IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Does RC-F offer enough benefit over the IS-F to justify jumping into it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-14, 10:48 AM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am in a similar position, at least so far the rcf looks like a slightly faster, coupe version of the isf with a better interior. To me that doesn't justify getting rid of my F that is modded to my liking. Stingrays just look god awful IMO, and GTR's are over valued used and pricey new. Really hoping the ft1 finally gives us an import sportscar that isn't 100k and looks good.
Old 04-21-14, 11:17 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by WillRockwe
HP for the RC-F is 450, not 350. I got my F because I needed a luxury car to fit into the new neighborhood, but didn't want to lose performance. The RC-F is not as friendly to back seat passengers, so would not be an option. I do have an extra slot in the garage, and would love to fill it with an FT-1
The only people sitting behind me would have to be amputees .lol
Old 04-21-14, 12:03 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joshhleee
I was ready to sell my car for a new stingray, but they don't let you test drive the car before hand so that choice was gone.I think the stingray is the best bang for the buck.. but anyways to get to the op's thread, I think for the price the RC-F is not worth jumping into immediately, for 80k you're also talking about getting the new m3/m4 which has a lot better number then the RCF.
LOL Josh, there is no actual number other than the HP and TQ figure from the M3/M4. They are still disputing about the actual weight of the car over at the M forums as we speak. You can't claim better numbers when there is no actual real data or comparison from both cars. Until then, don't jump the gun to either camps, that's just my opinion anyways.
Old 04-21-14, 01:09 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

With carbon package of RC F around 80k is not that bad , life is too short, pay and play man. You can get RC F right now and enjoy it couple of years and wait for FT-1 coming out.
Old 04-21-14, 06:42 PM
yishin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am really in a boat of thinking about RCF
i Currently fully modded ? or almost ? 2014 ISF....

70k heave UN-ecu tuneable car again ? answer is hell no... isf v8 sedan is just fine

I am fishing around either the vett base or if i wanna dump more money i wait for new z06 ? not sure the name but supercharger one..

am i gonna pack my garage with TRD family look ?
either the ISF for wife and vett for me or

If i want to risk mod again then it is the FRS with fully mod I will drop 2J in that thing not the turbo the oem engine. thats the way to go. with all the wide body and etc..i will have hell of street car. yet may track or drag
either way RCF ? nah...
Old 04-21-14, 07:10 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by WillRockwe
HP for the RC-F is 450, not 350. I got my F because I needed a luxury car to fit into the new neighborhood, but didn't want to lose performance. The RC-F is not as friendly to back seat passengers, so would not be an option. I do have an extra slot in the garage, and would love to fill it with an FT-1
Expect much more than 450 HP.
Old 04-21-14, 07:10 PM
Endgame
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yishin
I am really in a boat of thinking about RCF
i Currently fully modded ? or almost ? 2014 ISF....

70k heave UN-ecu tuneable car again ? answer is hell no... isf v8 sedan is just fine

I am fishing around either the vett base or if i wanna dump more money i wait for new z06 ? not sure the name but supercharger one..

am i gonna pack my garage with TRD family look ?
either the ISF for wife and vett for me or

If i want to risk mod again then it is the FRS with fully mod I will drop 2J in that thing not the turbo the oem engine. thats the way to go. with all the wide body and etc..i will have hell of street car. yet may track or drag
either way RCF ? nah...
I agree with this logic. I am thinking of keeping my ISF, upgrading the wife to a new Sequoia when they drop, getting the girls a FRS, and maybe getting the new Z06 or Supra if/when that drops.
Old 04-21-14, 07:18 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by joshhleee
I was ready to sell my car for a new stingray, but they don't let you test drive the car before hand so that choice was gone.I think the stingray is the best bang for the buck.. but anyways to get to the op's thread, I think for the price the RC-F is not worth jumping into immediately, for 80k you're also talking about getting the new m3/m4 which has a lot better number then the RCF.
What numbers? There is nothing really out that substantially documents the M4's performance. I will say that the new M sounds like crap...they did a terrible job tuning the exhaust.

If the new RCF hugs the road and responds to acceleration anything like the GT3, the leap will be easy to make. With that said, I love the ISF.
Old 04-21-14, 07:27 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

RCF is not enough car in comparison to ISF.

If I go for a coupe, 997 carrera GTS my choice anyday.
Attached Thumbnails Does RC-F offer enough benefit over the IS-F to justify jumping into it?-garrera-gts.jpg   Does RC-F offer enough benefit over the IS-F to justify jumping into it?-rc-f.jpg  

Last edited by Rossi; 04-21-14 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-21-14, 11:09 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,472 Posts

Same uncrackable ECM? Same inalterable wheel alignment? Same "you can't left foot brake this car without spinning into the weeds"? No thanks. I have my last Lexus in the garage right now. It's compromised enough as it is.
Old 04-22-14, 06:50 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
What numbers? There is nothing really out that substantially documents the M4's performance. I will say that the new M sounds like crap...they did a terrible job tuning the exhaust.
THis. It sounds like my weedwacker. Best sounding bimmers are the V10's in the older M6 and e60 M5
Old 04-22-14, 07:32 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

The RC-F is gonna have more HP but isn't gonna be substantially faster than the IS-F. an extra 30 hp really means .1-.2 seconds faster. I would rather invest when it becomes at LEAST a full second faster (0-60 in under 4 seconds). The RC-F is cool but i would wait to see if there are really any real tuning options for the car. 450hp is not fun if you cant squeeze a little more out of it.

I would say its worth a wait for a year or two before investing in one
Old 04-22-14, 08:14 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
The RC-F is cool but i would wait to see if there are really any real tuning options for the car.
This would be nice but the 2URGSE in the F could not be tuned in the 6 years it was out, so i highly doubt the RCF would be tuneable...
Old 04-22-14, 08:31 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

untill the car is released and we get to hear from some actual drivers il be in my isf
Old 04-22-14, 10:37 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Am fully bolted like you, Weapon. Like you, I am wondering if the RC-F will offer enough to rationalize the purchase. What is enough for me?
1)less than 4 seconds 0-60
2)minimum 480 crank HPS
3) faster on the track than the 2012 IS-F by a minimum of 9 to 10 seconds. They say the M4 is faster than the M3 by 10 seconds on Nurburgring.
4) Less than 77 K price tag.

If the RCF is all these, then am 100% sold. 3 of 4 on anyone of these, I am 75% sure...etc..

Last edited by Lexura1414; 04-22-14 at 10:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Does RC-F offer enough benefit over the IS-F to justify jumping into it?