IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Osram D4S CBI

Old 07-21-14, 05:02 AM
TRSMatt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are not a vendor here on the forum, but I am a member since I have a GS350, so hang out over on that side of CL

Ironically I just installed the new D4S CBI's in my GS350 F sport this weekend and damn, they are awesome. Compared to the stock Harrison bulbs (which are pretty much at the bottom of the totem poll performance wise) the CBI is much whiter and a few hundred lumens brighter per headlight.

Will post some pics when I get a chance to snap some
Old 07-21-14, 05:18 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRSMatt
We are not a vendor here on the forum, but I am a member since I have a GS350, so hang out over on that side of CL

Ironically I just installed the new D4S CBI's in my GS350 F sport this weekend and damn, they are awesome. Compared to the stock Harrison bulbs (which are pretty much at the bottom of the totem poll performance wise) the CBI is much whiter and a few hundred lumens brighter per headlight.

I also installed these this weekend. Went and exchanged the Ultinons for these. I would say I'm happier with the CBI as they are a little bit whiter than the Ultinons initially but was told they're suppose to shift a little more around 100 hours right?
Old 07-21-14, 12:41 PM
9aristo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRSMatt

I am a huge TRS fan, but the D4S CBI bulbs are a let down for me. I got some pics before pulling the Toshiba/Harison bulbs, and it's the same for me. It was so disappointing I didn't even want to update this thread, but here we are.
Old 07-28-14, 01:52 AM
TRSMatt
Driver School Candidate

I am confident the D4S version of the CBI is just like the D1 and D2, where you really need to run them for 100+ hours to fully appreciate their performance. They will break in and become brighter with a bit of use. I swapped my Harrison/Toshiba bulbs out for them and could tell an instant difference on our beam pattern wall in the shop, but on the road, yeah its not that noticeable up front.

If you do some reading on the D1/D2's though, everybody says the same thing. We also performed a D2S bulb shoot out and the D2S CBI beat the other "best in bunch" bulbs from the Philips XV and even the newest Morimoto XB35's as far as lumens go.

In any case, we don't make the D4S CBI bulbs, Osram does, so I'm not offended if people don't like em, haha
Old 09-29-14, 08:41 AM
GXAlan
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 9aristo
I am a huge TRS fan, but the D4S CBI bulbs are a let down for me. I got some pics before pulling the Toshiba/Harison bulbs, and it's the same for me. It was so disappointing I didn't even want to update this thread, but here we are.
How does it look now? (After a little bit of break-in)
Old 09-29-14, 11:15 AM
RMA
Driver

I'm curious also, I was always a fan of upgraded low beam bulbs myself.
Old 09-29-14, 11:46 AM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So far i've had it for 3 weeks . To me i love it (i do not like white white or blue white), it just slightly give a whiter color ( not too far from 4300k stock bulbs much ) but still better than the stock ones. Sometime at night i drove with some others lexus with OEM bulbs and i see D4S CBI brighter.
Old 09-29-14, 11:55 AM
RMA
Driver

Cool, good to know before spending the $185 on the set.
Old 09-29-14, 12:46 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

if you look at the other thread on the alternative fog light option there is a coupon code...
Old 09-29-14, 01:00 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

how does the CBi compare to the morimotos?
Old 09-29-14, 04:19 PM
RMA
Driver

CBI bulbs ordered
Old 09-29-14, 08:17 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
how does the CBi compare to the morimotos?
I don"t have 5000k D4S Morimotos bulb but i have the 5000k H11 Morimotos HID kit on my Gx470 , i love this kit too.
To compare between both of them i must say :
Osram 5000k D4S CBI gives more lumen that means brighter
5000k H11 Morimotos gives more white color.
Are you the one gave us the promotion code from TRS ? If so thank you again.
Old 09-29-14, 08:20 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RMA
CBI bulbs ordered
Congrats ! Did you use the code ? I did and save 37 bucks from TRS.
Old 09-29-14, 09:52 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shyguyF
I don"t have 5000k D4S Morimotos bulb but i have the 5000k H11 Morimotos HID kit on my Gx470 , i love this kit too.
To compare between both of them i must say :
Osram 5000k D4S CBI gives more lumen that means brighter
5000k H11 Morimotos gives more white color.
Are you the one gave us the promotion code from TRS ? If so thank you again.
yes I posted the code on the fog light thread. I plan to use it again to get the CBI. question do you have the led headlights or if you have any pictures of your setup. would like to see it. I plan on getting the CBI next month.
Old 09-30-14, 08:27 AM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
yes I posted the code on the fog light thread. I plan to use it again to get the CBI. question do you have the led headlights or if you have any pictures of your setup. would like to see it. I plan on getting the CBI next month.
My F is 08 so i don't have LED headlights. I seriously don't know how to post pics to the forum so i'm sorry about that . Do you know how to post photo from Androi phone please show me bc i'm always on the phone when i do nothing, i will take some pics for you.
To me you should get CBI bulb its worth money to get.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Osram D4S CBI