help and knowledge please...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-14, 04:28 PM
Hitman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
http://www.goapr.com/products/turbo_...si_vl_k04.html

Actually my simple analysis is pretty close according to APR and their KO4 kit for your car. Maybe you don't understand gas physics the way I do, or haven't spent as much time porting heads, building engines, etc...but I digress.

And you are still not even close to a Mustang V8's power to weight even on 100 octane fuel.
Terrific, but APR isn't the direction I went. They have the mildest tunes out there, especially for turbo upgrades. And again, your 1.5 factor is laughable at best and embarrassing for someone who claims to know so much about turbo cars. If you ever want to really talk shop, let me know. I engineer automotive powertrains for a living and work primarily on forced induction applications. I also wrench on cars as a hobby and I've been doing so for more than 25 years now.
Old 01-23-14, 04:38 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hitman
BTW, the 2.0T engines have no carbon problems. The V8 S5 definitely does, but anyone who works on Audis knows that this generation of the 2.0T , despite being a DI engine, has no carbon issues. So you obviously don't know what you're talking about...
I'm no expert at this…however, I thought most engines that are directly injected are prone to carbon build up? I recently read that Porsche boxer engines have shown to be less prone to carbon build up?

Supposedly the fix is Directly Injected and Port Injected engine?

Also…what about an Italian Tune-Up?
Old 01-23-14, 04:48 PM
Hitman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Just F Me
I'm no expert at this…however, I thought most engines that are directly injected are prone to carbon build up? I recently read that Porsche boxer engines have shown to be less prone to carbon build up?

Supposedly the fix is Directly Injected and Port Injected engine?

Also…what about an Italian Tune-Up?
Yup, a lot of DI engines do suffer from carbon issues. Some engines that are DI also use conventional port injection to help control carbon deposits. Audi's E888 (the current generation 2.0T) is strictly DI and does not suffer from carbon issues.
Old 01-23-14, 04:49 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Subscribed.....
Old 01-23-14, 08:48 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hitman
You busted nothing, Nancy. The only claim I made is that my lightly modded A5 pulls harder than an S5 (which is nothing to brag about) and as hard as a Coyote 5.0 Mustang. I never said anything at all about your precious little Lexus, so try not to get your panties all knotted up.

BTW, the 2.0T engines have no carbon problems. The V8 S5 definitely does, but anyone who works on Audis knows that this generation of the 2.0T , despite being a DI engine, has no carbon issues. So you obviously don't know what you're talking about...
Sorry "Hitman" but the village called and they want their idiot back! By this time tomorrow I will have pictures of the latest 2010 Audi 2.0t we pulled apart to clean. What our shop does as a matter of practice is send pictures to customers during the entire repair process to help them understand the repair they are paying for, and show them the end result. Please have a towel ready to help remove the egg from your face. When done please leave this site because you are clearly a troll with an agenda.

Last edited by ming15237; 01-23-14 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-23-14, 09:21 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Entertaining thread!

Anyway, if the modded A5 is as fast as it is, I am in no position to question it. It's modded after all.

All I know is from street races against APR modded S4's with my wifes 2012 Mustang GT AUTO trans with just a tune, the Mustang is faster . Not by much, but it does pull on them especially after 80mph. (heck, the Mustang is faster in a straight line than my ISF up to ~125mph.)

If the modded A5 here can keep up with Mustang 5.0's, which in turn is faster than APR S4's, I have yet to encounter one here in CA... I think all the A5 2.0L's in CA are stock....

On a separate note, I did run against a modded S6 (V8T badged) and got destroyed.....
Old 01-24-14, 04:08 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

lolz, face off!

*popcorn
Old 01-25-14, 06:35 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

[ATTACH]help and knowledge please...-samules2010a3.jpg[/ATTACH]

Enjoy...
Attached Thumbnails help and knowledge please...-samules2010-a2.jpg  
Old 01-25-14, 01:00 PM
Hitman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by itsmike177
Entertaining thread!

Anyway, if the modded A5 is as fast as it is, I am in no position to question it. It's modded after all.

All I know is from street races against APR modded S4's with my wifes 2012 Mustang GT AUTO trans with just a tune, the Mustang is faster . Not by much, but it does pull on them especially after 80mph. (heck, the Mustang is faster in a straight line than my ISF up to ~125mph.)

If the modded A5 here can keep up with Mustang 5.0's, which in turn is faster than APR S4's, I have yet to encounter one here in CA... I think all the A5 2.0L's in CA are stock....

On a separate note, I did run against a modded S6 (V8T badged) and got destroyed.....
LOL....what exactly is an "APR S4"? Are you talking about an S4 with an APR tune? My car has more than just a tune....plus, APR tunes are mild anyway, so nobody is very impressed.
Old 01-25-14, 01:09 PM
Hitman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ming15237
[ATTACH]Attachment 313102[/ATTACH]

Enjoy...
Haha....okay, Nancy. Now it is time for me to prove that you're full of crap. Anyone can find pics of a gunked up cylinder head and claim that is from a 2010 2.0T. I'm pretty sure I've seen those exact pics before. So to prove that you are not full of crap, I want you to take another picture, but only this time, write your screen name and today's date on a piece of paper and place it on the cylinder head before you take the pic. And then include a pic of the car as well, clearly showing it as a late-model Audi with the top of the engine disassembled. Until then, you have proven nothing. And don't worry, I won't be holding my breath waiting, because I know you can't do any of the things I just challenged you to do.
Old 01-25-14, 01:25 PM
Hitman
Driver School Candidate

Big shout to my little buddy Ming.....LOLOL

Sorry, kiddo...you've been busted. The picture that you claimed to have taken at your shop can be found here in this Mazda forum thread:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspe...big-issue.html

Next time you claim to bust someone, try not to get so unbelievably busted yourself.
Old 01-25-14, 01:29 PM
Hitman
Driver School Candidate

Uh oh......and again here in this BMW forum:

http://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/showthread.php?tid=38980

Actually, that pic can be found all over the Internet. Next time, try to find a pic that isn't so easy to find. BTW, I guess you'll need that towel to wipe the egg off your own face, bud.
Old 02-04-14, 07:13 PM
Hitman
Driver School Candidate

Just an update.....I got a cool new tool yesterday. It's an engine scope. I used it to "see" inside the induction system and I'm happy to report that everything looks clean as a whistle. No evidence of carbon build-up anywhere!
Old 02-04-14, 07:29 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys have too much time on your hands
Old 02-04-14, 09:56 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

LOL. Not often the ISF forum gets trolled. Took the bait pretty hard guys.

ISF. I just purchased a GTR, but I still come back and check out whats new the ISF's. Its a great car.

Quick Reply: help and knowledge please...