Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Is your ISF a "Daily Driver"

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-14, 08:58 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DansonISF
i understand your situations but dont you agree with me that you bought the car to serve you not you serve the car??? u'd bought something but you are to afraid to use to me thats a wasting of money right there i rather put it in the bank to get interest then bought the car but so scare to use however car is a car its make for you to use from point A to point B and beside your car is not like any super cars such as Nissan GTR or Ferrari or Lamborghini ect.. you will lose the value even tho that car is not driving much, and have you ever realize that even though you dont use it as much often but when you are using it , you got an accident for that day and its total lost then isnt more even hurt you so much that you loving it like ur baby? and dont want to drive often and now its gone all the time its in the garage endup now its trash have you ever think about that????? PEOPLE NEVER PREDICT THE FUTURE so love and enjoy what you have right in front of you P.S i have a friend his uncle having junk yard he bought all of any total lost cars and re-sell for parts one time he bought the car its total lost but the sits it look so brand new because the owner using protected cover he were like excited because the previous owner have save the sits that he could re-sell like $350 each that make me laugh so hard because the owner try to keep it as new but the car is gone and thats make people from junk yard are having profits
I do agree with u but hey sale car so I gotta be all over meeting people bc of the car I have parked at different places there is no way I will take a v8 just to drive around to meet clients having others cars I could use to get to the place plus I save money in the gas and I don't like to be getting people I don't know In the car and by not driving it everyday the chances of the car getting total like u said which it can happen any day I'm with u in that but the chances are so LOW that ufff I don't see that happening cross my fingers... If that get to happens things happens for a reason as long as i stay alive and still able to drive again I'm good I can always get another one or better one and start all over if I work hard for it but I feel u tho
Old 03-30-14, 09:23 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
I do agree with u but hey sale car so I gotta be all over meeting people bc of the car I have parked at different places there is no way I will take a v8 just to drive around to meet clients having others cars I could use to get to the place plus I save money in the gas and I don't like to be getting people I don't know In the car and by not driving it everyday the chances of the car getting total like u said which it can happen any day I'm with u in that but the chances are so LOW that ufff I don't see that happening cross my fingers... If that get to happens things happens for a reason as long as i stay alive and still able to drive again I'm good I can always get another one or better one and start all over if I work hard for it but I feel u tho
yeah if you were said for daily work then i will not have any comments becus i know its wasting alot of gas to stop every trips 1st i were like you thinking less drive as DD but on my day off i drove mine alot ehhheeh becus i realize that bought my ISF for me to enjoy not for keep and only looked but anyway i dont drove mine when i'm using it as to work i drove another car because as you mention above save gas alot and void to park near other co-worker so they wont make any dent or scratch but on my off day i drove like crazy.
Old 03-30-14, 10:09 PM
RedlineISF
Rookie

Default Yes F is my DD

14 miles round trip per day. Just enough to warm it up enough have fun and appreciate the car. Especially on the way in to the office (leave at 5am), not too many people on the roads near where I live at that hour.
Old 03-30-14, 11:13 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DansonISF
yeah if you were said for daily work then i will not have any comments becus i know its wasting alot of gas to stop every trips 1st i were like you thinking less drive as DD but on my day off i drove mine alot ehhheeh becus i realize that bought my ISF for me to enjoy not for keep and only looked but anyway i dont drove mine when i'm using it as to work i drove another car because as you mention above save gas alot and void to park near other co-worker so they wont make any dent or scratch but on my off day i drove like crazy.
yeah I feel u on That today I was off and had nothing to do outside but I felt like to drive the car since I don't drive it much cuz of the bad weather we were having here and work bla bla the thing was that today I wanted to drive the car and I was off work so was the wife she didn't wanted to out so u just went for a ride along to get some food lol hahahahah gotta take advantage hahah
Old 03-31-14, 08:28 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really try to drive the F every chance I get but only in good weather (dry, 50+ deg). If it's colder out, I'll just drive to get it up to operating temp and go home. You really can't push it even if the ground is a little wet, it's just not safe or fun. Having the F is fun but a huge headache especially when you want to take it out but need to make sure the parking situation is OK. Google Earth is my best friend when I'm going somewhere for the first time with the F... so I can make sure the area is safe and parking situation is perfect!
Old 04-01-14, 10:35 PM
BluISF
Rookie

Drive her daily - only about 4-5 mi or so total.

I have to take her out on weekend errands taking the long way in order to get some good seat time in her

no, I'm not retired - far, far from it.

Oh, I do not take her to professional sporting events or similar venues where some goon may force you to park where THEY want you to park. I don't take her out of town. When I do go across the city (Hou. ) I can totally see how going out of town would result in shorter commute times and possible tickets - she really likes to stretch her legs.....

Thank goodness for the large family suv for those things^^

Last edited by BluISF; 04-01-14 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-02-14, 02:45 PM
cmsal168
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My matador is a weekend ride. Can't afford new tires and wheel alignment every month with all the potholes in NJ.
Old 04-02-14, 08:22 PM
Moademan
Driver School Candidate

I drive mine daily during the week on a roughly 15 mile round trip commute to the train station. Every once in a while I take it out early Saturday or Sunday morning to open her up on the NJ Turnpike (since I sit in stop n go traffic during the week). Other than that, weekends are all about the family car.