RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Good article.
Old 05-22-14, 08:41 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

good article but first he said 450HP then 416hp. I imagine that he's talking about the current IS-F
Old 05-22-14, 09:22 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by tmf2004
good article but first he said 450HP then 416hp. I imagine that he's talking about the current IS-F
She... was taking about the inbound 450+ RC F.... and the now outbound 416 IS F.

I’m not surprised if its phased out... Having the 2 door RC F and more than likely 4 door GS F will be plenty..

Sticking another 4 door IS F in the new MY14 body style would just be redundant at this point.

All these true “F” models will continue to be low volume sellers for the overall brand.

~ Joe Z
Old 05-22-14, 10:19 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Very true, Joe. RC F and GS F essentially replace the IS F. The few gripes about our cars were 1) no two door offered (RC F) and 2) more rear leg room (GS F). Lexus needs to expand its F performance line, and I'm happy to see more F variants coming to fruition.

But for the IS F, a project that flew under the radar for many years, became a huge success in my opinion. No one thought Lexus was going to create a performance line to not only compete but also go toe to toe with the best in this sport sedan segment. Its engineer and team constantly tweaked and enhanced the product so that it would have the best of the sport and luxury world all wrapped into one ride. It's a great feeling to know that these past six years, we all have been a part of Lexus' forging the F heritage, and while it's a baby compared to the M or AMG heritage, in time through growth and advancement, the letter "F" will have just as powerful an impact on the automotive world as the aforementioned competition.
Old 05-22-14, 10:53 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^^^ Fo' shizzle, bnizzle....I completely agree.

As long as they don't change the name from F to something else....

Thanks OP for posting the link
Old 05-22-14, 11:04 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

ISF4LIFE isnt that rite Joez lolz
Old 05-22-14, 11:24 AM
Stuno1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't agree. The m3/c63 market is massive so why withdraw the isf ??

The gsf is a m5 competitor and xfr competitor and rcf is a m4 competitor. Having finally established a name for competing with the forenamed it seems a shame to discontinue it.

Stu
Old 05-22-14, 12:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Love the ISF but the article seems kind of average. You can tell she is not a regular auto journalist. If she is she may need to move on.

A friend of mine from high school is a Lexus ?Toyota test driver who tested the RCF and the ISF during its development and he told me that the RCF rides much better, has more grip, but does feel a little heavier. He told me it will raise the F bar

Last edited by I8ABMR; 05-22-14 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-22-14, 01:16 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Yeah, I'm bummed that Lexus Corporate seems to think that having a 4 door ISF is no longer necessary with the RCF and likely GSF "replacing" it, but as an ISF owner, I definitely don't mind the exclusivity. The "F" brand from Lexus has sold me, and likely made me a longtime customer, but if I had my choice the ISF would be the most attractive of the three to me. I want the four doors but may not want the size and expense of the GSF. Push comes to shove, when it is time to get rid of my ISF, I'll probably look at the RCF and deal with the lack of 4 doors but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what is out there when that day comes.

For now, I'm still a very satisfied ISF owner and am not bored with this car in the slightest.
Old 05-22-14, 01:49 PM
Stuno1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Yeah, I'm bummed that Lexus Corporate seems to think that having a 4 door ISF is no longer necessary with the RCF and likely GSF "replacing" it, but as an ISF owner, I definitely don't mind the exclusivity. The "F" brand from Lexus has sold me, and likely made me a longtime customer, but if I had my choice the ISF would be the most attractive of the three to me. I want the four doors but may not want the size and expense of the GSF. Push comes to shove, when it is time to get rid of my ISF, I'll probably look at the RCF and deal with the lack of 4 doors but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what is out there when that day comes.

For now, I'm still a very satisfied ISF owner and am not bored with this car in the slightest.
This is the issue. If you want practicality of 4 doors but not the price tag of a gsf.... Well there is nothing from lexus
Old 05-22-14, 02:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb

I think they are following BMW . I think the 4 door M3 was axed within 2-3 years on the last gen. Im sure sales are just slower for them. I think people who want this kind of performance don't want a sedan.
Old 05-22-14, 02:39 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vbb
I hear you and I feel like my ISF will be around me for a very long time...I love this car!

"vbb" I love that Motor Trend statement in your signature...especially seeing that I am accountant...LOL
Old 05-22-14, 03:12 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

i'm pretty sure Lexus will bring it back as a 4 door RC-F or IS-F with the specs of the 3rd Gen IS250/350...
Old 05-23-14, 04:42 AM
SatComm302
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
i'm pretty sure Lexus will bring it back as a 4 door RC-F or IS-F with the specs of the 3rd Gen IS250/350...
Let's hope...

OP: Thanks for sharing the link

Quick Reply: It's a bummer saying goodbye to Lexus ISF sports sedan- article