BieberNutz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Officially the unofficial picture for this thread

Old 12-24-14, 06:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Car & Driver " with all the data crunched , the RCF proves no quicker than the old ISF. We recorded a 4.3 second zero to 60 and qtr mile time of 12.8 seconds, identical to the 2008 ISF."

BOOM ....

I don't have RC envy. I love the interior and even feel that the grille will grow on me. I just don't like not having 4 seats and I'm pretty sure I will not fit in the RCF with a helmet. Makes no sense to me to drive a car like the F and not be able to hit the track . I'm loving my ISF . As my kids get older I will need more room so I'm thinking about the GSF for the future or a panamera.
Old 12-26-14, 02:38 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I sat in the RC-F with a sunroof. I am 6' 2" with a 34" inseam. I cannot fit in the car with a helmet on even under the best circumstances. Definitely keeping the IS-F.
Old 12-26-14, 08:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I sat in the RC-F with a sunroof. I am 6' 2" with a 34" inseam. I cannot fit in the car with a helmet on even under the best circumstances. Definitely keeping the IS-F.
Would be awesome to roll into the dealership asking for an RCF test drive and then using the helmet on the test drive.
Old 12-27-14, 06:52 AM
JM51526
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Damn, that's a shame. I barely fit (as in helmet lightly rubbing) the IS F with a helmet. Nix on the RC, then - but I still plan on test driving one for fun. I'll bring my helmet along to show why they missed a potential sale...
Old 12-28-14, 11:31 AM
cardoc1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default They Are Really 2 Different Cars

I currently own an 08 ISF and 15 RCF - if I could only own one after driving both back to back I would go for the RCF. Don't get me wrong I still love my ISF and will not sell it but the RCF is more refined and it's obvious that is a 7 year old newer car (even though my ISF has only 1000 miles on it). This thing about the weight on the RCF IMO is a lot of bunk. The RCF does a lot of things extremely well including going in a straight line.
Old 12-29-14, 06:46 PM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I find odd, the RCF is longer than the ISF, so why is there less rear leg room and less cargo space? I am sure the RCF is very refined compared to the ISF, but still can't justify having a rear seat with no leg room. Like others on here with Supras, I never let anyone ride in the back(my driver seat touches the rear seat, just to mention how bad that is). Lexus did too much with the rear section; making them look nice and form fitting all the while non-functional. I honestly think the RCF should of been a smaller two seater hatchback, since the back seats are useless. With no leg room the rear seats are only meant for jackets, purses, and satchels. And all the while still weights more and still no real spare tire?

Last edited by Fsport2UR; 12-29-14 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-30-14, 09:50 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Of course it is great that a car like the RCF made it to production.
I just cannot see myself getting one over a car like preowned porsche 997 gts.
Old 12-30-14, 09:58 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

ive sat in the back of an RC. With the seat adjusted for my driving position, Im 5'9", I still have about a 2 finger gap between my knees and the front seat. Feels like the GTR backseat. Headroom is pretty low though, I only had about 1.5" of headroom

Originally Posted by JM51526
Damn, that's a shame. I barely fit (as in helmet lightly rubbing) the IS F with a helmet. Nix on the RC, then - but I still plan on test driving one for fun. I'll bring my helmet along to show why they missed a potential sale...
would have to special order either the carbon package or no sunroof option. Sunroofs eat up a lot of headspace. I personally dont like sunroofs, rarely use them.
Old 12-30-14, 12:18 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Would be awesome to roll into the dealership asking for an RCF test drive and then using the helmet on the test drive.
ha that would be funny
Old 01-13-15, 11:59 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...53&oe=556F116A

Is it me, or does it seem strange that the RCF is only putting down 360 to the wheels. I thought the ISf was in the 345-350 stock. Anyone surprised by this. Just saw this on Facebook

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...a1&oe=5523623B

PS not trying to push sibling rivalry. Just wondering how its so close to the ISF with 51hp more at the crank and the same tranny ( or extremely similar). Can anyone clarify??
Old 01-13-15, 12:26 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^Used the Search and found this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...rc-f-dyno.html

Lou
Old 01-13-15, 01:20 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it me, or does it seem strange that the RCF is only putting down 360 to the wheels. I thought the ISf was in the 345-350 stock. Anyone surprised by this. Just saw this on Facebook

PS not trying to push sibling rivalry. Just wondering how its so close to the ISF with 51hp more at the crank and the same tranny ( or extremely similar). Can anyone clarify??
Once again, different dynos and different days.
Old 01-13-15, 01:46 PM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz

Lou
I'd like to see the actual dyno sheet. I never liked it when people post dyno videos, and then they state it put down so and so. I can't trust someones word, a dyno sheet is hard facts.

I mentioned this on another thread, I think the RCF is not putting out the power it claims. The RCF only out runs the ISF in quarter by 1 mph(looking at the best runs bone stock). Until I see an actual RCF dyno sheet with +380whp then I will be a believer.
Old 01-13-15, 05:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lowrideraz

Lou
Thanks Lou
Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
Once again, different dynos and different days.
gotcha. Ive only dynod one of my cars , so dont have a lot of direct experience with different dynos and how things vary. Seem like it would be better if these dynos read universally so that data is comparable across the board.

Originally Posted by Fsport2UR
I'd like to see the actual dyno sheet. I never liked it when people post dyno videos, and then they state it put down so and so. I can't trust someones word, a dyno sheet is hard facts.

I mentioned this on another thread, I think the RCF is not putting out the power it claims. The RCF only out runs the ISF in quarter by 1 mph(looking at the best runs bone stock). Until I see an actual RCF dyno sheet with +380whp then I will be a believer.

Quick Reply: IS-F vs RC-F