IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS F Rotors and Pads

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-14, 11:21 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by itsmejon
i bought mine off RockAuto about 104 each for from rotors 64 each for rears plus shipping.
son of a *****...i just found 'em. Oh well, too late now. OEM rotors have already shipped out. $52 is no biggie, but that's cool to know now. Thanks!
Old 08-26-14, 07:54 PM
RMA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found their website, is Centric a good brand ? Comparable to O.E. ???

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=ncqtjiu4r7daoof8nk662grtb5
Old 08-26-14, 10:01 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^Yes, and available here:

http://speed-freaks.net/ag-177936.23...exus-is-f.html

And, they have a CL discount.

Lou
Old 08-27-14, 05:53 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
^^^^Yes, and available here:

http://speed-freaks.net/ag-177936.23...exus-is-f.html

And, they have a CL discount.

Lou
Do they have a CL discount on everything?
Old 08-27-14, 07:07 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

I bought my ISF with brakeperformance.com rotors already installed in the front. I now need rears so I went with the same company. They offer a lifetime warranty against warping and cracking. I got the OEM style cross drilled rotors for like $180 total with free shipping. My fronts seem to have a lot less dust then my brothers ISF used to have with OEM pads. I was quoted $250/rotor wholesale cost on new OEM rotors, so for $180 shipped to my door for aftermarket with a warranty I was happy.
Old 08-27-14, 10:12 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
I bought my ISF with brakeperformance.com rotors already installed in the front. I now need rears so I went with the same company. They offer a lifetime warranty against warping and cracking. I got the OEM style cross drilled rotors for like $180 total with free shipping. My fronts seem to have a lot less dust then my brothers ISF used to have with OEM pads. I was quoted $250/rotor wholesale cost on new OEM rotors, so for $180 shipped to my door for aftermarket with a warranty I was happy.
You can get a set of OEM front rotors from Sewell Lexus for $260+ shipping. $250 per is far from wholesale and is actually more expensive than buying them in person at the dealership. Who quoted you $250 per?
Old 08-27-14, 11:17 AM
RMA
Driver

Whats the difference w Centirc vs O.E. rotors ? I need to order a set of rotors shortly along w pads (Project Mu) Im thinking.
Old 08-27-14, 11:59 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by melbitoast
You can get a set of OEM front rotors from Sewell Lexus for $260+ shipping. $250 per is far from wholesale and is actually more expensive than buying them in person at the dealership. Who quoted you $250 per?

Where are you getting your info from?? Front rotors are $416/pair at sewells and rear rotors are $540.44 per pair from their site http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...-2008-364.html. Front PADS are $260 at Sewells. I paid $180 for two rear cross drilled aftermarket rotors SHIPPED to my door from brakeperformance.com with lifetime warranty against warping or cracking.

As for $250 per rear rotor being wholesale, a friend who works at a dealer quoted me that, which is still cheaper then Sewells prices ($40 cheaper then Sewells).
Old 08-27-14, 12:43 PM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ClubLexus discount chief. $290 for front rotors, $377 for rears.

$90 rotors on the F? No thanks.
Old 08-27-14, 12:55 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Reaper21

Nice, didn't know the CL discount went that low. I assume when a non-lexus dealer orders parts from a lexus dealer, "wholesale" costs aren't really "wholesale". In any case, I have the brakeperformance.com rotors on my fronts and theres no fade, no warping, no squeaks, and I beat on the ISF in 115 degree weather with no brake issues from them. I don't track the car and don't intend to so not sure if a difference will be noticed there. Still a $200 difference for the rears (which I just bought). Time will tell how they hold up, so far 10k miles on the fronts without issue.
Old 08-27-14, 03:46 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Where are you getting your info from?? Front rotors are $416/pair at sewells and rear rotors are $540.44 per pair from their site http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...-2008-364.html. Front PADS are $260 at Sewells. I paid $180 for two rear cross drilled aftermarket rotors SHIPPED to my door from brakeperformance.com with lifetime warranty against warping or cracking.

As for $250 per rear rotor being wholesale, a friend who works at a dealer quoted me that, which is still cheaper then Sewells prices ($40 cheaper then Sewells).
Yeah, make sure you sign up on Sewell as a CL member. Some of our discounts are RIDICULOUS for some parts. I have an old friend that's the Asst. Service Mgr at Sewell, and he said that's employee pricing. He checked if he could get me a better price on my rotors, and it ended up being the same as what he would pay.

New painted bumpers from Sewell are also a steal compared to having a body/paint shop respray your old one.
Old 08-27-14, 04:25 PM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested to know thoughts on the Centric rotors vs OEM ones for those of us who do light track work with the car (I'm happy with the performance of the OEM brakes but Lexus Australia thinks we print money and charges accordingly)
Old 08-27-14, 06:42 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Yeah, make sure you sign up on Sewell as a CL member. Some of our discounts are RIDICULOUS for some parts. I have an old friend that's the Asst. Service Mgr at Sewell, and he said that's employee pricing. He checked if he could get me a better price on my rotors, and it ended up being the same as what he would pay.

New painted bumpers from Sewell are also a steal compared to having a body/paint shop respray your old one.
DUDE! You're the man! I need to buy a new rear bumper for my IS-F and I was just about to start looking for it, didn't know the discounts are that crazy for members here. Thanks again!
Old 08-27-14, 07:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper21

Low price on the Internet is $285.76 for the fronts, and $371.32 for the rears. But here's the funny part, if you go to Brembo, they list Raybestos and AIMCO on their own documentation for the rotors. So, all three are made by Brembo.

Any company warranting their rotors against cracking is assuming you won't track the car. There is no rotor made the F can't crack.
Old 08-28-14, 03:39 AM
RMA
Driver

I just had a Lexus Tech look at my brakes, I have 30% left on the front pads rear is fine for a LONG time he mentioned. All he recommended was changing the front pads & that's it (but will need tires somewhat soon). So I am thinking I may go with O.E front pads or Project Mu due to less brake dust & just go with a whole new set of Michelin PSS O.E. size. 19800 miles currently on the car.

Quick Reply: IS F Rotors and Pads