IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F: 6yrs later, Who's laughing now

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-14, 10:29 AM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS-F: 6yrs later, Who's laughing now

As I sit at my desk "doing work" I occasionally surf the web for more IS-F goodies,comparisons etc, and alot of times I come across old posts in other car forums when the IS-F was first introduced. I was amazed reading all the misinformation, lies, speculations, assumptions, and comparisons, etc....In others it was a free for all, talking about the performance , styling, transmission, etc......Here we are 6 years later and the IS-F proved to make all those fanboys eat the words or better yet tuck their tails and better yet their car brands follow suit with exhaust tips,7 to 8 speed transmissions and other styling cures and technology following suit.....All I want to say is great job Lexus on the first go round..I cant wait to see the RC-F
Old 04-17-14, 02:51 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Yeah, euro fan boys kept harping about the 8 speed transmission. Now the 3 series have the same 8 speed. Honda even has a 9 speed coming.
Old 04-17-14, 03:24 PM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

It was even on the Pontiac G8 forums. Now that threw me for a loop. Reading all the hate just makes me enjoy my IS-F even more. Its definitely entertainment and good for laughs....ignorance is bliss....These are the same type of people that I get so much satisfaction from when I spank them..so far my kill list is stacking up fast.....
Old 04-17-14, 04:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

One of the reasons I love Lexus is how they consistently make German car fan boys eat their words...year.......after year
Old 04-17-14, 04:36 PM
JM51526
Driver

Before I even got plates for my car I was on the local SCCA forum preparing for Solo2 events. The respect and downright lust for the IS F was overwhelming. I've only done two events so far, and at each one I've had several people come up to talk with me about it after seeing (and HEARING) it on the course.

What amazes me is that while many "car guys" know about and like the IS F, there are as many that haven't a clue that it exists, or that Lexus ever built a true V8 sporting car.

I must admit, however, that until I bought my LS400 back in September I had no idea the IS F even existed. I fell in love with the build quality of the LS, and had been looking to get into sports cars for a while. This forum introduced me to the IS F, and all thoughts of a 2015 Mustang evaporated (I would never consider a late model German car as I plan on keeping my car a long time, and you know what they say about a european car out of warrantee...).

I couldn't be happier with my choice, and I'll likely not sell unless I can get an RC F used in a few years for a good price.
Old 04-17-14, 04:37 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ISF is definetly a car that does not get a lot of respect...well...until you get F'd by one...LMAO

I followed a Obsidian one home tonight on I-75 (I was in my daily grind). It was a totally stock ISF but it still looks mean as...well u know! And as I looked around at other cars on the road with us I thought how most of them probably don't even realize how bad *** of a car it is...

I actually LOVE that about the ISF...how it has a low profile until u put your foot in it...

Last edited by MYISF; 04-28-14 at 06:27 AM.
Old 04-17-14, 06:14 PM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

After spanking a Mustang GT the other night the guy pulls up next to me at the next light and asks " what the hell kind of Lexus is that"? I said its just an IS-F, then asks what have I done to it...I told him I was stock and then proceeded with beatdown number 2 when the light turned green. he gave the thumbs up and yell badass as I turned off.....I love the stealth of this car!!!
Old 04-17-14, 06:59 PM
kdm
Pole Position

A true sleeper!
Old 04-17-14, 07:21 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

During a Cars and Coffee last year, I caught a few guys underneath my car checking the stacked exhaust. I sensed that they were haters, so I immediately told them that the Ferrari California has the same design exhaust. They revealed that they were part of the Audi part of C and C. I shot back, " yeah, I owned an A4 cab in the past and an A5 convertible currently and I AM FAMILIAR with how RELIABLE they are. They left in a hurry...LOL!!
Old 04-17-14, 08:51 PM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I traded mine for a GTR 2 weeks ago then was driving around town in the new car and saw a white ISF turn in front of me (considering there are like 5 ISF's in Nebraska it's kind of a big deal to ever see one on the road) and I instantly found myself gawking at it and admiring how good it looks.

I want one again already and it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet.
Old 04-17-14, 08:53 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

yesterday when i was with my co-worker at the coffee place there are some Asian kids standing next to my car n taken picture with my car i was like OK whatever ya do plx just dun scratches hehehehe
Old 04-17-14, 08:56 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by daedalus
I traded mine for a GTR 2 weeks ago then was driving around town in the new car and saw a white ISF turn in front of me (considering there are like 5 ISF's in Nebraska it's kind of a big deal to ever see one on the road) and I instantly found myself gawking at it and admiring how good it looks.

I want one again already and it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet.
And am sure he was checking you out in his rear view mirror.

On a side note, how do you compare the two cars? I am also thinking of upgrading to the GT-R. How is the ride comparison? Which feels heavier? etc....

Last edited by Lexura1414; 04-17-14 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-17-14, 08:59 PM
BluISF
Rookie

So glad Lexus came out with this car. She is a bad mama jama.
Old 04-17-14, 09:44 PM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
And am sure he was checking you out in his rear view mirror.

On a side note, how do you compare the two cars? I am also thinking of upgrading to the GT-R. How is the ride comparison? Which feels heavier? etc....
ISF feels lighter... more nimble. Much more fun around town, sounds so much better. Has a lot more personality than the GTR. GTR is just a really soulless washing machine that can corner at quintuple the posted speed limit without breaking a sweat. But for normal driving you can't get anywhere near it's capabilities which makes it just seem numb compared to the ISF.

The ISF would go sideways anywhere and sound amazing doing so. Always can put a smile on your face. The GTR doesn't make me giggle like the ISF did. Weird sidenote... the GTR is massive. I swear it's almost as long as the ISF and it's way wider. Makes my 996TT look like a miata next to it.

GTR ride in comfort mode is pretty bang on to the OEM 2010 ISF suspension. In normal or R mode it's a lot stiffer.
Old 04-17-14, 09:54 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It might not be the fastest. It might not be everyone's cup of tea. And it might not even be as mod friendly in comparison to its direct opponents. But it sure is a force to be reckoned with. The lengths Lexus has come to produce and develop more sport-oriented luxury vehicles is outstanding. There wasn't a single compromise in my opinion for the IS F when it first came out. And year by year, there were tweaks to appease the consumer and also continue being competitive in this segment.

Lexus began its F performance pedigree with the IS F, and I am proud to own such a vehicle. I still get inquiries about what it really is and to those who are really intrigued, I oblige to help them understand the vehicle and its properties. I'm certainly not a fanboy by any means, as I can recognize the strengths and selling points of the other products in this class, but with Lexus, one can finally have his cake and eat it too without that compromise or settling. Cheers to the F family, as we've represented the beginning of this F heritage well. Long live the IS F!

Quick Reply: IS-F: 6yrs later, Who's laughing now