IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My detailing project...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-14, 05:38 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job!! I do a major detail every other year... its a pain.
Old 07-15-14, 05:41 AM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

damn that looks awesome as hell....next time im in atlanta i will just drop mine off and let you have it ..lol that car looks badass
Old 07-15-14, 06:18 AM
Ftime
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks tmf! Just read it, sounds like great advice for when I hit it again!
Old 07-15-14, 09:37 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
thanx, man. i had forgotten that they were black, too. smh. im actually embarrassed to look at my sig cause the wheels look so bad...
WHAT AN EMBARRASSING SIG

Paint looks amazing...nice work! Sucks for me the original owner neglected the paint and there are swirls/water spots literally everywhere. But you can't tell unless you examine the paint up close.

And it's a split decision btw you and WEAPON F for the title of GREATEST LICENSE PLATE OF ALL TIME!!
Old 07-15-14, 02:11 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

wow that's impressive, can't believe your wheels are actually gloss looking at the first pic

I wish I could detail my car the way I want, but my wife gives me a hard time for just washing my car
Old 07-15-14, 02:22 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

looks good! its always hard to keep a black car that clean!
Old 07-15-14, 04:51 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

A good sealant helps to protect the car from defects etc. Also, consistent waxing, and proper methods during washing such as foaming etc to lift dirt and contaminants before you wash car with cloth is what I have seen from experience to help reduce swirls.. Also, to be honest with you that level of swirling on the car looks to be from one or multiple passes through an automated contact or brush type car wash. Great job by the way..also if you want even more clarity you can get a rotary buffer with soft LC pad and progress white to black or blue pad with some Menzerna SF4500 and its a dark compound in nature to help finely polish the surface and conceal imperfections the white Meguires compound would expose because of color of the compound itself.
Old 07-15-14, 04:53 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tgui
Good job!! I do a major detail every other year... its a pain.
Not too bad with right equipment and its a great work out lol. I wax every month, polish every three months with SF4500, and do a contamination clay bar and buff once a year as required.
Old 07-15-14, 05:16 PM
farpetrad
Pole Position

Damn nice Rick want to come show me how to get that nice of a detail on on my F? I'm moving into my new house Friday and it's not far from where the ATL F crew met up (note I missed that meet since I was sick)
Old 07-15-14, 11:24 PM
Bobbyjf34
Driver School Candidate

Great looking job Rick!

If anyone is looking for a great detailer in San Diego, I got mine done about 6 months ago from elite finish detailing. They brought my black car back to life!!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6670916&type=1
Old 07-16-14, 04:06 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by farpetrad
Damn nice Rick want to come show me how to get that nice of a detail on on my F? I'm moving into my new house Friday and it's not far from where the ATL F crew met up (note I missed that meet since I was sick)
No problem, man. I'm up that way all the time as my brother lives in the area. Just let me know when you get settled...
Old 07-16-14, 02:13 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dannyk8232

And it's a split decision btw you and WEAPON F for the title of GREATEST LICENSE PLATE OF ALL TIME!!
Hahahahaha. I love my license plate. Hard as hell to try to figure out an explanation to my brother who's a pastor.

Seems like not a day goes by that I don't look in my mirror and see someone taking a pic of it. Even walked out to the grocery store parking lot and found a group snapping pics. ::like::

Of course...they could be casing me for a robbery. ::dislike::
Old 07-16-14, 02:18 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by StealthFF
A good sealant helps to protect the car from defects etc. Also, consistent waxing, and proper methods during washing such as foaming etc to lift dirt and contaminants before you wash car with cloth is what I have seen from experience to help reduce swirls.. Also, to be honest with you that level of swirling on the car looks to be from one or multiple passes through an automated contact or brush type car wash. Great job by the way..also if you want even more clarity you can get a rotary buffer with soft LC pad and progress white to black or blue pad with some Menzerna SF4500 and its a dark compound in nature to help finely polish the surface and conceal imperfections the white Meguires compound would expose because of color of the compound itself.
Yeah man...that's the downside. I had minor swirls come back after a few washes. And I use the two bucket method. My next purchase will the Foamaster Washing Gun. Which, of course, will give me MORE side eyes from the wife. Hahahaha

Hers will get the same attention when we get they Macan...
Old 07-16-14, 06:13 PM
mrkim
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dr Rick I bet you'd get pist off when you go to your car and you see bird poo or tree sap... I hate my neighbor's tree... houses falcons and those damn helicopter seeds...