IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Tom's CF body kit - Anyone install without using all the rubber trim pieces?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-14, 09:37 PM
Kyle4207
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tom's CF body kit - Anyone install without using all the rubber trim pieces?

So i'm going to install my Tom's CF body kit and wanted to know if those of you with the kit installed used the rubber gaskets or not.

Front - rubber gasket between body and CF

Sides - rubber gasket around the bottom of the CF

Back - rubber gasket between body and CF

Anyone have close up pics of install with and/or without the gaskets?

Thanks!
Old 06-05-14, 10:05 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You definitely don't need the sides. All it does is flying off after awhile and leaving behind aged sticky double sided tape that doesn't come off easily. The front and rear can be helpful
Old 06-06-14, 04:11 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

We used the rubber gaskets on everything and it looks and fits great...I have some pictures of the install on my home computer...I will try to post some later today or tomorrow. Good luck and you will find that this kit is simple to install. TOMS did a great job with the design...
Old 06-06-14, 04:39 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed. Curious of this too
Old 06-06-14, 06:02 AM
yjk1975
Pole Position

I used the ones for the front and back. I never got any for the sides.
Old 06-06-14, 08:51 AM
Kyle4207
Driver School Candidate

All, thanks for your thoughts on this.

MYISF - Please post your pics later today or tomorrow.

Thanks!
Old 06-07-14, 01:15 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MYISF
We used the rubber gaskets on everything and it looks and fits great...I have some pictures of the install on my home computer...I will try to post some later today or tomorrow.
Well I went home and looked at the pics that I had and they are probably not going to help much but here they are anyway and I hope somehow they help:

First is the front spoiler...try to find some that showed an anlge where you could tell that there is no gap.

Tom's CF body kit - Anyone install without using all the rubber trim pieces?-avatar_1.jpg

Tom's CF body kit - Anyone install without using all the rubber trim pieces?-toms_front_1.jpg
Old 06-07-14, 01:18 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Here are a couple of the side skirts which u can only see the gaskets or tape from this angle...when the car is on the ground...you don't see it like these views...

Tom's CF body kit - Anyone install without using all the rubber trim pieces?-toms_side_1.jpg

Tom's CF body kit - Anyone install without using all the rubber trim pieces?-toms_side_2.jpg
Old 06-07-14, 01:24 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

And lastly a few of the rear diffuser showing no gaps...I still have not seen any gaps...hope it continues that way and I hope somehow these pic helped...

Tom's CF body kit - Anyone install without using all the rubber trim pieces?-toms_diffuser_1.jpg

Tom's CF body kit - Anyone install without using all the rubber trim pieces?-toms_diffuser_2.jpg
Old 06-11-14, 04:09 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

I finally got my front lip on. Hahaha what a work out, I ended up taking my bumper off.I did not use the rubber gasket at front idk mines were not sticking as they should (got it new from a member but been sitting in his garage for the past year). Only use the double sides tape tho looks great n fits great. That lip ain't coming off lol, doing the sides today hopefully the process for those is much easier
Old 06-11-14, 06:21 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Awesome...yeah that front spoiler should have been made for the car from the factory...it is on there!!! The rest of the kit fits that well also...make sure u show us some pics when u r all done!!!

Originally Posted by ULTSISF
I finally got my front lip on. Hahaha what a work out, I ended up taking my bumper off.I did not use the rubber gasket at front idk mines were not sticking as they should (got it new from a member but been sitting in his garage for the past year). Only use the double sides tape tho looks great n fits great. That lip ain't coming off lol, doing the sides today hopefully the process for those is much easier
Old 06-11-14, 06:34 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

I will def post pics on here when I get the sides on...one question are the sides only need to be drilled n use the bolts/clips provided?
Old 06-11-14, 04:48 PM
Lexgendboi
Driver

Yes, drill and clips. Thats it..
Old 06-11-14, 05:59 PM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Finally installed mines. Love it
Attached Thumbnails Tom's CF body kit - Anyone install without using all the rubber trim pieces?-image.jpg  
Old 06-11-14, 11:46 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Looks awesome.
I did not install the rubber gasket with my diffuser and everything is 100% fine.
I purchased the lip and skirts used and they came with the rubber lining pre-installed. They're also fine

I'd recommended installing the rubber for the front lip, just as a precautionary measure.
The rubber gaskets are recommended, but not required.

here's my F w/the freshly installed Tom's kit

Quick Reply: Tom's CF body kit - Anyone install without using all the rubber trim pieces?