IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

BF Goodrich GForce Sport Comp2 Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-14, 01:22 PM
powermungr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF Goodrich GForce Sport Comp2 Tires

I have have great look with these tires. I have 15602 on them now. my understanding is that the Michelin Super sports are the preferred choice from thread observations.

Has anyone every owned these tires and driven let's about say 500+ miles and switched to something else? I feel they are great tires for LA driving. I estimate under my current driving conditions critical replacement time is about 18000 to 19000 miles.

I have found nothing by way of comparison here on these tires were not apart of the major tire thread.

Last edited by powermungr; 05-11-14 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-11-14, 02:51 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by powermungr
I have have great look with these tires. I have 15602 on them now. my understanding is that the Michelin Super sports are the preferred choice from thread observations.

Has anyone every owned these tires and driven let's about say 500+ miles and switched to something else? I feel they are great tires for LA driving. I estimate under my current driving conditions critical replacement time is about 18000 to 19000 miles.

I have found nothing by way of comparison here on these tires were not apart of the major tire thread.
You mean BFGoodrich?
Old 05-11-14, 03:19 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Continental DW, Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position are also great alternatives to Michelin PSS. Probably 90% of the performance for 66% the price according to the Tirerack test.
Old 05-11-14, 04:11 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^I have had both the Continental DW and now have the Bridgestone S-04. IMHO, The Continentals side walls are soft, and they developed a horrible road noise that I just couldn't stand.

BTW, I'm running 245/35/19 and 285/30/19. The 285 size is not available in the PSS. If you want to see my reviews - Do a Search.

Hint - I luv the S-04s

Lou
Old 05-11-14, 11:38 PM
powermungr
Rookie

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
You mean BFGoodrich?
Yes, correcting the title now. Thanks!
Old 05-12-14, 06:54 AM
Clownshoes
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position in the rears right now. 265/35-19. Good tires. MUCH less noise than the Contis...
Old 05-12-14, 01:41 PM
powermungr
Rookie

Thanks for the responses. I wish there was a way to test drive tires on our cars.
Old 05-12-14, 02:07 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

RE-11"s for me. Very good wet and dry grip. very firm side walls as well. Love these tires and I'm running 275/30. They are a heavy tire but the added performance from the conti's, hankook's and Pirelli's is worth the weight.
Old 05-14-14, 06:51 PM
powermungr
Rookie

Today - I drove a 2010 BMW 335i with Michelin Super Sports - I noticed a different turn in and brake characteristic that I don't currently have. I then drove a another 335 with S04s and found (IMO) the PSS had a softer, more immediate stop under heavy braking. The S04, I felt stopped at about the same distance but with more of a hard skip. Then again this was driving only a few highway exits and playing around briefly in open lots. This is in no way an apples to apples comparison to the F's abilities but I am out of ideas on how to evaluate tires.

I was initially looking for a direct comparison between the BF Goodrich Gforce Support Comp2 and others because that was my reference level in the F. Thanks for the replies. My journey continues. I hope that someone the future may find this helpful.
Old 06-26-14, 11:07 AM
powermungr
Rookie

OK - Bought the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and here is what I have noticed. I immediately did not like these tires. As others have remarked they initially feel weird with a lot of VSC flashing. After about 200 miles life was good, really good.

The PSS are softer and have less road noise(15 - 30% less). All though the VSC light triggers more often (as in super often) on the PSS, they corner and launch better. Now just waiting to see what wet traction is like. For the price the COMP2s are a steal and offer tremendous performance just not PSS performance.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
Old 06-26-14, 11:28 AM
Mike_1GO
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I currently have a pair of Conti's DWS on the back. soft sidewall indeed. they squeal under hard cornering and hard launches. but as far as road noise, I have no complaints at all. prior to the DWS, i had bridgestone re050s. very loud and harsh. DWS absorb impacts far better
Old 05-22-15, 08:00 AM
ISFCOBRA
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to powermungr:
How has the road noise been with these tires?

I am about to purchase a set from Discounttire.

BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2
Old 05-22-15, 08:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Anyone know if the RE11s feel like they have a stiffer sidewall than the PSS?? I love the PSS but want a but more steering response and a stiffer sidewall. Might give them a try next time around but reviews still always point to the PSS even with the RE11 being in the extreme performance category and the PSS only in the max. When I ask the tire rack reps they all say the RE11 would be better for track duty and a stiffer sidewall.
Old 02-12-16, 12:42 AM
Orthodoks
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to bring an old thread back.

I am actually on my second set of Sport Comp-2 on my IS300. These are really great tires and I'd buy them again on the IS300. Awesome in the dry and wet, handles excellent and great feedback.

I've contemplated on getting them for the ISF but didn't pull the trigger since these two cars are completely different beasts. I have Continental DWS at the moment and absolutely dread them in the wet, the tires might as well be bald. I am thinking about getting a set of PSS like most of the forum, but I am curious if anyone has had extensive experience with the Sport Comp-2 on their ISF? How do they perform compared to PSS or similar tires? Are people afraid to get these because of the lower price range and maybe that equals lower performance? I thought BFGoodrich was a subsidiary of Michelin or at least shared of some their tire technology.
Old 02-12-16, 09:25 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^Don't overlook the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position. I'm on my second set (with my new wheels) and luv them!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-position.html

And if you want to upsize, the S-04 is available in a 285/30/19 where the PSS is not.

Lou

Quick Reply: BF Goodrich GForce Sport Comp2 Tires