IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Interesting news on IS-F, GS-F and LS-F that right I said LS-F.

Old 04-29-14, 07:28 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Interesting news on IS-F, GS-F and LS-F that right I said LS-F.

My contact at lexus was attending meeting on Tuesday before autoshow began in attendance were official from Lexus Corporate, GM's, SM's, Sales etc. One of topic discussed were upcoming F models as well as other models. In this meeting they confirmed GS-F, and get this twin turbo 600 plus LS-F!!!!
Unfortunately no mention of IS-F at this time but it still doesn't rule out possibility of lexus building one in future. I guess if you want 4 door F sedan then you'll have to get GS-F or big dog LS-F.

They also confirm 4 cylinder Turbo for Is250, will 6 cylinder turbo be far behind perhaps for next gen IS-F.

So as stands now F line looks like it will consist of.
RC-F rivals M4, C63, RS5
GS-F rivals M5, E63, RS7
LS-F rivals M6 Grand coupe, S63, Panamera Turbo

Last edited by Weapon F; 04-29-14 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-29-14, 07:40 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for the update!
Old 04-29-14, 07:49 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome news!!!
Old 04-29-14, 09:54 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool deal bro
Old 04-30-14, 12:46 AM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see thats the down side about Lexus made many FFFFF then the ISF will lost the value they much stop not to put any Luxury model into F family therefore thats not a luxury car anymore and keep the ISF even more valuable
Old 04-30-14, 02:36 AM
Stuno1
Driver

Good stuff. Gsf won't be out in time at a price I can afford for my next change in 3 years though

Be gutted if they stop isf.

Lexus need this and I hope I own the first car in what will become a fantastic brand.

Last edited by Stuno1; 04-30-14 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-30-14, 05:37 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

There maybe several reasons why lexus elected not to produce IS-F at this time one maybe they don't want IS-F to cannibalize Sale's from RC-F, especially it IS-F turns out to be less expensive than RC-F.

By launching RC-F but itself it's has no internal competition. Once the RC-F has established itself as contender in this segment maybe they will release it's stable mate first true F model IS-F.

Last edited by Weapon F; 04-30-14 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-30-14, 05:55 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Hmm, curious decision by Lexus to make an LS-F instead of another IS-F, if this is accurate information. As an ISF owner, I'm not upset by this at all, but I still see it as being a curious decision. You would think they'd want a M3 competitor, M4 competitor and M5 competitor (ISF, RCF, GSF). And yes, I know they are not looking at BMW as their benchmark, but those cars fit a nice category of buyers. The best news for me is that I should have a few options to choose from when I finally get ready to replace my ISF. If you're into Japanese sport luxury, the F line is it.

An LS-F is going to be a heck of a flagship car, I just don't know how many of them they'll be able to sell. Talk about rare... I be they sell less than 1,000 of those per year in the US, if that.
Old 04-30-14, 06:10 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm betting most likely there will will be RC-F four door that will replace the IS-F. both models share somewhat of the same body lines and the popular fenders most recognizable On the F line.

I don't see why they would have 2 models unless they just keep is as a coupe.
Old 04-30-14, 06:35 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

So long as they're coming out with more true F-performance vehicles, I will be okay with this move. I'm so tired of this F-sport crap. It's a freakin' poser that devalues all the work that went into the original F. Am I alone in this thought?
Old 04-30-14, 06:54 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by melbitoast
So long as they're coming out with more true F-performance vehicles, I will be okay with this move. I'm so tired of this F-sport crap. It's a freakin' poser that devalues all the work that went into the original F. Am I alone in this thought?
well I agree that the F sport should be a little more unique more so than it already is. for example. make it a little enticing by adding a few more ponies under the hood . For example the GS has had the same 306 HP engine since 2007. I think everyone thought that the engine would change in 2013 but it didn't .
Old 04-30-14, 07:34 AM
torxuvin
Pole Position

It's all about the $$$. The F-sport goes towards the business case that pays for the true F cars. So it's quite the opposite. The germans have been doing it for years.
Old 04-30-14, 10:25 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Originally Posted by tmf2004
well I agree that the F sport should be a little more unique more so than it already is. for example. make it a little enticing by adding a few more ponies under the hood . For example the GS has had the same 306 HP engine since 2007. I think everyone thought that the engine would change in 2013 but it didn't .
Exactly. Tuned exhaust that you cannot hear. Upgraded suspension that will never be tested or used properly. And the same engine. What's the point? Besides being better looking than the standard model (at least IMO), I just don't get the enticement to the F-Sport models. Maybe that's because I know what the real F is; therefore, my perception is very skewed.

Originally Posted by torxuvin
It's all about the $$$. The F-sport goes towards the business case that pays for the true F cars. So it's quite the opposite. The germans have been doing it for years.
I think you may have misunderstood what I meant by "devalue". I meant that b/c the F-Sport package really doesn't add much in the way of performance, people do not truly appreciate the real F. The real F is an incredible machine that too few people know about; however, the F-Sport crap is advertised and marketed like crazy and has much better recognition. Therefore, when F-Sports get their asses handed to them by other cars, it indirectly brings the real F down b/c people do not recognize the difference the majority of the time. Hope that clears it up.
Old 04-30-14, 10:31 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Exactly. Tuned exhaust that you cannot hear. Upgraded suspension that will never be tested or used properly. And the same engine. What's the point? Besides being better looking than the standard model (at least IMO), I just don't get the enticement to the F-Sport models. Maybe that's because I know what the real F is; therefore, my perception is very skewed.

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant by "devalue". I meant that b/c the F-Sport package really doesn't add much in the way of performance, people do not truly appreciate the real F. The real F is an incredible machine that too few people know about; however, the F-Sport crap is advertised and marketed like crazy and has much better recognition. Therefore, when F-Sports get their asses handed to them by other cars, it indirectly brings the real F down b/c people do not recognize the difference the majority of the time. Hope that clears it up.
But that also works the other way when somebody thinks they'll smoke your car in their v6 mustang or charger and you humiliate them in front of their lady passenger
Old 04-30-14, 12:13 PM
Clownshoes
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I love my ISF, I am not going to buy anther Lexus performance car until the cut the uncrackable ECU BS.

Hey, Lexus!! Pull your heads out and face the fact that people who buy perfromace cars want to tune them!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interesting news on IS-F, GS-F and LS-F that right I said LS-F.