IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Chicago Wanna Go Fast half mile event

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-14, 11:31 PM
redb202
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Chicago Wanna Go Fast half mile event

This is the first time i've ever raced so I was pretty stoked. I saw a video of a stock IS-F do a half mile and it did 130mph. I wanted to beat that considering i've modified mine. So anything over 130 will make me happy.. So, im pretty happy with the results!! This event is focused on trap speed at a half mile distance. Not so much on time.

My mods are...
Injen intake, Meisterschaft GTC axle back and a custom 3" midpipe with no resonator and cats. I was running with stock tire sized Michelin Pilot Super Sport. (Those Michelins are super awesome BTW..)

My first race was with a Dodge Challenger SRT8. I was surprised with the result! 134.16

Then I went up against a Porsche 911 turbo (160mph) and got spanked! lol.. I did 132 on this

Next was against a 5.0 Mustang GT. I did 133 on this one.

Then lastly, a twin turbo supra with nitrous. i did 134 on this one.

Now i know that feeling of wanting more. Sikky headers next year! lol..
Old 06-24-14, 05:13 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome job!!! They are having one here in September but the registration was full in 40 hrs!!!! Oh well...next time.

Congrats...
Old 06-24-14, 06:03 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that is friggin awesome...you have got me "pumped" about trying this...so much so that i went to see if I could register for their next event in GA in September but it is already a full field...someone needs to orgnaize an event like this in Florida!!! Thanks for sharing...
Old 06-24-14, 06:27 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Now THAT looks like a lot of fun. I wish they'd have something like that within 200mi of here, but I've checked and they don't.

I have no frame of reference for what is considered a fast time, but I was surprised to see that Mustang pull away like that. Do you know if it was modded? Pretty predictable results vs the 911 Turbo and the Supra with NO2. The intake and axle back that you have probably did not add a lot of HP, but when you run again with headers that definitely should make a difference. 140mph possible?
Old 06-24-14, 09:58 AM
redb202
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DrRick
Awesome job!!! They are having one here in September but the registration was full in 40 hrs!!!! Oh well...next time.

Congrats...
Thanks! They're doing another one here in chicago in October. But im not signing up for it. I wanna do a quarter mile now and see my times.

Originally Posted by MYISF
Man that is friggin awesome...you have got me "pumped" about trying this...so much so that i went to see if I could register for their next event in GA in September but it is already a full field...someone needs to orgnaize an event like this in Florida!!! Thanks for sharing...
You're welcome man! It was such a good time! I definitely suggest doing this!

Originally Posted by vbb
Now THAT looks like a lot of fun. I wish they'd have something like that within 200mi of here, but I've checked and they don't.

I have no frame of reference for what is considered a fast time, but I was surprised to see that Mustang pull away like that. Do you know if it was modded? Pretty predictable results vs the 911 Turbo and the Supra with NO2. The intake and axle back that you have probably did not add a lot of HP, but when you run again with headers that definitely should make a difference. 140mph possible?
I was hoping for 135 but i barely made it. Im happy i did better than 130 though. yes! after the headers i should do over 140. How many whp do those headers add to our cars?
Old 06-24-14, 10:15 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

man, i'd love to do something like this. thanks for sharing. car sounds awesome, too!
Old 06-24-14, 01:34 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

go to see an ISF representing at this 1/2 event! great job! you might be able to hit 137-138 with headers. I'm going to be doing the one in October as of now but will have to wait and see what happens with work.
Old 06-24-14, 04:13 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what is the best setup for an ISF to be as fast as it can be running the 1/2 mile? I would assume the following:

1) I/H/E - most power u can get (NOS or SARD ECU of course would give u more)

2) Light - as can make it (no spare, remove all engine covers, 1/2 tank or less, etc...)

3) Light Wheels (18/19 in) - would this really only make a difference from initial acceleration standpoint?

4) Sticky tires - to get a good launch? Is this as important running the 1/2 mile as it is running the 1/4 mile???

5) Suspension - Is it better to be lower or would stock be the best as it was designed to be as aerodynamic as it can be?

Just wondering how to set up my car if I decide to start doing some of these events? Or if I am good the way I am?
Old 06-25-14, 09:09 AM
redb202
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BS ISF
go to see an ISF representing at this 1/2 event! great job! you might be able to hit 137-138 with headers. I'm going to be doing the one in October as of now but will have to wait and see what happens with work.
Hope you can make it! It was a ton of fun!! maybe i'll come out at watch..

Originally Posted by MYISF
So what is the best setup for an ISF to be as fast as it can be running the 1/2 mile? I would assume the following:

1) I/H/E - most power u can get (NOS or SARD ECU of course would give u more)

2) Light - as can make it (no spare, remove all engine covers, 1/2 tank or less, etc...)

3) Light Wheels (18/19 in) - would this really only make a difference from initial acceleration standpoint?

4) Sticky tires - to get a good launch? Is this as important running the 1/2 mile as it is running the 1/4 mile???

5) Suspension - Is it better to be lower or would stock be the best as it was designed to be as aerodynamic as it can be?

Just wondering how to set up my car if I decide to start doing some of these events? Or if I am good the way I am?
Definitely agree to all of that. In terms of weight, I didnt make my car lighter at all. I wonder how much difference it would make if I did remove some weight off my car. Who knows, maybe I would have hit 135!
Old 06-25-14, 09:40 AM
suprasupra
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice Job ! I am curious about the Mustang GT was he stock ?

He was pulling away pretty easily I thought our cars would give it a rougher time.

Thanks
Old 06-25-14, 12:40 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

that mustang was not stock. he is on a Chicago based forum and stated the car has: full bolt-on's, suspension and tune. he said he ran 11.20's with a DR in the 1/4. This is what his sig on that forum says:

per his sig,

*2011 Mustang 5.0 - 401a, Stock 3.73, FRPP suspension kit, Roush intake, Bassani axle back, MGW shifter, BMR LCA, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, BMR adj. PHB, Sound Tube Delete, Billet Oil Seperator, S281 Grille, Lightwerkz FXR retrofit...DD

Last edited by BS ISF; 06-25-14 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-25-14, 04:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by suprasupra
Nice Job ! I am curious about the Mustang GT was he stock ?

He was pulling away pretty easily I thought our cars would give it a rougher time.

Thanks
I was wondering the same thing

Originally Posted by BS ISF
that mustang was not stock. he is on a Chicago based forum and stated the car has: full bolt-on's, suspension and tune. he said he ran 11.20's with a DR in the 1/4. This is what his sig on that forum says:

per his sig,

*2011 Mustang 5.0 - 401a, Stock 3.73, FRPP suspension kit, Roush intake, Bassani axle back, MGW shifter, BMR LCA, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, BMR adj. PHB, Sound Tube Delete, Billet Oil Seperator, S281 Grille, Lightwerkz FXR retrofit...DD

Good to know. I would have been a little upset to find that a stock stang could pull on the F like that
Old 06-25-14, 05:19 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Just saw on the website that the alpha omega gtr did around 210mph!!
Old 06-25-14, 07:14 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, an ISF with I/H/E is def. not enough to compete with these cars that can be tuned etc...
Old 06-25-14, 07:55 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I haven't read the comments to see if this was explained or not...but...I hope that the 5.0 mustang was modded significantly to walk on you like that.

Quick Reply: Chicago Wanna Go Fast half mile event