IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

All IS-F owners without A2DP I found the god sent solution.

Old 04-15-14, 03:09 AM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default All IS-F owners without A2DP I found the god sent solution.

So, my issue has been , I hate to hook up my phone to the Vias tech cable, so what options are there? Not a hell of a lot, well none as easy as this.

http://airenabler.qnology.com/faq

This will even allow you to stream pandora, and pause music automatically when a call comes in. The only downside I can see is that, there aren't controls to operate the wheel buttons, but if you are like me and using the lighting adapter anyways, half of the time it doesn't even work.

Sooooo your welcome!

I'm installing one of these in my supra and adding BT as well for hands free calls!
Old 04-15-14, 07:13 AM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for linking that. Just ordered mine!
Old 04-15-14, 08:52 AM
anAgent
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet, thanks for sharing. It's pretty cool. The only downside for Android is you need a rooted phone. Of course, not a show stopper.
Old 04-15-14, 10:10 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice, its essentially a travel router with aux out. My company is making a similar product except with a repeater and (in-home) solution.

Very interesting concept to market this as a pure car audio solution
Old 04-15-14, 11:51 AM
Stuno1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this is audio only?
Music to be controlled from phone still?
Will my phone connect automatically to it?

Does connecting via wifi offer much better sound than connecting via a wireless Bluetooth device? I currently use a uplay puc and have to connect every time I use it and there is some buzzing in the feed.
Old 04-15-14, 01:35 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So what is the advantage over just plugging my iphone/ipod into the aux jack in the armrest? The reviews for this thing are incredible, so I must be missing something obvious.

TIA
Old 04-15-14, 02:10 PM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the Belkin Aircast Auto, this thing is great. I have it mounted just above the aircon control so it looks like it's part of the car. Single click to pause/play, double click to skip tracks. Perfect solution for the ISF. The only downside is that it replaces the calling function of the car.

http://www.gadgetguy.com.au/product/...-aircast-auto/
Old 04-15-14, 02:42 PM
zazzn
Instructor

Originally Posted by Stuno1
So this is audio only?
Music to be controlled from phone still?
Will my phone connect automatically to it?

Does connecting via wifi offer much better sound than connecting via a wireless Bluetooth device? I currently use a uplay puc and have to connect every time I use it and there is some buzzing in the feed.
Yes audio, BT still goes through the car, like normal!! You don't have to turn off the WIFI eaither to get BT and since there is no DNS on the router your LTE is still active allowing you to stream pandora and what not though airplay.

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
So what is the advantage over just plugging my iphone/ipod into the aux jack in the armrest? The reviews for this thing are incredible, so I must be missing something obvious.

TIA
No wires, no need to connect it at all, wifi picks up when it boots up, lossless instead of A2DP BT which has lots of loss. Anyone that gets in the car can just airplay to the unit if they connect to the wifi. By default it's set to open.

Originally Posted by RecursiveL
I use the Belkin Aircast Auto, this thing is great. I have it mounted just above the aircon control so it looks like it's part of the car. Single click to pause/play, double click to skip tracks. Perfect solution for the ISF. The only downside is that it replaces the calling function of the car.

The Belkin Aircast, doesn't allow lossless play. I bought the knock off to that as well for my supra for hands free phone, and will use the other unit to stream music form pandora, iphone anything or anything that's airplay.
Old 04-15-14, 06:11 PM
AussieISF
Driver

Originally Posted by zazzn
The Belkin Aircast, doesn't allow lossless play. I bought the knock off to that as well for my supra for hands free phone, and will use the other unit to stream music form pandora, iphone anything or anything that's airplay.
Intriguing! I will check this out further.

Has anyone found a device that supports streaming as well as DAB (digital radio) for people like us that don't have DAB on the ISF?
Old 04-15-14, 08:08 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

a problem should run into is the buzzing/hissing sound while having your device charged at the same time its playing music.
Old 04-15-14, 09:44 PM
nsx042003
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RecursiveL

Yup. this is the thing i'm using as well. but what do you mean by it replaces the calling function of the car? I can still use my phone to do calls while music is on
Old 04-21-14, 01:59 PM
zazzn
Instructor

RecursilveL, it works with Pandora and you can stream from LTE to the WIFI airenabler.

Probelm with the Belkin, is it starts to use that BT as the audio for the car as well if someone call's you, which has poorer quality IMO, this has no drawbacks at all since it keeps your factory BT.
Old 04-21-14, 04:41 PM
revolut1on
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use 1 of these in my other car.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NLTW60/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NLTW60/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Like the Belkin Aircast Auto, but this connects your phone automatically and has better reviews. Paired it up with one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EAQTRI/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EAQTRI/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seriously can't fault it in anyway, sounds perfect with no distortion at all. I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and stream anything through it including all digital radio apps like Spotify, YouTube audio etc. Also it has previous and next track buttons.
Old 04-21-14, 09:08 PM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
a problem should run into is the buzzing/hissing sound while having your device charged at the same time its playing music.
This is exactly what happened when I hooked it up. Annoying to the point that it's unlistenable for me. I guess I'll be returning it.
Old 04-22-14, 12:40 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Pqbrown
This is exactly what happened when I hooked it up. Annoying to the point that it's unlistenable for me. I guess I'll be returning it.
im sure there is a way around it. you can buy another unit, maybe 15-30 bucks, that will get rid of the noise. a ground loop isolater.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All IS-F owners without A2DP I found the god sent solution.