so here i am searching and serching

and my goal is

any after market wheel that weight max same as what i have
or less the better

and thinking about stay in 19 inch area but may consider 20
i drop my car with swift spring i do not plan to roll my fender or rubbing

and here is two brand i looked at one is volk and other is advans
but the price range for this wheels are around volks m adnvans are 3500 +

is there any other wheel brand can you guys provide me some info ?

hoestly isf is a heavy car and for me wheel is just for look
and tires i am happy with my current oem or i can get PSS for the tire
but i do not wish to spend too much as 3500 starting wheels

any suggest ? if u have a pic of the wheels that you have idea on please post some pic too

thank you
Old 04-26-14, 05:29 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you really like your OEM rims, how about you keep them and add spacers
Old 04-26-14, 05:33 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah get spacers to get it more flush. If you like the OEM wheels a lot and don't want to spend big $$$, keep them. Don't give in to peer pressure!
Old 04-26-14, 05:55 PM
yishin
Driver

Originally Posted by edgeucated
If you really like your OEM rims, how about you keep them and add spacers
yea but i heard about adding spacer mess many things like handling and take much risk no ?>
Old 04-26-14, 07:29 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

2012+ ISF wheels look great. I'd keep them and consider adding 10 or 15mm spacers. There have been incidents with spacers, but if you aren't tracking you should be fine. Then again, with your 500whp, you may want to do some research and get more opinions. If you do decide to go aftermarket, Volk G25 are my favorite, which I think would run around 4k. I'm not sure of the weight, but I'd bet they are a little lighter than the stock BBS.

Marn's IS-F - Swift Springs and 15mm spacers:

Haydog's G25s:
Old 04-26-14, 09:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I am on the fence as well. Wheels or spacers...wheels or spacers. I really like the factory wheels but hate the offset.
Old 04-26-14, 10:14 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Personally, I love the look of 19s on the F. While 20s may create a fuller look in the wheel wells, the performance aspect is isn't there. I've seen some of my friends with 20s try to take a sharp turn, and the precision doesn't seem to be there with the turning radius. I know that it's hard to choose high quality brands and still have them be affordable because it's simply not wheels and tires- you have to also factor in another set of TPMS, camber arms, suspension, rolling/cutting fenders, lug nuts, hubcentric rings, installation, mounting, balancing, and alignment.

I actually consulted with haydog on offsets and sizing, as we have the same wheel, just different finish. We both were really drawn to these wheels. To me, the Volk Racing G25s were one of the few wheels that I considered to replace my samurai blade 08-09 wheels. Weight-wise, my 19s came out to 19 lbs in the fronts and 19.5 in the rear. Superb rotational weight loss at the wheels. They just suit the car nicely. Of course, this is solely my opinion, but given the offsets RAYS has for these wheels, they are priced right in comparison to other forged monoblock wheels available without going full customization.

If you're looking for some wheels, I'd first try the classifieds here. Most enthusiasts who mod their cars take great care of their wheels, and many move onto new wheels. So it's an option to see what's available in the market. After that, if you're set on a certain wheel brand or design, the best best would be to budget for them. Yeah to some, they're just wheels, while to others, it continues to define the car and only enhances the look even more. Both Volk Racing and Advan are great wheel brands, but because they are well known and at the top of most looking for aftermarket wheels, the price doesn't seem to budge much. A great alternative, and one that some F members have chosen, are WedsSport wheels. Great designs and budget friendly for one who wants aftermarket wheels.

Best of luck, and continue enjoying your F!
Old 04-27-14, 06:05 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

yishin, i think your car looks great with the oem wheels painted black
Old 04-27-14, 07:30 AM
yishin
Driver

Originally Posted by scamsel
yishin, i think your car looks great with the oem wheels painted black
hmmm i get too much " u are missing the wheel " statement

is not at the edge of pissing me off .... stressful.....

i looked at the post or pic with spacer look very nice

but again... i dont track my car at this moment but

I will track my car few times a year... and recently i looked at a joez post or reply he is not in the idea

of adding a spacer. many ppl told me spacer is look only but if i have to take the risk being crash or

something i rather go for actual wheel....damn wheels are expensive .... -_- than i thought
Old 04-27-14, 07:49 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just one ISF owners 2 cents but I have gone around and around about wheels for months and back to your OP u have to decide what u want (performance or looks...ie fitment) and like u said how much do u want to spend. I almost pulled the trigger on Volk G25 20 in wheels a couple of times because how they fill the wheel well without dropping or rolling fenders and they r light weight like the OEM wheels...however, with PSS, I was looking at close to $7.5K installed...dang! So me and my wheel guy played around with some fitments...like we tried to get a 19in (9.5) concave wheel to fit all the way around. Did not like the risk (rubbing, etc...) and would have needed to spend more money (coil overs, adjustable camber arms, etc...) just to get it to work. Soon right back close to $7K...dang. So after many discussions, searches online, and banging my head I found the Vossen CV3 and me and my wheel guy talked to them on the phone about fitment (talked to other companies as well) and for me personally this is the prefect fit for what I wanted!!! Now I have read a few negative comments here and there about Vossen (too popular I guess) but I have not read anything bad about build and they come with a 5 year warranty if that is important to you? Anyway I can say FOR SURE that since installing the CV3 wheels, the reaction to our ISF has changed tremedously and I have to admit that it has converted the look of this car more into what it really is...a bad azz 4 door Lexus...good luck with your search and I hope I have helped

opinion on isf wheels-cv3_1a.jpg

Last edited by MYISF; 04-27-14 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-27-14, 10:34 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,511 Likes on 655 Posts

Mine on stock, no spacers. (Spacers are safe if you do it right, get longer wheels studs and use plain spacers, not the ones that come with studs).
And then on advan rg-d's. Lowered on swift springs on both pictures. Advans are 19x9 and 19x10 and so much lighter.
Attached Thumbnails opinion on isf wheels-stock.jpg   opinion on isf wheels-advan.jpg  

Last edited by JT2MA71; 04-27-14 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-27-14, 11:42 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
Advans are 19x9 and 19x10 and so much lighter.
I looked hard at the Advans also...from a performance standpoint...top notch. I just wanted a different look and don't plan to track my car any time soon.
Old 04-27-14, 12:50 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Advans are 19x9 and 19x10 and
What offset and tire size? They look great!

Any rubbing on the swifts?
Old 04-27-14, 01:16 PM
yishin
Driver

Mine on stock, no spacers. (Spacers are safe if you do it right, get longer wheels studs and use plain spacers, not the ones that come with studs).
And then on advan rg-d's. Lowered on swift springs on both pictures. Advans are 19x9 and 19x10 and so much lighter.
hey thanks for the info

you told me about the spacers are sage if i do it right ?

what brand of spacer would you recommend ? and what other parts should i order to

finish this spacer mod do it right ? and my car is lowered with swift spring all around
so even i put the spacer i would not rub or roll fender any right ?
Old 04-27-14, 02:35 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,511 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Cronic
What offset and tire size? They look great!

Any rubbing on the swifts?
235 40 fronts and 265 35 rears. All wheels are 35 offset. Rear fenders needed mild roll. Rears rub on the fender liner when bottoming out only.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: opinion on isf wheels