Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Camera - Gear Pro

Old 03-31-14, 06:55 AM   #1
rmillsISF
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Default New Camera - Gear Pro

I found a new action camera option as I've been wanting a GoPro. On Woot.com they had a Gear Pro action camera for $40. I figured for that price it wasn't a huge risk and I'll use it. Here's my review:

Autocross Video from inside the car this weekend. 2nd best run of the day behind an LS3 miata:

With the "open" case mount it wokrs great. The sound is ok and the video is actually a lot better than expected. The camera records at 720P but that's fine for uploading to the internet. It's actually a lot better than I expected. The mounts are a bit cheap (as expected) but work well. I used a 32GB micro SD card in it which was another $20. I figured 720P is about all I need figuring uploading videos diminishes the quality anyways.

With the "weatherproof" case on it there are no sound holes so the sound is only catching the high pitched sounds. This limited me on the bike on only hearing the cam gear whine. Last night I drilled 2 small 45 degree holes on the back of the case toward the microphone so I'll see if that helps when I re-test this case. I'm just hoping it doesn't kill the sound with wind noise like the GoPro does.

Overall, it's about what I expected for the price and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a camera and not wanting to spend a ton of money.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 03-31-14, 06:55 AM