IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Meet the F's little brother.

Old 07-14-14, 12:29 AM
Joszer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meet the F's little brother.

Just picked up this 2014 Ford Fiesta ST to spare the miles on the F. ISF is a 2011 with 28k miles. The ST is a RIOT to drive.
Attached Thumbnails Meet the F's little brother.-imag1467-2.jpg  

Last edited by lobuxracer; 07-14-14 at 02:37 PM. Reason: fixed thread title
Old 07-14-14, 12:47 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sick! Do you treat it like a rental car?
Old 07-14-14, 01:05 AM
Joszer
Driver School Candidate

Right now I am still in the break in phase. Got the car with 50 miles. Can't wait to fully wail on it. Car is super tight on the turns. Way more agile than the F.
Old 07-14-14, 03:19 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

That's pretty genius...and it'll probably pay for itself before too long when you consider mileage, depreciation, maintenance, insurance, registration, mpg.....
Old 07-14-14, 06:38 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Good choice! Fiesta or Focus ST would def would be my choice if I were to ever get another hatch.
Old 07-14-14, 07:21 AM
suprasupra
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you made a good choice in a small hatch .

Since hitting dealer lots in August 2013, the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST has made a splash, racking up 22 industry awards for performance, handling and value
The hot little hatchback most recently won a spot on the 2014 Automobile Magazine All-Star list, making it perhaps the most-awarded performance subcompact in history; Fiesta ST has earned more honors than any small performance vehicle from Ford ever
Fiesta ST is not only capturing critical acclaim, it is helping Ford win over coveted new buyers
The 2014 Ford Fiesta ST will need a bigger trophy room.

The hot hatch has earned 22 awards since going on sale last year, most recently being named a 2014 Automobile Magazine All-Star (www.automobilemag.com/2014allstars).

"High-technology hot rods like Fiesta ST have helped make fast driving possible for buyers of small cars – even those with modest budgets," said Jean Jennings, editor-in-chief, Automobile Magazine. "It's a bullet on the road, with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine that sounds like a mini-Ferrari when flogged, supportive Recaro seats and clean shift action. Designed and engineered collaboratively by Ford's U.S. and European operations, Fiesta ST is a testament to the success of the One Ford global vehicle development philosophy."

Amy Marentic, Ford marketing manager, global small and medium cars, said there's really nothing else on the market quite like Fiesta ST. "It's fun to drive, full of high-tech features and packaged at an affordable price," she said. "It's no wonder Fiesta ST is not only winning awards, but that the honors range in scope from performance to value and everything in between."

Fiesta ST is the most-awarded performance subcompact Ford has ever made. The car has earned these awards:

Automobile Magazine, 2014 All-Star
Top Gear (U.K.), Car of the Year
Echappement (France), Sports Car of the Year
Auto Express (U.K.), Best Hot Hatch
Scottish Car of the Year, Best Hot Hatch
Car (Spain), Top 11 Sports Cars
Sunday Times (U.K.), No. 1 Hot Hatch
Autocar (U.K.), Best Value Driver's Car
Car and Driver, 10 Best
Gear Patrol, GP100 Top Gear
Popular Mechanics, 2014 Automotive Excellence Award for Handling
Esquire Magazine, Small Car of the Year
Culture Map – Houston, Hot Compact of the Year
Autobytel, 2014 Compact Car of the Year
MotorWeek, Drivers' Choice Award for Best Subcompact Car
Hagerty, 2014 Hagerty Hot List
About.com, Best New Cars of 2014
China Auto Pictorial, Performance Car of the Year
Top Gear (China), Best Performance Car in 2013
National Business Review, Sports Car of the Year 2013
U.K. Car of the Year, Best Performance Car
kbb. com, 10 Coolest New Cars Under $25,000 of 2014
Team members behind Fiesta ST and other Ford vehicles are notable on their own terms. Ford won Dynamics Team of the Year, while Team RS lead for vehicle dynamics David Put was named 2013 Dynamicist of the Year by Vehicle Dynamics International.

This jury of automotive journalists from around the world hailed the work of members of the Ford team as a "stand-out in all segments."

"If you have not driven a new Ford in the last year, go do so now," said Phil Morse, judging for Vehicle Dynamics International. "The vehicle dynamicists have apparently been turned loose and allowed to run amok, resulting in cars that are subtle, responsive, and an absolute pleasure to drive."

Along with all the accolades it is collecting, Fiesta ST is winning the attention of customers Ford had hoped would find the hot hatch an appealing option. Some facts about buyers of Fiesta ST:

50 percent are under 35 years old, compared to 23 percent of Ford brand customers
Average age is 39, 10 years younger than Ford brand customers
54 percent have at least a bachelor's degree, compared to 50 percent of base Fiesta buyers
30 percent have a household income of at least $100,000, compared to 26 percent of base Fiesta buyers
30 percent live in California
This is a demographic that's considered a difficult target for automakers.

"Common knowledge had it that this group didn't care about driving, or if they did, they opted for import brands," said Marentic. "But the feedback we're getting from customers and the awards Fiesta ST keeps winning prove again and again we really accomplished something special."

Customer feedback shows Fiesta ST drivers take their car to the track to run, but they also use it as a daily driver. The car is designed to be fun, but it rewards drivers with exceptional fuel economy – Fiesta ST returns an EPA-estimated 35 mpg on the highway.

Another perk of purchasing Fiesta ST is that owners are offered the chance to learn firsthand the capabilities of their performance car at Ford's ST Octane Academy, a complimentary program for drivers of the new hatchback, as well as owners of 2013 and 2014 Ford Focus ST.

ST Octane Academy provides Fiesta ST and Focus ST owners with a full immersion into the Ford ST experience, along with driving instruction and extensive course time with professional instructors. The intent is to demonstrate to owners the performance capabilities of their car and help improve their driving skills – all while having fun.
Old 07-14-14, 07:27 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

I don't understand why people treat their F's like a depreciating supercar... its not.

I bought my F to have a fun daily driver year round. But then again I guess this car isn't my dream car, or anywhere close to it.
Old 07-14-14, 09:14 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I don't understand why people treat their F's like a depreciating supercar... its not.

I bought my F to have a fun daily driver year round. But then again I guess this car isn't my dream car, or anywhere close to it.
Mine is super
Old 07-14-14, 09:25 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Happiness and means of living are all relative, my friend.
Old 07-14-14, 09:26 AM
matthewusm
Driver School Candidate

^^^ Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this car, but the reason I chose the ISF was to have something fast and fun, but also relatively reliable so I could rack up miles on it. To each his own, and hopefully in 20 years, the people who didn't put miles on their F will have a rare collectors item to show for it.
Old 07-14-14, 09:29 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

It also depends on how long you want to keep your car. If I was driving 70+ miles a day I wouldn't want to put all of them on the F.
Old 07-14-14, 04:57 PM
Wink
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, I have a very similar pic too.

F and Fiesta. My car, and my girl's. Her Fiesta is only a base model CL though.

Old 07-14-14, 06:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Congrats. Great choice. The ST just shows that you dont need to drop 65k to enjoy a fun car
Old 07-14-14, 08:22 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Ding Ding Ding! I had multiple garage queens..all you are doing is saving the car for someone else down the line. I drive mine in rain, sleet and snow and drive it hard....after its warmed up.

Funny though, I was looking into a Fiesta ST or Focus ST...I really can't get back int the FWD thing though...I dislike the feeling of it. I would have to drive an ST though to see how good it really is.
Old 07-14-14, 09:04 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

those are really cool cars. i like the look too. hows the gas?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meet the F's little brother.