IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

NISSAN GT-R vs LEXUS IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-14, 09:16 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm perfectly happy with my current stable..........

With that said if money was no object, oddly enough I would only add to the mix and keep my current stable:

Stradale in Yellow or White
458 Speciale in Black
Old 07-11-14, 12:12 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ok for those whom have not drove a new gtr you have no idea the difference! it is night and day! the refinement is getting close to lexus I swear. you guys can love on lexus and I love my lexus isf as well but no question new GTR is way better
Old 07-11-14, 01:27 AM
Stuno1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one is saying the gtr isn't faster and a better performance car. People are simply saying it lacks refinement. I haven't driven one but from what those who have are saying it sounds like cabin quality is t on a par with its rivals and cabin noise is louder than rivals etc etc

Seems more like a roar weekend car than a high performance daily driver. Isn't maintenance on gtr's silly expensive as well ?

Stu
Old 07-11-14, 02:20 AM
RichFlair
Pole Position

quietest street race ever
Old 07-11-14, 02:34 AM
mrkim
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RichFlair
quietest street race ever
you gotta add sound FX yourself I guess... get a empty paper towel roll to make the exhaust sounds... don't forget to make the "PsssssHHhhh" sound for the turbo.
Old 07-11-14, 05:19 AM
Nanook
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get my refined speed with this tuned ML (635 hp)

Or this less refined but very fast Z

But I would not turn down a new 911 turbo S P car
Old 07-11-14, 06:21 AM
mrkim
Banned

Lets see a gtr go against this Name:  Screenshot_2014-02-01-20-19-58.png
Views: 604
Size:  421.8 KB
Old 07-11-14, 07:36 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ClassicSC3
But you SHOULD cry when you get a door ding, that's the point of keeping a car mint. one ding and it falls from excellent to fair condition and your can count the depreciation from each ding, imo.

i wouldnt say the parts are cheap on a wrx, they just might be less then a lexus. sti being a turbo, it really will not be as realiable as an NA engine.

for 2015, Wrx is better then the Sti, you must be talking about the older year Stis.

Depreciation is a concern for investments. Cars are a money sink for me and I'm OK with that.

2015 WRX is in no way better than the STi.

The STi has huge Brembo brakes, stout 6 speed tranmission with a history of holding a metric ton more torque than the 5 speed, DCCD control, bigger intercooler, more HP and so forth. While not much faster than the WRX, the STi is a far better track machine with a ton more headroom for safe power gains.

http://www.planetsubaru.com/subaru-wrx-vs-sti.htm
Old 07-11-14, 08:16 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nanook

Are those your cars pictured above? If so sexy rides and awesome color choices! I especially love the AMG ML, that thing is a rocket!
Old 07-11-14, 09:22 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tgui
Depreciation is a concern for investments. Cars are a money sink for me and I'm OK with that.

2015 WRX is in no way better than the STi.

The STi has huge Brembo brakes, stout 6 speed tranmission with a history of holding a metric ton more torque than the 5 speed, DCCD control, bigger intercooler, more HP and so forth. While not much faster than the WRX, the STi is a far better track machine with a ton more headroom for safe power gains.

http://www.planetsubaru.com/subaru-wrx-vs-sti.htm
We don't really know the limits of the new wrx because it's using a new engine. It's showing promise though. Both cars have a 6spd now(however the sti's is still better)

Originally Posted by mrkim
Lets see a gtr go against this
It only took a full tube chassis and replacing the entire drive train to make a fast isf. Lol

Originally Posted by Nanook

This guy gets it.
Originally Posted by vbb
Well Lexus targeted the wrong guy with me then, because I never used to drive a Camry or anything like it. My cars over the last 10 years have been Acura RSX-S, Honda S2000, BMW 335i tuned and occasionally drag raced, S2000 w/aftermarket turbo, then the ISF. Yes, I did have a more vanilla Acura TSX sprinkled in there, but that was when I also had the turbo S2000. So I've never been the boring family sedan kind of guy really.
Other than the s2k those cars are commuter cars lol. The 335's can be modded to be fast but it's a commuter car at heart. Great cars, but still very tame. The s2k is the one "sports" car on that list and it sounds like it was too much to deal with.

Last edited by Cronic; 07-11-14 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-11-14, 10:09 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrkim
Lets see a gtr go against this
lol I guess if you just want to say this vs that and randomly throw in a fake isf against a gtr that is fine.

I think the newer GTR's are less noisy I am taking mine to palm springs today to test long drive comfort but im betting it will be good
Old 07-11-14, 11:25 AM
mrkim
Banned

I thought this thread was about speed... now its about quality of the two cars? If that's the case that's all up to the person sheesh. Why bother with comparing...

Is it just me or taking Honda's idea of making a riding mower go really fast sound like a fun idea... or some kind of challenge for john deere people...

But anyways I guess we're back to the old Datsun fairlady z vs Toyota GT comparing thing again... how about we all agree to disagree that no one cares for honda anymore for the fact they haven't made any great cars like they did in the 90s and that Toyota and Nissan are still in the game... or screw korean cars...
Old 07-11-14, 01:29 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Cronic
Other than the s2k those cars are commuter cars lol. The 335's can be modded to be fast but it's a commuter car at heart. Great cars, but still very tame. The s2k is the one "sports" car on that list and it sounds like it was too much to deal with.
Never said they were raw sports cars, but I am saying they're not boring family sedans either. But yes, I fully well admit that I do not want a raw sports car unless a.) it's something I'm going to be tracking with regularity, and b.) I have something else that I like to drive the other 90% of the time. And I'm not dropping upwards of $50K on a toy that I drive 10% of the time. So maybe Lexus targeted the right guy afterall.