Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

21:1. I would be like, "How is this thing even running right now?"
Old 06-02-14, 11:33 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cronic
It's equally as "fanboy-ish" not to be able to admit something negative because it's on the car you own/love so much.

The fake tips are pretty silly. Lol

I was at the dyno two weeks ago and noticed the two operators staring/pointing at the screen, then checking the wideband. I walked over and saw afr was like 21:1 and was like "uh Yea you gotta shove the probe deeper into the exhaust, because those tips are fake" lol felt like an idiot.
I think that is strictly an opinion about the tips being silly. I can see how someone may think that but I can also see how others may not have an issue with it.

Now what is silly is that the IS350 has ventilated seats but they removed that from the F...WTF?!?!
Old 06-02-14, 11:49 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
I think that is strictly an opinion about the tips being silly. I can see how someone may think that but I can also see how others may not have an issue with it.

Now what is silly is that the IS350 has ventilated seats but they removed that from the F...WTF?!?!
I think any argument in favor of fake tips is reaching. lol But that is just my opinion

The ventilated seats are definitely something I miss from my ls430 though..heh
Old 06-02-14, 01:37 PM
stratman
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I knew that the IS F was ahead of its time when I first started looking at them. When I first drove the '09 IS F and the '09-'010 M3 I felt that the IS F was a much more tractable daily driver without being high strung like the M3. Though much is written on how the M3 is a great track car but the reality is it rewards experienced drivers but can be dangerous in the hands of a novice whereas the IS F (from what I have read from personal accounts) is much more forgiving and is just as fast as the M3. The early C63 ('09-'011) will smoke both in a straight line but lacked the tracking ability of the M3 though it beat the early IS F years. Just too much torque from what I understand and the tires are too narrow for its weight. Now, I traded in my '12 IS F for a '13 C63 sedan and I can say at this point, with 1700 or so miles on it, that it handles as well as the IS F in the places I drove the IS F in a spirited manner, is as comfortable and the quality is up to the IS F. But it is a bit of old school too as it still has pop up door openers, the gas pedal is attached to the floor board and the gauge cluster also looks like something from the past. I personally like this and is why I traded the IS F for the C63. However, this does not take away from the fact that the IS F is an amazing machine and I personally feel that it will be a collectible in the future. In the meantime please, all of you IS F owners, enjoy a truly great Japanese hotrod. I truly wish I could have kept mine but it was not feasible at this time. By the way, someone on this forum purchased it "sight unseen" from the dealership I trade it in for the C63. He is going to really be pleased when he gets it (shipped from CA to FL).