IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

M235i vs IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-15, 05:34 PM
tommigsr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you read the threads, some of the guys are douchebags, but some speak from experience what they think of the ISF, and come off very knowledgeable:

Originally Posted by Topspeed View Post
+1

As a resident of Colorado, you are one of the few who understand that normally aspirated vehicles are strangled at altitudes like Denver and Johannesburg (6000ft+). My 135i, as well as any other 335i's are faster in Johannesburg than my M3. It has nothing to do with the Lexus transmission, but more to do with the fact that turbocharged cars lose less power in thin air, when compared to an aspirated one. The outcome would be different if the very same race took place at sea level.

Since there is not much between an ISF and an M3, how do you suppose an M3 would fare against the M235i at altitude?

M3 vs ISF at , or M235i vs a45 Amg, at altitude would be a fair comparison.
The best post i have read so far...

I agree, i could have bet money that if they would have raced an e9X m3, the loss would have been considerably worse since the M3 lacks torque...

The Lexus has a great transmission as a matter of fact... i rented one to go to Luxembourg on a three day weekend from SIXT and let me tell you this car is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.... so refined and forgiving until you mash the throttle.... The IS-F doesn't do the what the M3 can do but what i does it does very well...

Gents, this is a sports sedan that doesn't see the service department for other than schedule maintenance which is something we cant really say about the BMW's ( I have 3 by the way)

For those asking as to why the ISF when you could have bought an M3..? well for one it comes standard already with the things the M3 can as packages that would make you cringe at checkout unless of course you are filthy rich which i am not... and...

Some guys dont like to have their cars 2 months out of the year in the shop... they dont like surprise check engine lights when the car is in their first years of their lives and they dont need to stomp of the gas pedal 24/7

Again... good victory for the 2 series car... but i think the staging of this race was lopsided and biased for one of the cars... i would like to see both cars and their prime under optimal conditions to see who would win... but as BMW owners we dont want to see that... do we..?
Old 04-15-15, 05:49 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fstpassat
Altitude, nothing more.
Word.

As a 2-series owner, I got a bit excited. Though, the unfair advantage is apparent
Old 04-17-15, 10:07 PM
dcguy
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

All I can look at is the d*** beater finger prints on the fs engine cover. Plus, they dont even know how hold the camera anyway. Terrible video.