28.03%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Is your ISF a "Daily Driver"

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-14, 06:38 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As the OP I have to say I did not anticipate all of the comments nor did I expect to see out of 120 that took the poll (so far) that 27% are "not" daily drivers...no wonder I never see any ISF's around...LOL

But seriously "to each his/her own"...as they say.

For those that DD - Very cool and good for you as the ISF is a blast to drive and is very reliable for a car this fast.

For those that "don't" DD - Very cool and I may be Crazy but I see the ISF as an iconic automobile from the fact that it was Lexus first real performance car and I even think it is iconic from the standpoint that it is a four door that performs (not just HP) the way it does...probably would out track most other performance 4 doors...plus 2014 is the last year they will produce the ISF.

So I have decided to try and keep my indefinitely and with that decision I have decided to not DD but will put miles on it doing Lexus "F" Club events and on weekends, etc...for instance this Sunday Matador will be rolling over to St.Pete to check out the Firestone Grand Prix.

Thanks to all CL ISF owners who took the poll and made comments about why to DD or not!!!

Last edited by MYISF; 03-29-14 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-28-14, 07:06 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Mine is a garage queen - only driven on nice weekends. I ride the bus M-F.
Old 03-28-14, 07:42 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Voted no, but if the weather's nice, or if it is already dirty and I don't mind wet roads, I take the F.

I mostly work from home so there are a lot of days I just don't get out.

I did put on a lot of miles last year with three road trips. This year should be a bit lighter.
Old 03-28-14, 11:26 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is a daily and I am NOT happy about it. I've put about 5k miles on her since December. Not that she's not a blast to drive...and I DO enjoy the looks...but it was never my plan. But my cousin's car farted and engine and he needed a whip. I volunteered the integra. Right when he was getting ready to get a new one...he lost his job over some BS.

Not a problem since he's fam and I'm happy to help out. But I had visions of only driving her on sunny days when she's looking pristine. Now...I've got water bottles and whatnot all scattered around the interior.

Sounds like a 'me' problem, huh?
Old 03-28-14, 02:24 PM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Whenever... I'm driving my other car...I'd always say... I should have driven my F instead. Antways...It is my weekend car when I travel and the Space Shuttle is my daily drive.
Old 03-28-14, 10:33 PM
2008ISF
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Daily drive to and from work everyday. I look for excuses just to drive it. Errands, joy riding, food runs, more joy riding, work, shopping, even more joy riding...
Old 03-28-14, 10:58 PM
mrkim
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HA HA HELLO ALL YOUR LOOKING AT A PROUD NEW OWNER OF A USED LESS MILES 08 ISF BLACK ON BLACK...

I just gave up my is350 BLACK on TAN to my wife... new we have two black lexus(s)
Old 03-29-14, 06:18 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Mine I drive 3 maybe 4 times a week trying not to put that much miles on it since that model car are gonna be very rare to see on the streets later on just wanna have it the way I planned by adding headers,exhaust and maybe NOS but now in summer I know I will wanna drive it everyday :-) but it's ok summer it's only 3 months here in ny just hate that everytime I drive my car and parked somewhere when I come back to it almost most of the time I find lil scratches on it I don't know if people hate to see a nice car outside or what :-( that color USB stand out a lot that why I love to see it looked by itself in the garage IT looks so MEAN down there lol
Old 03-29-14, 07:13 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I drive it on weekend and if I have the day off from work. Oh or to the track Its my summer car.
Old 03-29-14, 04:11 PM
lunaC42
Driver

DD in fair weather. RAV4 in snow/torrential rain.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 03-29-14, 05:37 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
Mine I drive 3 maybe 4 times a week trying not to put that much miles on it since that model car are gonna be very rare to see on the streets later on just wanna have it the way I planned by adding headers,exhaust and maybe NOS but now in summer I know I will wanna drive it everyday :-) but it's ok summer it's only 3 months here in ny just hate that everytime I drive my car and parked somewhere when I come back to it almost most of the time I find lil scratches on it I don't know if people hate to see a nice car outside or what :-( that color USB stand out a lot that why I love to see it looked by itself in the garage IT looks so MEAN down there lol
I wish I could DD mine but this is the reason I don't do it. If I DD mine, it would be full of scratches and dents all over so I have my beater. In NY people just don't respect. Sometimes I wonder how someone got their license when trying to parallel park. If I lived in a less congested state I'd most likely DD mine.
Old 03-29-14, 08:30 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jat0223
I wish I could DD mine but this is the reason I don't do it. If I DD mine, it would be full of scratches and dents all over so I have my beater. In NY people just don't respect. Sometimes I wonder how someone got their license when trying to parallel park. If I lived in a less congested state I'd most likely DD mine.
I know tell me about this people here just do it for fun
Old 03-30-14, 12:42 PM
kdm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2008ISF
Daily drive to and from work everyday. I look for excuses just to drive it. Errands, joy riding, food runs, more joy riding, work, shopping, even more joy riding...
Ditto!

Going to the supermarket to pick up some veggies? Yup!
Going to Wendy's? Yup!
The F is always there.

The problem is that I'm accumulating miles like a mother father
Old 03-30-14, 03:50 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FraganciaF

i understand your situations but dont you agree with me that you bought the car to serve you not you serve the car??? u'd bought something but you are to afraid to use to me thats a wasting of money right there i rather put it in the bank to get interest then bought the car but so scare to use however car is a car its make for you to use from point A to point B and beside your car is not like any super cars such as Nissan GTR or Ferrari or Lamborghini ect.. you will lose the value even tho that car is not driving much, and have you ever realize that even though you dont use it as much often but when you are using it , you got an accident for that day and its total lost then isnt more even hurt you so much that you loving it like ur baby? and dont want to drive often and now its gone all the time its in the garage endup now its trash have you ever think about that????? PEOPLE NEVER PREDICT THE FUTURE so love and enjoy what you have right in front of you

P.S i have a friend his uncle having junk yard he bought all of any total lost cars and re-sell for parts one time he bought the car its total lost but the sits it look so brand new because the owner using protected cover he were like excited because the previous owner have save the sits that he could re-sell like $350 each that make me laugh so hard because the owner try to keep it as new but the car is gone and thats make people from junk yard are having profits
Old 03-30-14, 07:17 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm not sure what I would consider my daily driver...???...From spring to fall I now drive my ISF and CBR as much as possible. Fortunately I have a solid all year vehicle now with my 2014 Ram 1500 (lot of mods). Unfortunately, I now have every vehicle in my fleet competing for mods.

Quick Reply: Is your ISF a "Daily Driver"