Once u do exhaust, intake and headers ur done performance wise.
Well i plan to do exhaust and intake first i am still on the fence about headers. I just need to find the most reliable source to purchase from. Seems I/E/H and aero parts plus rims and suspension are really all we can do at point in time. If someone could direct me to a reputable vendor where i can purchase the parts i listed above id be grateful.

Quick Reply: Best Places To Purchase Mods?