IS-F after the RC-F

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-14, 05:48 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
THE ISF WILL NOT BE DISCONTINUED

People are miss understanding. Lexus is going to stop making this gen ISF and move on to the Next one stop confusing that as discounting the ISF. Why in the world would Lexus discontinue their only M3 fighter and stop their first F model? The ISF is the star child maybe not at the moment but it was the first F
I've said on this website mutliple times....2018 model year.
Old 12-10-14, 04:09 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me

The Supra was only popular because of the Fast and The Furious franchises and that's a big reason why the prices have sky rocketed. I doubt that's gonna happen with the IS F. HOWEVER…only sales will tell. If the sales numbers for the RC-F suck, and people still prefer the IS F (and the 4 doors), then maybe the value will hold pretty well. Who knows, they might release a 4th gen IS F (not this 2 door RC thingy)
I have to respectfully disagree with you on the only reason Supra was popular because of movie Fast and Furious. I'm 50yrs old and have been in car scene since I was 17 and watched important car scene starting in early 80's with Datson 510, RX-3,GTi, VW Rabbit's, then RX7, Starion, and Celica just to name few.

In 1978 Celica Supra was built and every few years they continued to improve it, in 1986 MK III was born first car baring the name Supra but in 1992 is when it started to get rep as a badass car that's when legendary MKIV came out, it was GTR of its time the original Godzilla, the way it just destroyed super cars of day, with that indestructible engine block know as 2JZ GTE. It was already racing legend in1999 and we'll know not only in street racing scene but traditional racing circle as well by the time F&F came out that why they featured it in movie.

I do think IS-F will hold its value but not as well as Supra or NSX. The Supra held its value based on that legendary motor and performance and the NSX for its handling and revolutionary design from a Japanese company. I think the IS F will be remembered as the car that began Toyota's resurgence into performance car market and the first performance car in F line.
Old 12-12-14, 04:17 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

The Lexus IS F was officially discontinued on April 2014. Meaning, customers were still allowed to order a new vehicle before month end. After that, they ceased orders and building them.
Originally Posted by ISF001
Has Lexus "officially" stated the ISF is discontinued? Officially?

Based on what I have seen and read to date, the ISF will quite adequately hold its own against the RCF. I can see the torque vectoring differential giving the RCF an advantage on the track--maybe.

I need to see the specs and see the cars track performance during the next year.
Old 12-12-14, 05:45 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
I have to respectfully disagree with you on the only reason Supra was popular because of movie Fast and Furious. I'm 50yrs old and have been in car scene since I was 17 and watched important car scene starting in early 80's with Datson 510, RX-3,GTi, VW Rabbit's, then RX7, Starion, and Celica just to name few.

In 1978 Celica Supra was built and every few years they continued to improve it, in 1986 MK III was born first car baring the name Supra but in 1992 is when it started to get rep as a badass car that's when legendary MKIV came out, it was GTR of its time the original Godzilla, the way it just destroyed super cars of day, with that indestructible engine block know as 2JZ GTE. It was already racing legend in1999 and we'll know not only in street racing scene but traditional racing circle as well by the time F&F came out that why they featured it in movie.

I do think IS-F will hold its value but not as well as Supra or NSX. The Supra held its value based on that legendary motor and performance and the NSX for its handling and revolutionary design from a Japanese company. I think the IS F will be remembered as the car that began Toyota's resurgence into performance car market and the first performance car in F line.
And I disagree with you. I bought my current Supra in January of 1997. It is a '93 model, it is a hard top TT 6 speed and it had 32,xxx miles on it when purchased. The seller had been trying to sell it for 6 months without success. I paid $28,500 for it. They were over $50k new at the time. When F&F hit the scene, the resale value of my car skyrocketed. Even now, with 150k miles on it, I could get nearly what I paid for it in 1997 because it is a Supra, it's a hardtop, and it's an original twin turbo - one of less than 350 imported AND because Craig Lieberman's Supra was in F&F. Were it not for that, I doubt I could get even $10k for it.

And while I've always been a fan of the MkIII body style, the drive train was really weak sauce in so many ways compared to even the competition of the time that no one took it seriously. And the only racing the MkIV Supra excelled in was drag racing. Sad but true, the Motorola Cup version of the car was just too heavy to be seriously competitive.
Old 12-12-14, 09:09 PM
Dnfwm
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just would like to add that a supra has in my opinion a timeless design. I do think the isf will hold strong. Compare it to the likes of a mercedes s550 (07 to 08). The cars were 100k new and now you can have them for 20-30k. The isf can be market controlled by owners because of rarity.
Old 12-15-14, 10:41 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
As long as US current owners dont sell for cheap, the market will take care of itself.
On point. This explains it all in my opinion.