IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Another Happy BC Coilover Install - Thanks FIGS Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-14, 08:35 AM
anAgent
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Another Happy BC Coilover Install - Thanks FIGS Engineering

I recently purchased a set of BC coilovers from FIGS Engineering and thought I would express my satisfaction with both the customer service and with the delivered product. Mike responded quickly to my questions and was nice enough to talk with me on the phone. As many of you already know, this is the place to go!

The installation was on a 2013 ISF. Installed product specs:
BC RACING BR SERIES COILOVERS WITH SWIFT OPTION (Rate-Based Selection)
- SWIFT SPRING UPGRADE: YES
- Spring Rate Rear: 12k(IS300 Extreme Drop)
- Spring Rate Front: 16k
- EXTREME DROP (20mm lower): NO

Sorry an advance for not posting some pictures. As soon as I get things setup how I want, I'll post some pictures of the finished product. I might have to go the tires shop to get a little more stretch on my front tires to achieve the desired ride height. I'm running 20" Vossens CV7's.
Old 07-11-14, 08:45 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratualtions and I agree with your statements about FIGS Engineering customer service as I was once considering the BC coil overs and they where very diligent about answering my questions and concerns.

Also Please post before and after pictures especially on the CV7 wheels as I have the CV3 an often wonder how mine would fit and look with the BC coli overs...thanks.
Old 07-11-14, 09:05 AM
anAgent
Rookie

Well, the unfortunate thing is my SD card recently corrupted itself in my phone and I lost a bunch of pictures. I'll dig through the photo's to see if I can find more - but here is an "adjusted contrast" photo to accentuate the gaps between the tire and the fender:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5o6l7og6r...enger_Side.jpg

Originally Posted by MYISF
Congratualtions and I agree with your statements about FIGS Engineering customer service as I was once considering the BC coil overs and they where very diligent about answering my questions and concerns.

Also Please post before and after pictures especially on the CV7 wheels as I have the CV3 an often wonder how mine would fit and look with the BC coli overs...thanks.
Old 07-11-14, 09:37 AM
Looxs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! I've been looking to go the same route. Let me know how the car feels on our horrible freeways
Old 07-11-14, 09:49 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anAgent
Well, the unfortunate thing is my SD card recently corrupted itself in my phone and I lost a bunch of pictures. I'll dig through the photo's to see if I can find more - but here is an "adjusted contrast" photo to accentuate the gaps between the tire and the fender:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5o6l7og6r...enger_Side.jpg
Thanks and looks very nice...do you have the 10 or 10.5 rear wheel?
Old 07-11-14, 10:37 AM
anAgent
Rookie

Originally Posted by MYISF
Thanks and looks very nice...do you have the 10 or 10.5 rear wheel?
10.5 in the back.
Old 07-11-14, 10:40 AM
anAgent
Rookie

Originally Posted by Looxs
Congrats! I've been looking to go the same route. Let me know how the car feels on our horrible freeways
Thanks! Well, my car only has 6000 miles on it. BUT, comparing to the stock setup - setup at 10 clicks to hard in the front and 14 clicks to hard in the back, the car feels great. I tried to find some nasty roads (which wasn't too had to find ) and the response and feel was great. A little stiffer than what stock feels.
Old 07-11-14, 01:04 PM
LexusISF19
Driver

Is this upgrade much better for handling in youre perspective? Does it seem much more bouncier on bumps?
Old 07-11-14, 02:21 PM
anAgent
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexusISF19
Is this upgrade much better for handling in youre perspective? Does it seem much more bouncier on bumps?
Bumps seem to feel the same as before. However, I'll pay more attention to the upward inertia on the way home today.
Old 07-11-14, 02:35 PM
LionelHutz
Rookie

FIGS is great--most knowledgeable vendor I've ever talked to.

Originally Posted by LexusISF19
I thought the 16/12 made the car handle better. The 2011 is a pretty good car from the factory but the balance is better with the BCs and brake/acceleration squat is improved. I find the car better over medium-sized bumps and a little bit worse over potholes or small/sharp bumps. The bounciness is mostly going to be a factor of how you set your damping. I personally think that anything softer than ~12 steps from full-hard is too floaty with the 16/12 springs.
Old 07-12-14, 01:46 PM
anAgent
Rookie

Originally Posted by Looxs
The car feels just the same on freeways - as it doesn't seem any more "bouncy" than the stock did.

And the reason I went to coilovers, was to have the ability to adjust the ride height - not for increased handling performance. I figured I might lose some ride quality, but so far I'm pretty satisfied.
Old 07-12-14, 11:26 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Mike @ FIGS sold me on the BC Racing coilovers. The guy is super knowledgeable and is willing to answer any and all questions pertaining to any products available for purchase. IMO, the 16/12 combo works very well with the IS F, given how heavy it is in the front. Great all purpose coilovers, and superb customer service from FIGS Engineering.
Old 07-15-14, 08:37 PM
anAgent
Rookie

Here's a recent photo with the setup. Picture isn't the best, but it should show the stance.

20" CV7 Vossens on BC Coilovers

Old 07-15-14, 10:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

what tire sizes?? The front almost looks like a 255/35. Could be angle or lighting. Looks great
Old 07-16-14, 08:02 AM
jay714
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by anAgent
Here's a recent photo with the setup. Picture isn't the best, but it should show the stance.

20" CV7 Vossens on BC Coilovers

Looks great...Thanks for sharing your pics.

Can you tell us if this is the lowest setting, or is this the out-the-box setting? Noticed you opted for the "Non-extreme drop" version so wanted to know if this is the lowest it would sit on 20s.

Getting ready to order BCR coils myself so wanna make sure I order the right options.

Quick Reply: Another Happy BC Coilover Install - Thanks FIGS Engineering