IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Most ridiculous dealer issue ever

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-14, 06:47 AM
TheHighLow
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Most ridiculous dealer issue ever

Ok, so i don't usually post because i'm out and about enjoying the F, but my current dealership visit has hit a nerve in me.

During my 30k scheduled visit it was noted by the techs that my "aftermarket floor mats maybe negatively affecting the accelerator/its pressure." WTF!!!
I know that i shouldn't be getting upset over something ridiculous like this, but the fact that it is so ridiculous makes it harder to ignore.
I feel that this is a sneaky way to say that this caused->engine or tranny issues.
I'd like to meet the tech that wrote this in.

the mats are weathertech btw.

Do i just ignore it/address it/ask them to remove this notification.

Thanks guys
Old 06-16-14, 06:55 AM
BlackISFtx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHighLow
Ok, so i don't usually post because i'm out and about enjoying the F, but my current dealership visit has hit a nerve in me.

During my 30k scheduled visit it was noted by the techs that my "aftermarket floor mats maybe negatively affecting the accelerator/its pressure." WTF!!!
I know that i shouldn't be getting upset over something ridiculous like this, but the fact that it is so ridiculous makes it harder to ignore.
I feel that this is a sneaky way to say that this caused->engine or tranny issues.
I'd like to meet the tech that wrote this in.

the mats are weathertech btw.

Do i just ignore it/address it/ask them to remove this notification.

Thanks guys
They have to prove, that the all weather matts caused the issue for them to use that card. Total bs man. I would get that in writing. Try talking to the GM first then contact an Attorny.
Old 06-16-14, 06:59 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

If you look on your "invoice" the tech is always instructed to inspect the floor mats, to make sure they are secured correctly, and not impeding function of the pedals. To cover his own *** he probably noted your aftermarket mats in the event your accelerator gets stuck one day, etc. I wouldn't take it personally.

I would suggest you just relax a bit..lol Thinking they are going to use that as means to deny an unrelated warranty claim, is a bit of a stretch.

Last edited by Cronic; 06-16-14 at 07:03 AM.
Old 06-16-14, 07:12 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your dealer sucks @$$. Go to Lexus of Route 10. I live in NY and go an hour out of my way there because they are top notch. Been going there since I got my F three years ago.
Old 06-16-14, 07:20 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Your local pharmacy should have the Valium necessary to address your issue... EVERY TECH has been advises to inspect vehicles for aftermarket floor mats and note if they are coming in contact with the accelerator pedal. This is ALL due to people claiming "unintended acceleration" issues. All of which were directly related to poor fitting aftermarket floor liners and improper for the vehicle floor mats. THIS is why your tech made this notation, her WAS NOT trying to use this notation as some form of subterfuge.
Old 06-16-14, 10:44 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ming15237
Your local pharmacy should have the Valium necessary to address your issue... EVERY TECH has been advises to inspect vehicles for aftermarket floor mats and note if they are coming in contact with the accelerator pedal. This is ALL due to people claiming "unintended acceleration" issues. All of which were directly related to poor fitting aftermarket floor liners and improper for the vehicle floor mats. THIS is why your tech made this notation, her WAS NOT trying to use this notation as some form of subterfuge.
unless you are having engine issues or tranny issues and they are trying to use the matts to claim that they did damage I would not lose any sleep over this. Like ming said I think its a C.Y.A thing with the tech and Lexus after al, the UIA claims back in the day.
Old 06-16-14, 05:44 PM
onepointon
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 49 Posts

Was this installed over top of an OEM mat? My dealership makes us remove aftermarket mats that are either not secured, or on top of an OEM mat. Its the dealership covering themselves if you ever have a claim for SUA.

I don't understand why this made you so upset. You had an aftermarket floor mat, its a big problems for Lexus/Toyota, so they noted it. They aren't telling you that your car is defective because of the mats, more so "informing you" that this may cause an issue.

Last edited by onepointon; 06-16-14 at 05:47 PM.