IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE header & CEL

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-14, 08:46 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My code was P2197. :T Seems like all our cars just caught a major cold or flu.
Old 03-22-14, 05:31 AM
yishin
Driver

Default Hmm

Guessing defected o2 simulator
Old 03-22-14, 03:58 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by yishin
Guessing defected o2 simulator
Not possible. It would have to be a code for sensor 2, not sensor 1 if it were the simulator.
Old 03-22-14, 07:27 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Codes were cleared but 15 miles later cel came back on. It says car is running lean.
Old 04-02-14, 09:36 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE. So I had replaced the A/F sensor with one from my stock headers. Got a CEL. Replaced the A/F sensor with the other A/F sensor from the other stock headers. Got a CEL. Replaced the A/F sensor with a BRAND new sensor. Now it's been fine for a full week this time. Usually the CEL comes on within an hour of driving.

So perhaps the old A/F sensors were fine when using the stock headers but with the PPE headers, they're not? I don't know - but at least I'm happy that it's fixed now. If the CEL comes back on again, it might be the extension which will be the next thing to replace.
Old 04-03-14, 06:56 AM
IsFast3r
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone tell me the model needed for the AF Sensors? I know there's a bosch one or the denso. Thanks!

FYI I contacted PPE and they quickly got back to me and sent me the replacement extension free of charge. Great customer service!
Old 04-03-14, 07:23 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
UPDATE. So I had replaced the A/F sensor with one from my stock headers. Got a CEL. Replaced the A/F sensor with the other A/F sensor from the other stock headers. Got a CEL. Replaced the A/F sensor with a BRAND new sensor. Now it's been fine for a full week this time. Usually the CEL comes on within an hour of driving.

So perhaps the old A/F sensors were fine when using the stock headers but with the PPE headers, they're not? I don't know - but at least I'm happy that it's fixed now. If the CEL comes back on again, it might be the extension which will be the next thing to replace.

nice!! hope it won't pop up again Doc. My tech who did the PPE headers able to use the old sensors from OEM headers without any problem (knocks on wood).
Old 04-03-14, 10:36 AM
awkkwrd
Rookie

Originally Posted by IsFast3r
Can anyone tell me the model needed for the AF Sensors? I know there's a bosch one or the denso. Thanks!

FYI I contacted PPE and they quickly got back to me and sent me the replacement extension free of charge. Great customer service!
I'm pretty sure the denso ones are the same as OEM.

Same with me, awesome service from ppe. Sent me a new extension for free and super fast too.
Old 04-13-14, 01:46 AM
crazee201
Pole Position

My issue was resolved with the new replacement of new A/F sensors. Ended up swapping both out just in case the other one chooses to go out later on. Paul at PPE definitely helped out a lot through the process and great customer service. Glad I went with PPE.
Old 04-13-14, 07:09 AM
Lexgendboi
Driver

This is scary. Was gonna do PPE header but gotta think twice again now
Old 04-13-14, 12:38 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Do the headers. I think the headers are less problematic and add more power than the catback exhausts. if I could do it over again, I'd get headers but should've just kept the exhaust stock.
Old 04-13-14, 12:49 PM
awkkwrd
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lexgendboi
This is scary. Was gonna do PPE header but gotta think twice again now
I wouldn't be scared. For my case it was due to water getting on the connector screwing it all up, it was more installation error than anything. Also, with the customer service you get from PPE the problem, if any, will be figured out quite easily. Modded car problems
Old 04-23-14, 07:34 AM
IsFast3r
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wanted to update everyone regarding my CEL... I had code P2241 low current bank 2 sensor 1

I contacted PPE and Paul immediately sent out a replacement extender cable which I got surprisingly 2 days later. Turns out they were 100% correct and the cable melted from the heat off the headers. Installer made a bad decision on routing of the cable, new routing is a bit further away from the headers now. 2 hours later and its in, No CEL as of yet so its looking good. Great customer service from PPE!

Old 05-19-14, 01:22 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

So my CEL came back again! So it's not the A/F sensors. Finally got around to changing the extender cable and for a couple of hundred miles no CEL. The odd thing is that I didn't notice any melted wires or anything. Possibly bad connection? But knocking on wood for now… no CEL for now. Thanks Paul for sending the extender cable. I must say I am impressed by the customer service.
Old 05-19-14, 07:25 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Think I am going to pull the plastic loom off and use a braided loom with heat shrinked ends, then cover that in this stuff I used for my battery relocation(on my FD) and also heat-shrink the ends of that. All this melted wiring, etc is sketching me out. Also thinking about building a plug and play harness for the o2 sim that ties into the rear o2 vs up by the ECU.

Quick Reply: PPE header & CEL