Old 04-24-14, 06:54 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by yishin
but here is the thing guys

for the NOS

you guys do need to know
when you have a habit of spray here n there trust me you gonna empty your bottle fast
no matter i dont use a lot statement
but every 3 bottle you need to check for your spark plug condition because they go bad real fast
so basically at 3 or at 4 bottle you need to swap your spark plugs
i know denso is a good plugs but
i personally like the NGK laser Ir plugs and our car takes 8 -_- and plus the labor unless u know how to swap um
but hey if u dont like the 400 whp which is pretty fine but for a realy fast few second of feeling from 500whp
go for it...
just dont install nos too hardcore like direct to the engine just a intake pipe is fine
jsut my 2cents

spark plugs is not fun to change on these cars. its not hard but its somewhat time consuming if you dont want to scratch things up and properly torque all plugs to spec. thanks for pointing this out
Old 04-24-14, 07:06 PM
Cobra1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great feedback guys. Much appreciated.
Honestly the headers scare me somewhat based on the constant post containing cel issues.
All in all it seems the headers are the best bang
Old 04-25-14, 05:01 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Headers don't drone, some exhaust systems do. Headers will magnify the drone in an exhaust system that already has drone, but the addition of headers to an exhaust system that doesn't drone will not add drone to that system.

Lou
Agreed. I guess it depends how sensitive a person is to drone, but after installing the PPE headers, what little drone my Borla system had, went away. Headers tend to give the car a deeper sound, more than anything...a little bass in the voice.
Old 04-25-14, 07:19 AM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Headers was the greatest thing I did for the car, performance wise....did not have CEL issues (I'm running PPE with Magnaflow high flow cats). Sounds incredible with the Borla catback.

NOS is probably a bit too hardcore for me, the car is quick enough, I'm now focusing on tightening on tightening the nut behind the wheel :-)
Old 05-06-14, 02:17 PM
abohler
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra1
My "F" is a daily driver so really thinking of binary controls.
Really like Abohler set up, ready to go at anytime at the flip of a switch.
I really think it depends like some of the other users stated on type of driving. I was going for biggest power boost for best price. Gained 110 HP at the wheels, and about 150TQ at the wheels. The one plus is since everything is electronically controlled there is almost no room for error. You just won't see those types of numbers spending the same amount of money on a header swap.