IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Which rotors???

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-14, 09:01 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Lance you're trying to get me in trouble with the mods again. Anyway I posted the following in January of this year in another thread:

The rotors are still working very well and have worn well. I am still in luv with my Ferodo Pads, IMHO th best pad you can put on the ISF. The paint issue is less of a problem because the hats are now coated with self sticking debris. But, I still stand by what I said originally and what I again said earlier this year.

Lou
I did a BBK upgrade on an IS350 with coated Adams rotors and the paint literally fell from the rotors when I removed the wheels. The owner said they had 500miles on them and the coating was flaking off...saw it first hand, the rotors looked

Just something to consider...maybe don't get them coated like Lou suggested.

I would personally buy a 2piece rotor from Figs and call it the best $2k you can spend for several reasons.
Old 07-14-14, 01:41 PM
adamsrotors
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ please factor in bolting and torqing down a wheel, metal on metal, under extreme weight, heat, and vibration...what do you expect it to do? this is the hub face, covered by a wheel at all times when in use.
the rotor is first complimentary zinc dipped after machining to protect it from the elements, the main concern one should have,
Old 07-14-14, 08:24 PM
LexusISF19
Driver

Originally Posted by adamsrotors
our brand new webstore now has your application's pricing & options loaded for you LexusISF19! have a look by selecting your vehicle from the drop down menus: www.adamsrotors.com if you have any other questions, please let us know VIA EMAIL! thanks -a
link did not work . Pm me
Old 07-14-14, 09:51 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Works fine for me.

Originally Posted by LexusISF19
link did not work . Pm me
Old 07-14-14, 09:58 PM
adamsrotors
Former Sponsor

link is correct.
you have to of course use the drop-downs to enter the store for your vehicle.
Old 01-18-15, 06:10 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by adamsrotors
link is correct.
you have to of course use the drop-downs to enter the store for your vehicle.
Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
It sounds like you're looking for a good, affordable street setup for your car. As far as rotors- Centrics or Raybestos aren't at all a bad way to go and its not really worth spending more if you're not driving the car really aggressively (hard street use and especially track use). Brake pads will have the largest impact on how the car feels under braking, so you'll want to put a good set of street pads on. Many people like the initial bite and overall torque of the OEM IS-F pads but hate the dust. Typically you have to sacrifice performance for a low dusting pad or vice versa but the Project Mu NS and NS400 have proven that you can have your cake and eat it too! The are a street only pad that produces very little dust while still maintaining a strong initial bite and friction levels that everyone enjoys so much. The NS400 are also very reasonably priced.

Other popular street pads are the Carbotech 1521 compound and Stoptech Street Performance.

We carry all of the above and even have a "economical" package deal that comes with centric rotors and the street pads of your choice.

Here are some links for you:
Project Mu NS400 (front)
Project Mu NS400 (rear)
Carbotech 1521 (front)
Carbotech 1521 (rear)
Lexus IS-F Front Economical Daily Driver Brake Package
Lexus IS-F Rear Economical Daily Driver Brake Package

Please let me know if I can help with anything!

-Matt M.
Are the Raybestos rotors for the F still manufactured by Brembo? If so, are they actually manufactured in Italy and then just coated as opposed to the raw finish of OEM style Brembos?
Old 07-19-18, 09:10 PM
Lokitsdrew
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this a good match to put stop tech street performance pads on all 4 and combined it with the OE Brembo rotors? I can get all 4 rotors for $380.15 , and $152.95 for the pads shipped. What do you all think ? I am a daily/Spirited driver.
Old 07-20-18, 08:56 AM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Lokitsdrew
Is this a good match to put stop tech street performance pads on all 4 and combined it with the OE Brembo rotors? I can get all 4 rotors for $380.15 , and $152.95 for the pads shipped. What do you all think ? I am a daily/Spirited driver.
I have had that setup for years. Bad thing about the Stop Tech pads is they are not low dust and have an occasional squeal. Got the rotors thru Autozone and pads thru Tire Rack.
I've since moved over to Project Mu pads since I track as well.
Old 07-20-18, 03:53 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
Why not get Racing Brake 2 piece rotors, 7 lbs lighter each front corners and 4.5 rear corners. I love mine. The car is so much more responsive now. A bit pricey but they last way longer than stock, plus they don't get hairline crack when tracked hard! Racing Brake front pads are also amazing. Low dust and bite say harder than stock
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...rners-new.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-awesome.html
these are 1800 for a set of 4? That’s great. FYI Rays says that 2.2 pounds of weight reduction at the hub equals 33 pounds of body weight reduction. So that adds up quickly with rotors and light weight wheels. Be careful with tire weights as well. Tires can vary by 6 pounds in the same size.
Old 12-11-20, 05:29 AM
McPierson
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 81 Posts

Just adding to this.
I live near the O’Reilly Auto mothership. They have a local pick up window for the warehouse and there were 4 front brakebest rotors. At $95 I thought it would be worth an experiment.
27lb on the bathroom scale. Brembo at the limit were 25.2

No stamping. Brakebest did have a coating on the wheel side.