IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Go pro on isf

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-14, 03:16 AM
yishin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go pro on isf

Hey guys i pulled the trigger on go cam i am bit cheapo so i hot the hero 3 white edition for isf
But last night i was testing the camera. In my living room
When i listen to my teat clip from my phone app go pro app or from my computer i hear this very loud electric noise ? From the movie mp4 that i recorded via go pro
Any ideas?
And where is best place to mount go pro outside of isf?
Old 04-17-14, 06:06 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by yishin
Hey guys i pulled the trigger on go cam i am bit cheapo so i hot the hero 3 white edition for isf
But last night i was testing the camera. In my living room
When i listen to my teat clip from my phone app go pro app or from my computer i hear this very loud electric noise ? From the movie mp4 that i recorded via go pro
Any ideas?
And where is best place to mount go pro outside of isf?
You can put it anywhere you want to.....but because you bought the base model, and not the Autosports edition, you probably did not get....Waterproof case & Suction cup mounts.

I have attached mine to the rear bumper, the roof, the side mirror, the front hood, the front glass etc....I even put it in the fog light opening, using the peel and stick mount.

You need to hit the store again and pick up the mounting accessories kit, for better options.

As for feedback...too close to the TV set, computer or your phone? The audio should be crystal clear.

Here is my Go Pro mounted to the fog light housing on a track day - not really a practical position for street driving though.....

The best thing to do is test many different angles and locations till you find the one that is right for you

Digger08
Old 04-17-14, 06:45 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

I mount my black on the rear c-pillar window. works awesome.
Old 04-17-14, 08:39 AM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by digger08
You can put it anywhere you want to.....but because you bought the base model, and not the Autosports edition, you probably did not get....Waterproof case & Suction cup mounts.

I have attached mine to the rear bumper, the roof, the side mirror, the front hood, the front glass etc....I even put it in the fog light opening, using the peel and stick mount.

You need to hit the store again and pick up the mounting accessories kit, for better options.

As for feedback...too close to the TV set, computer or your phone? The audio should be crystal clear.

Here is my Go Pro mounted to the fog light housing on a track day - not really a practical position for street driving though.....

The best thing to do is test many different angles and locations till you find the one that is right for you

Digger08
Bill, whats that cable for? Incase it falls from the mount so that it doesnt go any where?
Old 04-17-14, 09:32 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
Bill, whats that cable for? Incase it falls from the mount so that it doesnt go any where?
No its the remote microphone mounted to the rear of the car. Covered in foam....no wind noise on the track...just the exhaust note

Digger08
Old 04-17-14, 11:38 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 670 Likes on 591 Posts

I use the suction cup, its the beset bang for the buck for the go pro car users. Sticks pretty much anywhere you want it to and you don't have to worry about it since it's super strong.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-17-14, 04:53 PM
yishin
Driver

ok guys is it for real ?
if you use go pro on public road or highway or subdivision while you drive in and out

is this illegal ?
i mean the motorcycle police officer told me other cop may give me ticket or make me remove the thing
cos due to the person / invidisual privacy ? like not getting their constant of video taping ?

is this true or horse !@#$ ?
Old 04-17-14, 09:57 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 670 Likes on 591 Posts

People have dashcams & stuff, doubt its illegal.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-17-14, 10:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

I recently got the black edition for my first track day. I think the interior glass is the best over all, but the rear driver side window is good if you have an extension arm. Many guys at the track were mounting it on the sunroof glass. I dig the idea of putting on the lower bumper next to the fog light. Great idea!